+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

mohamednbil179

Star Member
Feb 16, 2017
Hi guys,

I just wanted to share this with you all. I have been following this thread for a long time, even though I have not been posting. This forum has been a great source of information and and encouragement for me. Thank you and good luck to everyone.

This is part of a letter I received today:

Dear Client,

We are pleased to inform you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an
interview that is scheduled for 8:00 AM on August 16, 2018. Your interview will be conducted at:
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada –Toronto (Etobicoke)
(Citizenship and Immigration Canada on official signs
5353 Dundas Street West, Etobicoke, ON M9B 6K5
Suite 100, Ground Floor; also accessible via 5343 Dundas Street West.

This is what is still showing online when i check my application status, they have not updated it:

Citizenship and Immigration Canada
On-Line Services
FAQ | Security
Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on December 5, 2016.
  2. We started processing your application on June 25, 2018.
  3. Medical results have been received.
  4. We sent you correspondence on June 25, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

.I submitted medical and police record upfront.
congrats . did u get it in cic account or in uremail

Reactions: Snigs

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hi guys,

I just wanted to share this with you all. I have been following this thread for a long time, even though I have not been posting. This forum has been a great source of information and and encouragement for me. Thank you and good luck to everyone.

This is part of a letter I received today:

Dear Client,

We are pleased to inform you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an
interview that is scheduled for 8:00 AM on August 16, 2018. Your interview will be conducted at:
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada –Toronto (Etobicoke)
(Citizenship and Immigration Canada on official signs
5353 Dundas Street West, Etobicoke, ON M9B 6K5
Suite 100, Ground Floor; also accessible via 5343 Dundas Street West.

This is what is still showing online when i check my application status, they have not updated it:

Citizenship and Immigration Canada
On-Line Services
FAQ | Security
Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on December 5, 2016.
  2. We started processing your application on June 25, 2018.
  3. Medical results have been received.
  4. We sent you correspondence on June 25, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

.I submitted medical and police record upfront.
Congratulations, don't worry about any updates, it will be updated after you land. On August 16th, you'll officially become a PR!

Reactions: Snigs

DJ_Brazil

Sep 19, 2016
Hi folks. Has anyone contacted Cic by webform? I did 3 weeks ago but no answer yet. It has been 7 months waiting for DM. It’s very frustrating! Thanks all

helix

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
App. Filed.......
Inland Sponsorship - Dec 2, 2016
Med's Request
November 2017
Hi folks. Has anyone contacted Cic by webform? I did 3 weeks ago but no answer yet. It has been 7 months waiting for DM. It’s very frustrating! Thanks all
I had submitted a web form 2 weeks back, no response so far. Did you try calling CIC?

Lizann

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
Sharing for what its worth...

I have always been one for patience when dealing with Immigration matters but there is a time when you have to evaluate patience vs complacency with the current state of things and see if more action is required.

I spent an hour on hold with the call center today and then explained my concerns and that inspite of doing all we are to do and are past processing times we had yet to receive any word on our file.

I was advised after careful review of my file that they are sending a message to the Mississauga office as the file is past processing times and that there is nothing to say there is an issue and so they need to update the file for it to progress as my husband sent his updated p.p. as requested as well as his RCMP prints in May and no word to date.

I was told to give them 2 weeks and call back if we haven't heard anything - here's hoping .....

Reactions: helix

helix

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
November 2017
I did send an inquiry through the web form, will let you know if I receive a reply.
I received a reply to my web form query today. Here’s what they said:

“Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that we will communicate with you once a decision is taken.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.”

Guess there is nothing much to do but wait...

DJ_Brazil

Sep 19, 2016
I received a reply to my web form query today. Here’s what they said:

“Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that we will communicate with you once a decision is taken.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.”

Guess there is nothing much to do but wait...
I got exactly the same email. When you call cic tells you the same “your application is still in process and processing time 26 months.

helix

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
November 2017
The 'Permanent Residence Application Status' inside ECAS turned to 'in process' from 'application received' on April 25th 2018. The last time, I spoke with a call centre official, he told me that the background check is causing the delay and that I should hear back by end of September 2018. Apparently CIC has a set timeline within which they should ideally finish the last background check. Between September and April, I am assuming that this timeline is 5 months.

Is someone else waiting more than 5 months for a DM since their 'Permanent Residence Application Status' turned to 'in process'?

Reactions: Tipsywit63

JB0405

Star Member
Jun 19, 2012
The 'Permanent Residence Application Status' inside ECAS turned to 'in process' from 'application received' on April 25th 2018. The last time, I spoke with a call centre official, he told me that the background check is causing the delay and that I should hear back by end of September 2018. Apparently CIC has a set timeline within which they should ideally finish the last background check. Between September and April, I am assuming that this timeline is 5 months.

Is someone else waiting more than 5 months for a DM since their 'Permanent Residence Application Status' turned to 'in process'?
I sponsored my wife. We applied in December 2016. Her status changed from 'Application Received' to 'In Process' in May and she was asked to submit her Fingerprints soon after that. No updates from IRCC since then. I contacted my MP last week and they did a follow-up with IRCC on my behalf. As per the MP, they are still waiting to complete the 'Security and Background' checks and they also mentioned that they are doing their best to finalize all the pending 2016 applicants in the coming months. So fingers crossed!

Lizann

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
Hello all... timeline and wait similar to those still waiting from Nov/Dec 2016 ...just logged on to my Ecas and see both sides saying decision made but havent had word from CIC. Check your Ecas for updates

Will keep you posted ..Excited and nervous:)

Last edited:

helix

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
November 2017
Hello all... timeline and wait similar to those still waiting from Nov/Dec 2016 ...just logged on to my Ecas and see both sides saying decision made but havent had word from CIC. Check your Ecas for updates

Will keep you posted ..Excited and nervous:)
Good to hear some movement. When did your “Permanent Residence Application Status” inside ECAS turned to “In Process”?

Last edited:

Lizann

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
Good to hear some movement. When did your “Permanent Residence Application Status” inside ECAS turned to “In Process”?
It changed to in process in May - both sides have said in process since May and we were asked to submit RCMP prints and updated pp at that time-no movement since that time - but now both sides have DM and may have changed between Thursday and Today...

Reactions: helix