+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

pamelag

Mar 21, 2018
Yay, landing interview today, it took us 5 minutes! right outside, I went to Canada Services and got my SIN number. So glad the wait is finally over! One thing I didnt know, was that the Confirmation of the PR has a watermark saying "Not valid for travel" not that I was planning on traveling outside Canada yet, but since they said the card takes up to 3 months to arrive, I thought you could!:rolleyes:
The interview was in Edmonton, Jun 12/2017 applicant. :)

Kozyrytka

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
Ontario
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
Doc's Request.
27-07-2017
AOR Received.
25-07-2017
Thank you for your Reply. I called IRCC and they said it's schedule A and backround check. But the thing is I didn't submit anything throught the Web form, even when I check view submitted documents there is nothing no name of documents.
I am inland applicant I sent my schedule A Via canada post and they received a long time ago in november 2017.
My backround check I went back home and get one and I submit it upfront with my application on september 2017.
On GCKEY my backround check shows:
- we are processing your backround check.
So I can not understand what is this additionnels documents they are talking about.
It's their system. Most likely they don't have any other message to display but they have to confirm that you do have those documents submitted in the system. Even though they weren't requested they are still additional documents. You shouldn't worry. Take it as your file started moving forward ;).

Reactions: Julia2018

Kozyrytka

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
Ontario
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
Doc's Request.
27-07-2017
AOR Received.
25-07-2017
toronto? because etobicoke is one of the busiest office so can take you a few weeks to receive the landing interview. let us know :)
Hello,

Yes, that's correct. I just received a letter scheduling my landing interview. 8 days after I received AIP. It was scheduled for July 2.

diamant10

Star Member
Jun 21, 2018
Alberta
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
21-06-2018
AOR Received.
02-08-2018
Inland Sponsorship Question:
I am a Canadian Citizen. My spouse is French (from Paris). We are in Calgary, Alberta
We applied today for PR & OWP and I overnighted the package. June 21, 2018
I included a OWP and fee.
he previously applied after ouR wedding for the OWP but was rejected because we hadn't done the PR.

We do have to go to our Reception in France in July on separate itineraries.

Are we still looking at 3-4 months for the OWP?
and 12 months for the PR?

im not concerned about the PR, but his French salary is ending in August
I'm really scared because I send the original France Criminal Record and Schedule "A" . We both did sports so we had extensive travel including potential risk countries (I got a attestation or letter from our sport organization acknowledging the travel and countries)

BUT the birth certificate I copied and the title of the original I had said copy of birth certificate (but it was original and sealed). does anyone know if this will be okay?

Last edited:

Julia2018

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
It's their system. Most likely they don't have any other message to display but they have to confirm that you do have those documents submitted in the system. Even though they weren't requested they are still additional documents. You shouldn't worry. Take it as your file started moving forward ;).
Thank you. It is so stresseful lol. When I called IRCC they said your backround check won take too long coz I lived only back home all my life and I came here and even here I did not stay more than 6 months . They said you ll get your décision made almost at 12 months mark. And about the backround check they said it depend too from your original country if they are fast to give us the informations quickly.
Good luck to us All . This my time line:
1- we received your application for permanent residency on september 20 2017.
2- AOR november 5 2017.
3-sent my schedule A on november 25 .they requested. My backround check I sent it upfront with my application.
4- your application is in progress we Will send you a message when we start review your eligibility.
5- medical exam passed (requested on april 2018 i did them the next day and 1 week later I passed ).
6- we are reviewing the additionnels documents that you provided.
7- no fingerprint
8- no interview.
9-we are processing your backround check.
Hope I ll get something in August lol.

Reactions: gabrielasqs

alexandroz

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
It's good to see many people get the interviews.

Anyone know What they usually ask during the interview?
You can find people sharing their experience in the previous pages, but (unless it's a relationship interview) it's usually only a few simple questions that you already answered in the forms (have you committed any crimes? do you have any dependents, etc.)

Reactions: Bugattii

Bugattii

Sep 7, 2017
You can find people sharing their experience in the previous pages, but (unless it's a relationship interview) it's usually only a few simple questions that you already answered in the forms (have you committed any crimes? do you have any dependents, etc.)
Thanks

Received the landing interview email yesterday. Finally, it's almost there.

I'm a July applicant.
Medical was done on April 2.

May 23, 2018
Hey guys!!
I received the letter today for the interview. (I am July 31, 2017 applicant).
I don't know if you guys are asked to bring your sponsor for the interview.
In the letter, they asked me to bring the call in letter, passport and 2 photos and current visa and proof of payment.
My fiancé did not receive this interview letter. he only received the Eligibility passed letter (2 days ago). is he going to receive another letter shortly??
or He does not need to come with me for the interview??
on their website (CIC), there is no updated yet. it shows that eligibility pass letter sent.
But on ECAS search, log in with sponsor's info. it says Decisions Made on both the applicant and sponsor sides.
Is it normal???
Please advise me!! :) I guess I am pretty close to get landing interview??