+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
September 2017 still waiting for AIP sigh ...
Have you tried calling your MP ? I can only think that's the only thing that has changed on our behalf as we haven't sent the information into CIC as they requested (cuz we haven't received it yet ). But we were over the year and I messaged the MP as well as followed up with an email, then we had DM and our landing appointment suddenly. It's worth a try at the very least.

Reactions: sylvain1

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
Hey guys,

When I become a PR, does my visa become void in the system or do they stamp on it void ?

Thanks
All pervious visa's etc. become void. You're supposed to take it in with you to the landing appointment and they keep it. You won't need after you are a PR anyway.

oMapletree

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
hey . did you get a SA or AIP letter? im in the same boat ..got dm on both sides but no emails from cic.
Same here. DM on both sides but i have not received anything as of yet. Recently @Perrybrown called CIC and they told him his application is approved. So the best we can do is try calling them to know about application status or wait a few weeks for landing appointment as mentioned by everybody's experiences!

Windsor ON

Sep 11, 2018
All pervious visa's etc. become void. You're supposed to take it in with you to the landing appointment and they keep it. You won't need after you are a PR anyway.
I know that but my question was do they stamp void on the visa, since they cannot take it ?

People who did the Landing interview, please share your experience. Thanks in advance.

oMapletree

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
what is cic’s number? i already received dm for both sides after getting aip yesterday but havent gotten the lamding interview yet.
You probably have to wait 2-3 weeks now to receive landing interview e-mail from them. But AIP confirms that you have been approved. You just gotta wait a little more . You'll become PR Officially by end of next month. :)

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hey guys,

When I become a PR, does my visa become void in the system or do they stamp on it void ?

Thanks
For my wife at least, they told us it becomes void but they did not stamp anything on her Visa in her passport. So probably just in their system. However they took her study permit and destroyed it.

Reactions: Windsor ON

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
what is cic’s number? i already received dm for both sides after getting aip yesterday but havent gotten the lamding interview yet.
1-888- 242-2100
But your landing invitation can take a few weeks to come.

Last edited:

Windsor ON

Sep 11, 2018
Sept 25th applicant. Received landing interview invitation today! Oct 2!! This is it!!
For my wife at least, they told us it becomes void but they did not stamp anything on her Visa in her passport. So probably just in their system. However they took her study permit and destroyed it.
Thank you sylvain1. I was hoping that they don’t if anyone has different info please share it.

Thanks

Reactions: sylvain1

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
@sylvain1 I really want to make sure what DM on ECAS both sides means? Like what's the 100% answer ? Should i wait for letter to confirm or it really means i'm approved?
Assuming you did not get a procedural fairness letter (letter saying they plan to reject your application, giving you the reasons and giving you a last opportunity to address their concerns), DM on both sides =100% positive news. They finished processing your application. The only remaining thing is to invite you for the official landing.
Typically SA and AIP letters are received the same day or the day after seeing the change in ECAS. The DM letter is very unreliably sent; sometimes right away, sometimes with long delays (weeks), sometimes not sent at all! And even if you do receive the DM letter, the letter will only state that a decision has been reached (not stating which decision) and that your file will be transferred to your local office for finalization.

Now depending on your location it might take 1-6 weeks to receive your landing invitation. So, relax and enjoy your time, because in a matter of few weeks you will officially become a permanent resident!

oMapletree

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
Assuming you did not get a procedural fairness letter (letter saying they plan to reject your application, giving you the reasons and giving you a last opportunity to address their concerns), DM on both sides =100% positive news. They finished processing your application. The only remaining thing is to invite you for the official landing.
Typically SA and AIP letters are received the same day or the day after seeing the change in ECAS. The DM letter is very unreliably sent; sometimes right away, sometimes with long delays (weeks), sometimes not sent at all! And even if you do receive the DM letter, the letter will only state that a decision has been reached (not stating which decision) and that your file will be transferred to your local office for finalization.

Now depending on your location it might take 1-6 weeks to receive your landing invitation. So, relax and enjoy your time, because in a matter of few weeks you will officially become a permanent resident!
@sylvain1 Just curious to know more from you as you made me excited after reading your answer. So the fairness letter usually come to those before DM's on both sides if they wish to reject or it can come after DM's too? I am from Toronto so i guess it will be Etobicoke office. For AIP and SA letter i have not received anything as of yet, So can it take longer than 1-2 days to receive e-mail after change in ECAS ?

Last edited: