+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

mmorelu

Oct 12, 2017
If you travel by air, it will. During the interview your status changes to Permanent Resident (if you decide to accept your permanent residence during your interview). You are no longer temporary resident or visitor. You don't have an ETA anymore (if u had one before). The airport or even before you board the plane back to Canada will require a permanent resident card that you will get in 8 - 10 weeks from your interview date. The confirmation of permanent resident is not a valid travel document, work permit is not a valid travel document. I would suggest mentioning it during your interview because they do ask about those things. There was a post about it a while ago. The person rescheduled his interview after his travel. If you accept your permanent residence during your interview that will happen before you travel, you might not be accepted back in Canada (even before you board the plane) because you won't have a permanent resident card. I was told in Etobicoke that IT IS NOT recommended to leave the country before I obtain my permanent resident card.

However, there is a solution. If you are staying more than a week in a different country, you can request a Canadian embassy to issue a document for you stating that you are a permanent resident which you might use to go back to Canada.

Landing at the airport is not an option for inland applicants.

I recently travelled outside of Canada and came back 1 week before my landing interview. I was asked those questions and I was asked why don't I have a permanent resident card yet BEFORE I boarded the plane back to Canada.
Thank you very much!! :). Was it difficult to reschedule? Did you have to call or use the web form? So I can reschedule the interview after my trip, and use my work permit right?

keihuynh

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
Landed today in Montreal at 4pm!!

11 months of process, I’m soooo happy all this is over!!

It was super nice to share timelines with you guys! Now it’s time to celebrate and wait for the card!!

Good luck guys! I wish everybody this amazing feeling!!

Congratulations again ! And I hope to be feeling the same way you do soooon!

Pinklala

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Hi everyone i have been following this page , having question to you all who ever can help please , I apply my Pr in Jan 2017 after DN on sponsor side no update till this week they sent me a letter saying i have to come for interview me and my Husband the sponser to see weather i meet the requirements to apply for pr

Pinklala

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Hi everyone i have been following this page , having question to you all who ever can help please , I apply my Pr in Jan 2017 after DN on sponsor side no update till this week they sent me a letter saying i have to come for interview me and my Husband the sponser to see weather i meet the requirements to apply for pr
Is that normal and i was ask to bring passport ,proof of address ,notes of assement from 2014 up to now

keihuynh

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
August 17th applicant and just got landing letter! Interview is scheduled for July 20th.

AIP letter on July 6th,
DM on ECAS July 7th,
SA letter on July 9th
Landing Letter July 11th

Never got a DM letter, but everything happened in less than a week. So excited!!

Oh WOW!

Congratulations! Are you in Montreal btw?

I'm 15th August applicant.

Never got AIP!
DM on ECAS on 6th July
DM letter to inform the process is finished 6th July
SA letter on 9th July!!

NO FREAKING LANDING LETTER! :mad::mad::mad::D:D:D

RedGirl

Sep 28, 2017
Oh WOW!

Never got AIP!
DM on ECAS on 6th July
SA letter on 9th July!!

Thank you! I'm in Toronto so my interview is at the Etobicoke office. Landing letter may come for you today because I got it at 9:15am this morning. Fingers crossed for you, good luck!

Reactions: keihuynh

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Oh WOW!

Never got AIP!
DM on ECAS on 6th July
SA letter on 9th July!!

Have you used DM letter to get a health card?