+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

CHRoNiCWiLL

Apr 4, 2018
Spouse was a March 2017 applicant.
Finally got DM on both sides now just today.
When can we expect the landing letter? (We are in Toronto area)

Finally, I have one question for travelling to the US.
If we go through with the landing interview and want to travel to the US, but before she receives her PR card, can she return without having to apply and wait for a PR travel document to be issued to her? I know during the interview they take back all your existing permits. Her visa has already expired and obviously she wont have her OWP to that would allow her to return if traveling to the US.

CdnwifeUSwife

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Peterborough
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
21-12-2017
Doc's Request.
08-02-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2018
Med's Request
15-06-2018
Med's Done....
29-06-2018
LANDED..........
25-10-2018
Whoo!! Got DM just now on both sides! So excited! (Wife got AIP just yesterday.) Wow!
How long average to wait for landing appt letter?
We're from Peterborough so we'll go to the one in Etobicoke.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Spouse was a March 2017 applicant.
Finally got DM on both sides now just today.
When can we expect the landing letter? (We are in Toronto area)

Finally, I have one question for travelling to the US.
If we go through with the landing interview and want to travel to the US, but before she receives her PR card, can she return without having to apply and wait for a PR travel document to be issued to her? I know during the interview they take back all your existing permits. Her visa has already expired and obviously she wont have her OWP to that would allow her to return if traveling to the US.
I have never tried, but apparently you can cross land border with the CoPR, but you cannot cross with a flight using the same document.

Landing in Etobicoke seems to occur typically 4-5 weeks after DM.

princessjustin24

Jan 26, 2018
I have never tried, but apparently you can cross land border with the CoPR, but you cannot cross with a flight using the same document.

Landing in Etobicoke seems to occur typically 4-5 weeks after DM.
Is landing interview only in etobicoke for toronto?

Last edited:

MDch

Sep 12, 2017
Hi everyone!

Quick question (so hard to get a hold of cic.. :( ) .. we have gotten our landing interview and PR status on September 28 :) It usually take 4-5 weeks for the PR card to arrive in the mail. We are on the last week to receive it. On the website, it advises to submit another request to obtain it in the mail once the 6 weeks are up but we have some travel plans coming up so I wanted to check on status (maybe they never sent it? was hoping I could check if they had). I know I am still within the 6 weeks so it may arrive this week but Im already feeling a little worried since requesting another PR card may take another 4-6 weeks and we are planning a trip in the next couple of months. Any thoughts or suggestions? Has this happened to anyone? What did you do?

Thank you and good luck everyone!

Nlkko

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2014
Nomination.....
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
Med's Request
02-11-2016
Med's Done....
13-11-2016
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2017
LANDED..........
17-03-2017
I have not received AIP as of yet. I see DM on both sides of ECAS. Today i called CIC to confirm my Decision and the agent told me your application has been approved and now i have to wait for my landing interview e-mail.
AIP is your "DM on both side" my guy.

Reactions: oMapletree

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
Dec 21st Inland applicant - my wife got AIP yesterday on our first year wedding anniversary. Best news ever for us! I haven't gotten SA yet. I'm now checking the ECAS account for when it changes to "decision made" in the next few days. According to the spreadsheet, some got SA after AIP and some never got SA and it went straight to DM. Look forward to see those words show up in both sides on ECAS account. :)
Congratulations! You guys have been so blessed!

Lemur

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
I have not received AIP as of yet. I see DM on both sides of ECAS. Today i called CIC to confirm my Decision and the agent told me your application has been approved and now i have to wait for my landing interview e-mail.
Wow crazy. Did you ever get a notification that they started reviewing your eligibility? MyCIC account is still on processing background. I've done medical and fingerprinting months ago. ECAS just says in process on both sides.

oMapletree

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
Wow crazy. Did you ever get a notification that they started reviewing your eligibility? MyCIC account is still on processing background. I've done medical and fingerprinting months ago. ECAS just says in process on both sides.
Yes, I was notified last Thursday that they have started reviewing my eligibility and the next day in the morning i saw DM on both sides of my ecas .