IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
In Canada you have to show cohabitation. So, you need to provide a Canadian address that you 'share'. So, if you have a tax return that shows the address that she lives at, that could be used to argue that's where you will be living.

Literally, you have to prove where you both are ( or are going to live ) living in Canada. Photos will go to prove you have a relationship -- but they explicitly asked for cohab evidence.

I would also be authoring a letter to go along with your submission, to explain that you have been working overseas and you plan to return. You need to provide a return plan, so they will overlook the discrepancy.

gabrielasqs

Sep 26, 2017
Thanks profiler for your quick reply!
The problem is that I'm not her current rental lease nor we have any joint bank accounts (we should have thought about it beforehand). However, we visit each other almost every month and have pictures, air tickets etc. Will these be enough?
I am concerned that we don't have genuine proof of cohabitation, because we don't currently live together. But we can provide other documentations to show that our marital relationship is still valid and ongoing.
Did you apply inland and you guys don't live together plus you don't live in canada ?! Plus you don't have proofs of cohabitation? That can be a few red flags on the eyes of ircc.. to apply inland both of you must be remain in canada,otherwise outland would have been the way to do,but even outland the sponsor has to show the intention of coming back to canada.. you gotta show more "heavy" proofs than only photos. They are for sure trying to understand why you have applied inland if the sponsor is not even here?! maybe write a letter explain why you had to leave canada would help too..

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I am September 2016 applicant. I received today my landing appointment for confirmation of permanent residence by email . I never received SA or AIP and my ecas still showing in process
They just finished it. It will update to DM in ECAS tomorrow.

DariaZ

Star Member
Apr 21, 2018
Are there any late November/early December 2016 applicants left that still have PR Application status Application Received?

jrseee

Star Member
Jan 11, 2010
Did you apply inland and you guys don't live together plus you don't live in canada ?! Plus you don't have proofs of cohabitation? That can be a few red flags on the eyes of ircc.. to apply inland both of you must be remain in canada,otherwise outland would have been the way to do,but even outland the sponsor has to show the intention of coming back to canada.. you gotta show more "heavy" proofs than only photos. They are for sure trying to understand why you have applied inland if the sponsor is not even here?! maybe write a letter explain why you had to leave canada would help too..
Hi profiler, thanks for your concern.
Yes, we applied inland because the plan that time (Nov'16) was to live and work in Canada. I took up my job late last year. They did not ask me, but my wife to provide proof of relationship/cohabitation. They asked me to provide employment letter and tax info.

This what I got from canada.ca website for inland application:
  • If you’re a Canadian citizen living outside Canada, you must show that you plan to live in Canada when your sponsored relative becomes a permanent resident.
I guess now the burden for me is to show that I will be returning to Canada once she becomes a PR (which is actually my plan). I am thinking to show that I still maintain my bank accounts/credit cards from Canada and often visit my wife (with airline tickets). Any other things you suggest?

rhapsodyy

Apr 18, 2017
Are there any late November/early December 2016 applicants left that still have PR Application status Application Received?
Sponsor side is Application Received for us, Applicant side is In Progress. Ordered the GCMS notes about sponsor side and it basically just said they hadn't even started it yet.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi profiler, thanks for your concern.
Yes, we applied inland because the plan that time (Nov'16) was to live and work in Canada. I took up my job late last year. They did not ask me, but my wife to provide proof of relationship/cohabitation. They asked me to provide employment letter and tax info.

This what I got from canada.ca website for inland application:
  • If you’re a Canadian citizen living outside Canada, you must show that you plan to live in Canada when your sponsored relative becomes a permanent resident.
I guess now the burden for me is to show that I will be returning to Canada once she becomes a PR (which is actually my plan). I am thinking to show that I still maintain my bank accounts/credit cards from Canada and often visit my wife (with airline tickets). Any other things you suggest?
Isn't that what I said? Write a letter outlining your plan to return. Explain you plan to live at the address where your wife lives. Include her lease, and whatever you can with that address. Explain your employment plan, etc.

That is all you really need.

DariaZ

Star Member
Apr 21, 2018
Sponsor side is Application Received for us, Applicant side is In Progress. Ordered the GCMS notes about sponsor side and it basically just said they hadn't even started it yet.
I don't understand why they haven't started your sponsor side yet when people from July 2017 got DM already. That seems so unfair. Just because we applied right before December 7th now we are basically at the end of the line. I don't understand how an application from Dec 2/16 can take longer than an application from Jan 2/17 (assuming that both applications have no issues).

I called them a couple of times and was told that they are doing a background check. When did you receive the notes?

Reactions: helix

DariaZ

Star Member
Apr 21, 2018
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/requests-information-act.html

You want to make a request under the Privacy act. Have the sponsor "make" the request. And the PA fills out and signs the IMM 5744 consent for CIC to release the personal info to the sponsor. That way, it's free.

It is the case notes from the computer database that CIC uses for everything. GCMS is used by CIC and CBSA.
Would Privacy Act give us enough information about our application? I read a brief explanation and it sounds that Privacy Act just gives personal information, not really what is going on with the application.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Would Privacy Act give us enough information about our application? I read a brief explanation and it sounds that Privacy Act just gives personal information, not really what is going on with the application.
It's exactly the same -- except because the foreign national (PA) lives in Canada, they are allowed to apply under Privacy Act (free). ATIP/PA are identical if you include the consent form, it will show all information.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/request-privacy-act.html

helix

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
App. Filed.......
Inland Sponsorship - Dec 2, 2016
Med's Request
November 2017
I don't understand why they haven't started your sponsor side yet when people from July 2017 got DM already. That seems so unfair. Just because we applied right before December 7th now we are basically at the end of the line. I don't understand how an application from Dec 2/16 can take longer than an application from Jan 2/17 (assuming that both applications have no issues).

I called them a couple of times and was told that they are doing a background check. When did you receive the notes?
I wish I had cancelled my application and re-submitted 5 days later on Dec 7th, 2016.