+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Discussion in 'Family Class Sponsorship' started by mcrystald, Jan 11, 2017.

1. did you also apply inland with owp?

2. Hi,
    Lol...I’m praying for our OWP next ;) From what I understand, the medical request. It’s a bit of a relief to see something happening :)

HomeAgain17 likes this.
  3. Yes we’re still waiting for our OWP... that’s top priority for us, the rest isn’t a big deal. Is it normal to have background check now? I submitted Sep 5.

Shannonbella likes this.
  4. Yes, from what I’ve seen. I submitted August 8th and mine starting processing about a month ago. My OWP application recently changed to “We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

eduardo.arellano and HomeAgain17 like this.
  5. Hello!
    I sent my PR + OWP in Oct 2017 and it was received on Oct 20th 2017. With my application package, I sent a medical exam that was about to expire (it expired on Nov 16th 2017).
    In my online account, my PR application shows that I passed the medical exam. However, my concern is my OWP (online it shows the usual "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.") because I have intentions of working in the health field. Should I do another medical exam upfront and send now?

6. I had an email saying OWP approved and in the post (contact us if not received within 6 weeks) on 5th Jan (I'm Oct 4th applicant) but nothing in the post yet!

HomeAgain17 likes this.
  7. Look at background or eligibility and see if its updated.

8. Sorry this was dealt with. Ignore it.

9. I don't get why people like to send things they don't ask for and complicate everything and potentially delay everybody else. Do what they ask. If they don't ask, don't do it. Upfront medical doesn't speed up your application. It can delay it.

10. When was your OWP submitted?

11. October 17th :)

eduardo.arellano and HomeAgain17 like this.
  12. mine was submitted/received in October 5th and still says "We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility." :( i really dont know whats the criteria or the order to review submitted applications :(

Yakuza_princess likes this.
  13. Thank you so much for your helpful answer and I hope I didn't disturb your day.
    Now, for those who really care:
    I called CIC and they recommended me to do a medical exam upfront and just add it to my work application through the Webform. Otherwise, the Open permit that I will receive will be limited and I won't be able to work in the health field, and I will need to send a new application to change the conditions of my Open work permit. I read other forums as well and It sounds about right.

Baharm, Will_PA and wirycross89 like this.
  14. Hi I'm sorry to hear that but I thought application takes atleast 2 months to be returned?

15. Hi, My wife is 4 month pregnant and doesn't have OHIP. Can you please provide more information. Thanks a lot!!