+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
Yes I’m August 2017 and my sponsor received SA together with the CSQ back in September 2017! Beginning of October I already had my CSQ in hands!
Inland or Outland? Outland is meant to be SA pretty quick, everyone here says inlands wont get SA until near the end of the (12 month) process.

Missnana

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
I called immigration today (It's been a year since they have received my app) and I asked about it. They said that the SA letter was sent back in April 2017. I have a representative who also didn't get the letter, however when they requested my Police certificate and Schedule A there was also a line saying that I should apply for a CSQ asap (document request for Quebec habitants) until MAY 2017 - my representative NEVER TOLD ME ABOUT IT. I could have called and asked for a second copy of it, instead she told me that I should wait... so I trusted her. Now my application is delayed. Immigration contact me again in regards of the CSQ a couple weeks ago and that's how I realized what happened. They said that's the only thing missing from my application for a final decision! This request takes 25 days according to the Quebec website. So now I get 25 more days of waiting for something that could be done already. It pisses me off because I paid a very good amount of money for this woman.

Anyways... I suggest you (and anybody who's is waiting for the SA more than 3 months) to call them and check why you didn't get the SA yet, maybe they sent it to you and you never got it like me.
After how many months are you suppose to get SA

Coridel

Oct 24, 2017
I received my OWP in the mail on Wednesday. I scooted down to Services Canada and had a SIN within 15 minutes!

It looks like wrong-fee-paid OWP applications are taking just under three months from the date Vegreville receives it. It is taking less than a week between the approval email and the physical mail arriving at your door.

I struggled to link my OWP and only managed it by eventually calling CIC. It turns out that CIC did not capture my passport number on my OWP application, so the trick was to use the city of birth exactly as I had entered it on my application (which was City, State and not City). For anyone struggling to link an OWP application, try not using the passport #.

PR App Rec'd: 10-Oct-2017
AOR: 05-Dec-2017
OWP App Rec'd: 18-Dec-2017 (2nd time - wrong fee)
OWP approved: 9-Mar-2018
OWP received: 14-Mar-2018

Good luck to everyone still waiting on their OWPs!

futurepr

Star Member
Feb 22, 2018
It's a mystery lol. Some people get DM without hearing about SA/AIP (someone just started a thread about it!)
It might be okay for other provinces to get a DM without a SA, however in Quebec we MUST receive it otherwise we can’t apply for the CSQ and without the CSQ (provincial approval) they (federal) can’t make a decision or they could even refuse the application. This scared me as fu**

I also thought this wait was normal since a lot of people have it at the end but for Quebec applicants this is a real important step.

Thankfully everything is sent now, hopefully Quebec won’t take long and I will be over with it!

Last edited:
Reactions: Oldmacwright

hidra

May 1, 2017
It's a mystery lol. Some people get DM without hearing about SA/AIP (someone just started a thread about it!)
You are probably talking about me! I did send/receive the CSQ in quebec, I didnt know that the letter I received back then was SA.
So it look like I already received SA, before DM, sorry if it caused any confusion!

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
You are probably talking about me! I did send/receive the CSQ in quebec, I didnt know that the letter I received back then was SA.
So it look like I already received SA, before DM, sorry if it caused any confusion!
Oh ok, I was, but I have read here it can happen, people hear nothing then get DM out of the blue. The whole process is confusing with lack of updates , more so with provincial variations!

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
My spouse received his medical request just this morning. Our app was received by CIC on June 1, 2017..... hopefully some more June applicants will be receiving their medical request soon
Yay, finally some movement, hope to see dozens of these posts now (we are August and waiting of course). Did he get an email about it?

Reactions: Ravs1988