+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Gio1908

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Hi yes I applied for work permit along with the Pr file but I have not received yet. Yes u will get it for sure if u got AIP but by the way congrats u r done . Get ready for landing
Thank you!
Well I know nowadays that there is no point of applying for OWP if you are Out of status because they can only approve it after AIP, and that comes almost at the end of the whole sponsorship application process, but I just felt that I had to do it.

When did they ask u pcc ??
September 20th, 2017 They requested it with the Scedule A together.
You can see my timeline at my signature as well

Last edited:
Reactions: jeet07

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
Thank you!
Well I know nowadays that there is no point of applying for OWP if you are Out of status because they can only approve it after AIP, and that comes almost at the end of the whole sponsorship application process, but I just felt it that I had to do it.

September 20th, 2017 They requested it with the Scedule A together.
You can see my timeline at my signature as well
Oh ok actually I am not able to see u r timeline . It’s locked by privacy I guess . But that’s great that they r moving hopefully my turn will come soon and everyone else’s also . Good luck

Reactions: Gio1908

Gio1908

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Oh ok actually I am not able to see u r timeline . It’s locked by privacy I guess . But that’s great that they r moving hopefully my turn will come soon and everyone else’s also . Good luck
Oh really? I thought it was visible. I think I fixed it now.

Yes you just have to be patient.. The process is definitely faster than it used to be..that's for sure! I wish you good luck!

Reactions: jeet07

icelandicpie

Jun 22, 2017
July 17th applicant here. I received SA and AIP today. Medical was requested on March 28th and completed April 9th. I hope my end is near
Our timelines are very similar! I'm July 31st. Haven't heard anything since I passed the medical early April, no status updates either...

Mizzcari

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
I am July applicant and I am out of status and my background check is in process since December 1st, 2017.

Today got AIP/SA which means I can get the OWP cause I applied already with the sponsorship application.
Question @jeet07 and @Mizzcari . Did the approve your OWP ? (If u applied for one)
I did not apply for OWP as I was out of status

Mizzcari

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
The automated telephone system says they are reviewing whether I met the eligibility requirements. I received SA and AIP yesterday. How much longer do you guys think I have?

Gio1908

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Yes. And I wouldn't make sense for me to apply now. Not sure how much longer I have but I hope just a few more months
Yes, you are right. But I don't think is going to take that long. One month maximum. Usually files that are getting transferred to a local office (especially before AIP) for further assessment are taking much longer time.

Gio1908

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
The automated telephone system says they are reviewing whether I met the eligibility requirements. I received SA and AIP yesterday. How much longer do you guys think I have?
The automated telephone system always says the information and status of your application based on your MyCIC account. Mine says the same thing.
My AIP letter came with a message Eligibility Passed in MyCIC account. So, that means that you already passed the eligibility.

Mizzcari

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
The automated telephone system always says the information and status of your application based on your MyCIC account. Mine says the same thing.
My AIP letter came with a message Eligibility Passed in MyCIC account. So, that means that you already passed the eligibility.
Oh I see. When do you think we should get DM. When I logged in to see my status online my husband's side still says Application Received and mine says In Process. That hasn't been updated as yet.

Gio1908

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Oh I see. When do you think we should get DM. When I logged in to see my status online my husband's side still says Application Received and mine says In Process. That hasn't been updated as yet.

We have the same messages on eCAS as well. I wouldn't worry the process is almost done. It won't take more than a month.. I would give it a week or two. Let's see, good luck and keep us updated.