+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
OH! What is it? And how do I get it?

Thanks!
Lolz.

1. We need AIP letter/ DM letter to apply for “Carte d’assurance maladie du Québec valide ou une lettre de la Régie de l’assurance maladie du Québec confirmant votre inscription”

2. Go to RAMQ Quebec to ask:

http://www.ramq.gouv.qc.ca/en/contact-us/citizens/Pages/contact-us.aspx

In person

Québec reception desk

787, boulevard Lebourgneuf
Québec (Québec)
G2J 1C3

The Régie's reception desk is located in the offices of Services Québec and the Société de l'assurance automobile du Québec (SAAQ).

Directions

By telephone
· Québec418 646-4636

· Montréal514 864-3411

· Elsewhere in Québec1 800 561-9749

---------

I will update here when I get DM letter + landing letter :)

keihuynh

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
Lolz.

1. We need AIP letter/ DM letter to apply for “Carte d’assurance maladie du Québec valide ou une lettre de la Régie de l’assurance maladie du Québec confirmant votre inscription”

2. Go to RAMQ Quebec to ask:

http://www.ramq.gouv.qc.ca/en/contact-us/citizens/Pages/contact-us.aspx

In person

Québec reception desk

787, boulevard Lebourgneuf
Québec (Québec)
G2J 1C3

The Régie's reception desk is located in the offices of Services Québec and the Société de l'assurance automobile du Québec (SAAQ).

Directions

By telephone
· Québec418 646-4636

· Montréal514 864-3411

· Elsewhere in Québec1 800 561-9749

---------

I will update here when I get DM letter + landing letter :)

Urgh. I thought Carte d'assurance comes like 3 months since the day we become PR (after the interview, etc.) I don't even know why they sent me DM letter annoucing the process is finished but they don't send me anything regarding the AIP...

I will check up on it anyway, thank you!

Best of luck to both of usss!

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Urgh. I thought Carte d'assurance comes like 3 months since the day we become PR (after the interview, etc.) I don't even know why they sent me DM letter annoucing the process is finished but they don't send me anything regarding the AIP...

I will check up on it anyway, thank you!

Best of luck to both of usss!
Thanks.

If you have read this thread back to 100 pages, you will see lots of people did not receive either AIP letter or SA letter, it depends on case by case we concluded. Some people got SA letters after they got PR stamps! Lolz.

Health card will be issued after PR card, it's true but in case you want to have it earlier, it's your chance now.

Reactions: keihuynh

justyna123

Apr 24, 2018
Hi, people who got DM letter and landing interview letter:) Those letters comes to sponsor or applicant email? or maybe IRCC will send them to online account like AIP letter? my husband lost access to his email so right now im worried that we will miss the interview letter since in the beginning of july we got SP and AIP and both sides of application state Decision Made. Thanks for help in advance:)

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Hi, people who got DM letter and landing interview letter:) Those letters comes to sponsor or applicant email? or maybe IRCC will send them to online account like AIP letter? my husband lost access to his email so right now im worried that we will miss the interview letter since in the beginning of july we got SP and AIP and both sides of application state Decision Made. Thanks for help in advance:)
Hi there,

I cannot answer your question as I haven't received SA and landing letter yet, however I just saw that you don't have OWP. According to AIP letter, they said clearly that:
"You must have legal temporary resident status in Canada to remain in the country legally.
Having legal temporary residence status means you are in possession of a document issued by
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) which allows you to remain in Canada
for the period of time specified on this document. This document may in the form of a visitor
extension, work permit, study permit or temporary resident permit."

=> So just make sure that you have legal temporary resident status :)

gabrielasqs

Sep 26, 2017
Applicant's email, no nothing show up at online account anymore and online account won't have any update until you are landed. You should call cic to let them know about your issue with the email so they can send it by mail or contact them via Webform

justyna123

Apr 24, 2018
Hi there,

I cannot answer your question as I haven't received SA and landing letter yet, however I just saw that you don't have OWP. According to AIP letter, they said clearly that:
"You must have legal temporary resident status in Canada to remain in the country legally.
Having legal temporary residence status means you are in possession of a document issued by
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) which allows you to remain in Canada
for the period of time specified on this document. This document may in the form of a visitor
extension, work permit, study permit or temporary resident permit."

=> So just make sure that you have legal temporary resident status :)
I just contact IRCC and they said that he is already approved so is nothing to do now only wait for landing interview:) AIP letter also state that "Although out-of-status spouses and common-law partners may now apply for permanent residence in the Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada Class, persons without legal immigration status in Canada may be subject to removal proceedings at any time for failing to have or maintain legal immigration status in Canada." and I know usually they are not separate families during application and allow applicant stay in country:)

justyna123

Apr 24, 2018
Applicant's email, no nothing show up at online account anymore and online account won't have any update until you are landed. You should call cic to let them know about your issue with the email so they can send it by mail or contact them via Webform
Thanks. I tried to contact them before but only today was able to speak with agent, he said that they did not send us DM letter or interview letter yet. Also he updated my husband email so we gonna got all letters in the future:) Hopefully soon.

Kunlexy

Jul 5, 2018
I got my interview request in my Cic account. The title was “Event Created” and when I clicked it, it showed the interview date and time. I never got anything in my email. The only emails I receive is to tell me there’s been an update to my account and that I should sign in.
Let’s not mislead people here.

Reactions: justyna123

Kunlexy

Jul 5, 2018
Officially a permanent resident as of yesterday July 10 2018.

In two years I can finally apply for citizenship too.

This is so exciting and I feel like a huge weight has been taken off my shoulders.

To you all waiting to get your various expected confirmations, it shall come soon, just stay patient.

Best of luck guys!

Last edited:

keihuynh

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
Officially a permanent resident as of yesterday July 10 2018.

In two years I can finally apply for citizenship too.

This is so exciting and I feel like a huge weight has been taken off my shoulders.

To you all waiting to get your, itvshall cone soon, just stay patient.

Best of luck guys!
Congratulations! :)

My patience is running out. Though I have been saying this for the last 11 months. :D:D:D

Kunlexy

Jul 5, 2018
Congratulations! :)

My patience is running out. Though I have been saying this for the last 11 months. :D:D:D
It will come when you are not even expecting it.

I remember that I used to check ECAS and my online account everyday, then I had a few days I was busy and couldn’t check and that’s when it came in

Kunlexy

Jul 5, 2018
Hey Gabriela, I’m trying to reply to your thread reply but I can’t seem to find it here, just in my email.
I’m just gonna day that I’ve been checking this thread for a long time(before I finally decided to sign up) and I know that you have helped a lot of people here ( including myself), giving us all hope and I’m happy that we both have our status now. I guess they just like to switch things up. If it was possible to post a picture here, I would take a screenshot of my timeline and show it here lol

keihuynh

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
"It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a..."​

Can I please ask if this is the AIP right?