+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

snowcat0116

Mar 29, 2018
Hello,

First, sorry I had to post this in this thread again and along with one in main post.
It is because my passport will expire at the end of this year but I will not be able to renew my passport without PR.
I am from South Korea and currently going through a PR under spouse sponsorship category Inland.

CIC received my application for permanent residence on September 16, 2016
They sent my wife Spousal Approval on September 20, 2017
I got AIP on September 21, 2017.
Then, later on December 5, 2017, CIC requested PCC from US because I lived there for more than 6 months after 18. So, I sent the FBI background check request next day and they just adapted faster e-check system and I got the background check on March 2, 2018 and sent to CIC right away.

Sponsorship Application : Decision Made
Status Permanent Residence Application Status : Application Received

Sponsorship

1. We received your application to sponsor XXXXXXXXX on September 16, 2016.
  2. We started processing your application on October 20, 2016.
  3. We sent you correspondence on September 21, 2017 about the decision on your application.
Permanent Residence
  1. We received XXXXXXXXX's application for permanent residence on September 16, 2016.
  2. Medical results have been received.
  3. We sent XXXXXXXXX correspondence on December 5, 2017. If XXXXXXXXX has not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please have XXXXXXXXX do so as soon as possible. Please wait until XXXXXXXXX receives the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

a. Does anyone know what stage am I at now? and what will be next?
b. e-case and my cic account shows in process, with now updates with my FBI background check to CIC Mississauga office?
c. Would it take very long before hearing DM from CIC?

WOLFHAWK

Feb 8, 2017
From FLORIDA IN Ontario Ca
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-MISS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
19-03-2017
in our cic account its now : IN do you know whats the next step ? its a good sign ?

Mine also says In Process and on my wifes whio is my sponsor hers also says in Process for her app to sponsor me,,, thay have been that way for months lol I guess IN Process is better then a Rejected lol

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hello,

First, sorry I had to post this in this thread again and along with one in main post.
It is because my passport will expire at the end of this year but I will not be able to renew my passport without PR.
I am from South Korea and currently going through a PR under spouse sponsorship category Inland.

CIC received my application for permanent residence on September 16, 2016
They sent my wife Spousal Approval on September 20, 2017
I got AIP on September 21, 2017.
Then, later on December 5, 2017, CIC requested PCC from US because I lived there for more than 6 months after 18. So, I sent the FBI background check request next day and they just adapted faster e-check system and I got the background check on March 2, 2018 and sent to CIC right away.

Sponsorship

1. We received your application to sponsor XXXXXXXXX on September 16, 2016.
  2. We started processing your application on October 20, 2016.
  3. We sent you correspondence on September 21, 2017 about the decision on your application.
Permanent Residence

• We received XXXXXXXXX's application for permanent residence on September 16, 2016.
    • Medical results have been received.
    • We sent XXXXXXXXX correspondence on December 5, 2017. If XXXXXXXXX has not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please have XXXXXXXXX do so as soon as possible. Please wait until XXXXXXXXX receives the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
a. Does anyone know what stage am I at now? and what will be next?
b. e-case and my cic account shows in process, with now updates with my FBI background check to CIC Mississauga office?
c. Would it take very long before hearing DM from CIC?
Please don't cross post. Please pick either here or a new thread. But not both.

A) if ECAS says Application Received: they have not yet begun AIP and are in Stage 1. If it says In Progress, you have likely passed AIP, and are in Stage 2. Remember, I said ECAS and not myCIC.

B) I'm confused. Just tell me ECAS only please.

C) Yup it can be. It can take 3-6 months, as the Security Checks are delayed.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
in our cic account its now : IN PROCESS do you know whats the next step ? its a good sign ?
ECAS or MyCIC. Two different systems. Two very different levels of quality. Tell me what ECAS says for both sides (login as sponsor).

snowcat0116

Mar 29, 2018
Sorry, I won't double post in the future.
So, from my spouse's ECAS,

But also I received an email regarding AIP. and I called CIC today and the agent told me the only thing left to be confirmed is criminal check. is that different from security check?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Sorry, I won't double post in the future.
So, from my spouse's ECAS,

But also I received an email regarding AIP. and I called CIC today and the agent told me the only thing left to be confirmed is criminal check. is that different from security check?
The problem with cross posts is people invest time to answer in both threads.

It is an odd message from them, considering the state. Check ECAS tomorrow morning for a DM. Criminality is not the same as security. Criminality usually only takes a day or two...less than a week. Security can take 3-6mos.

HGGSS

Mar 6, 2018
I received 2 emails today. I want to share my timeline for those who are still waiting:
Application send November 22/16
Application received December 19/16
PCC request April 11/16
SA FEB 28/18
AIP APRIL 6/18
DECISION MADE APRIL 6/18

BEST OF LUCK TO ALL OF YOU STILL WAITING. YOU ARE ALMOST THERE.

goteborg

Mar 6, 2018
whats the diff between my cic and ecas ?

thanks

It is an odd message from them, considering the state. Check ECAS tomorrow morning for a DM. Criminality is not the same as security. Criminality usually only takes a day or two...less than a week. Security can take 3-6mos.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I received 2 emails today. I want to share my timeline for those who are still waiting:
Application send November 22/16
Application received December 19/16
PCC request April 11/16
SA FEB 28/18
AIP APRIL 6/18
DECISION MADE APRIL 6/18

BEST OF LUCK TO ALL OF YOU STILL WAITING. YOU ARE ALMOST THERE.
Congrats!

Reactions: HGGSS

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

Gegebear

Oct 5, 2016
I applied for PR in Nov 2016. I passed the medical in Oct 2017. Now my work permit exp in May 2018. Since I work in a field where medical was always required for work permit, would I need to submit another medical for renewal of my work permit since it's showing I've passed the medical exam on my PR application? I called the call center and they could not even answer that question with confidence, put me on hold then came back and said,"I THINK you MAY....if it says you need then you need"She made it seem like the application process is personalized, when it's not, some questions and request don't alway pertain to everyone in the application process. I just hate when ppl play on words when you're looking for a 'yes' or 'no' answer. How many more x-rays must I undergo in this country again. My life/health will be shortened to none by the time I land. Student visa;X-ray, student work permit;X-ray; graduate work permit;X-ray, PR;X-ray. I haven't left this country in the eight yrs I've been here. If I have anything, must've got it right here in Canada.

Last edited:

goteborg

Mar 6, 2018

security check they are not processing this one since the beginning of the application?