App. Filed.......
Feb 24, 2017
AOR Received.
March 7, 2017
Med's Request
June 8, 2017
Med's Done....
June 12, 2017
Hi everyone, I submitted our application in Feb, 2017 to sponsor my husband in Canada. Did police clearance in March, 2017 and medical in June, 2017. To date we haven't had any response from cic. When we call, they are still saying doing back ground check. Has anyone encountered this? We've contacted the MP office, same thing they were told. I already requested ATIP and we've also contacted our local MPP. It's becoming frustrated :(

Our online portal says
1. We received your application for permanent residence on February 24, 2017.

2. We sent you correspondence on March 14, 2017.If you have not yet provided the information
or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

3. Medical results have been received

Lizann

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
Hello All:)

Took DariaZ's advice and sent an email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca as we hadn't gotten any response even after the call center agent sent an email off to the Ottawa office and within five minutes of sending the email we received the landing appointment for hubby for Monday Nov 5.!!:)

The email said we were to bring any dependents included in the application - our son is already a permanent resident as we both moved up a few years ago - he was listed as a dependent as the forms noted that all dependents were to be listed and their status in Canada noted.

Do you think we need to take him ? Something tells me we don't need to...but should to be on the safe side ….your thoughts would be appreciated.:)

Now that my husbands file is in the final stretch and my parents have landed I think I will now start my citizenship journey for myself and our son.

Angeleyes101 - the background checks can take sometime so hold the faith!!!

Will provide an update after Monday and extend best wishes to all. Patience is key:)

Last edited:

DariaZ

Star Member
Apr 21, 2018
Hello All:)

Took DariaZ's advice and sent an email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca as we hadn't gotten any response even after the call center agent sent an email off to the Ottawa office and within five minutes of sending the email we received the landing appointment for hubby for Monday Nov 5.!!:)

The email said we were to bring any dependents included in the application - our son is already a permanent resident as we both moved up a few years ago - he was listed as a dependent as the forms noted that all dependents were to be listed and their status in Canada noted.

Do you think we need to take him ? Something tells me we don't need to...but should to be on the safe side ….your thoughts would be appreciated.:)

Now that my husbands file is in the final stretch and my parents have landed I think I will now start my citizenship journey for myself and our son.

Angeleyes101 - the background checks can take sometime so hold the faith!!!

Will provide an update after Monday and extend best wishes to all. Patience is key:)
I am glad you have finally heard from the Ottawa Office!

I recieved my PR on Monday. It was very easy for me, the officer congratulated me, asked 3 questions, explained my rights and obligations as a permanent resident. I had to sign some papers and was done! However, while we were vaiting one couple had hard time proving that they lived together. So my advice is to bring what CIC asks and a little bit more.

Thank you everyone on this forum for your help and support! Good luck everyone who is still waiting!

Lizann

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
I am glad you have finally heard from the Ottawa Office!

I recieved my PR on Monday. It was very easy for me, the officer congratulated me, asked 3 questions, explained my rights and obligations as a permanent resident. I had to sign some papers and was done! However, while we were vaiting one couple had hard time proving that they lived together. So my advice is to bring what CIC asks and a little bit more.

Thank you everyone on this forum for your help and support! Good luck everyone who is still waiting!
Congrats!!
Were taking the lease, insurance, gas bill bank statements lol as much as we can. Also spoke with the call ctr and they advised our son did not need to go.

Will update later. Congrats again..and remember patience is key to all waiting.

Lizann

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
Hi All -

My hubby was finalized at the Ottawa office yesterday marking the end of the 2 year journey to Permanent Residency.:)

We arrived at the office for 6:00am - we wanted to beat the Ottawa traffic and ensure we had parking which was a smart call on our part - we walked to a nearby coffee shop and had coffees and relaxed before walking over to the office at 8:00. The doors opened at 8:05 - our appointment was for 8:30.

No sooner than we had sat down they called my husbands name - we went up they asked for a copy of our drivers licenses - they checked to make sure the addresses were the same as proof we lived at the same address - didn't ask us for any other proof even though I had tones to be safe - she then asked if I was prepared to be responsible for the next three years - asked him if he's ever been refused entry, if he had any other dependents other than our son, if he had any criminal convictions and when he answered no to all - she asked him to sign his COPR, stamped it and then said congratulations - you're now a permanent resident!

We were back in the car literally at 8:31!! We were seen before our appointment time and done within less than 5 minutes.

Patience is key - best wishes to all waiting!!:)

Reactions: sylvain1

Tipsywit63

Mar 27, 2018
Montréal
App. Filed.......
05-12-2016
AOR Received.
13-01-2017
Med's Request
14-11-2017
Med's Done....
04-12-2017
Just an update: I am still waiting for my background check to finish. Tomorrow will mark 24 months since IRCC received my application for inland spousal sponsorship (original wait time was 26 months). Really hoping we can start pushing them to wrap it up soon.

My Timeline
App Received - Dec 5, 2016
AOR - Jan 13, 2017
CSQ App Received - Jan 19, 2017
CSQ Approved - Mar 14, 2017
OWP - Aug 11, 2017
Med Request - Nov 14, 2017
Med Exam - Dec 4, 2017
SA - Oct 1, 2018
AIP - Sept 27, 2018

Right now I'm just hoping that they will make an exemption so that I don't have to redo the medical exam...

Lizann

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
Just an update: I am still waiting for my background check to finish. Tomorrow will mark 24 months since IRCC received my application for inland spousal sponsorship (original wait time was 26 months). Really hoping we can start pushing them to wrap it up soon.

My Timeline
AOR - Jan 13, 2017
OWP - Aug 11, 2017
Med Exam - Dec 4, 2017
SA - Oct 1, 2018
AIP - Sept 27, 2018

Right now I'm just hoping that they will make an exemption so that I don't have to redo the medical exam...
Know its hard but patience is key - you've come a long way and the end is in sight! My hubby was impatient towards the end but at least he was able to work the entire time thanks to his OWP.and kept him occupied. He is also still in his job and got promoted recently too!

Tipsywit63

Mar 27, 2018
Montréal
App. Filed.......
05-12-2016
AOR Received.
13-01-2017
Med's Request
14-11-2017
Med's Done....
04-12-2017
Know its hard but patience is key - you've come a long way and the end is in sight! My hubby was impatient towards the end but at least he was able to work the entire time thanks to his OWP.and kept him occupied. He is also still in his job and got promoted recently too!
Thanks for your encouragement. Thankfully, I have been able to work as well. In fact, where I am in the process, I have ID, a bank account, a job, and RAMQ (health insurance) card. It's just the uncertainty until I get DM that stresses me out from time to time!

Sagekobby

Star Member
Jun 25, 2017
Finally landed today at Niagara falls.
It's been a home stretch but hey it has ended in praise and joy
Timeline
Application Sub... Dec 1 2016
AOR. Dec 20 2016
Add. Doc Request... April 11 2017
Medical Request.. Nov 11 2017
SA. Sep 26 2018
File Transfered to Etobicoke for further assessment Sep 27 2018
AIP .. Nov 28 2018
Decision made Applicant.. Dec 11 2018
Landing Interview.. Dec 17 2018
Thanks for your inputs

Reactions: ForeverYou

Tipsywit63

Mar 27, 2018
Montréal
App. Filed.......
05-12-2016
AOR Received.
13-01-2017
Med's Request
14-11-2017
Med's Done....
04-12-2017
AAAAND... finally: today, 27 months and 27 days after my application was received, I received confirmation of decision made! Either that or a cruel April fool's joke from my lawyer...

My Timeline
AOR - Jan 13, 2017
OWP - Aug 11, 2017
Med Exam - Dec 4, 2017
SA - Oct 1, 2018
AIP - Sept 27, 2018
DM - April 1, 2019

We were instructed to go to the IRCC office within the next 30 days to receive the confirmation of permanent residence and then apply for a PR card. Very excited to be able to close out my frustrated posts in this thread with good news.

Reactions: MEHRANTEHRAN

PatwaBobby

Star Member
Mar 7, 2019
So, guess who is working from home today, because the ridiculous gas company cannot make an appoint for anything other than "all day access from 8am - 9pm"... like, what the hell is that??

On a side note: naps.
i hate that, did that twice for a pest control, no use in the end first time she left in 2 min when we asked for 2 min to go out. and I work from home currently :D

father of the year

Star Member
Apr 30, 2017
Visa Office......
montreal
App. Filed.......
29-01-2016
AOR Received.
23-03-2016
Med's Request
13-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Interview........
07-09-2017
Passport Req..
13-03-2017
i was here back in 2016-17 asking and giving advice while processing my pr and thanks to all and wish the best for one and all. on September 7 will be 2 years since im a permanent resident. i went from visitor to out of status prior to becoming a pr. so fair to say that no days were counted towards citizenship, my question today is;
im looking forward to applying for a citizenship as soon as its possible. since becoming a pr i have not traveled out of the country...not even the city. in 2 days will be 730 days since pr. does anyone know when it will be possible for me to be able to apply for citizenship?
your input is appreciated.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
i was here back in 2016-17 asking and giving advice while processing my pr and thanks to all and wish the best for one and all. on September 7 will be 2 years since im a permanent resident. i went from visitor to out of status prior to becoming a pr. so fair to say that no days were counted towards citizenship, my question today is;
im looking forward to applying for a citizenship as soon as its possible. since becoming a pr i have not traveled out of the country...not even the city. in 2 days will be 730 days since pr. does anyone know when it will be possible for me to be able to apply for citizenship?
your input is appreciated.
the minimum is 1095 days (3 full years). But your time as a visitor counts (each day as half a day, max 365 days can be counted prior to PR). So, if you had 6 months of legal visitor status within the last five years, they would count as 3 months for the citizenship application.
You can use the online CIC calculator to know exactly when you will become eligible: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/resCalcStartNew.do?&lang=en

father of the year

Star Member
Apr 30, 2017
Visa Office......
montreal
App. Filed.......
29-01-2016
AOR Received.
23-03-2016
Med's Request
13-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Interview........
07-09-2017
Passport Req..
13-03-2017
the minimum is 1095 days (3 full years). But your time as a visitor counts (each day as half a day, max 365 days can be counted prior to PR). So, if you had 6 months of legal visitor status within the last five years, they would count as 3 months for the citizenship application.
You can use the online CIC calculator to know exactly when you will become eligible: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/resCalcStartNew.do?&lang=en
Cool thanks
I guess 1 more year to go then