Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

cantwaitanymore

Apr 3, 2018
If someone else has to be revalidated, because they've had to redo a medical, or get a new passport. That's wasted time in the process, no? I mean, that is a landing requirement, and having to validate twice just makes everyone behind that person wait longer, no? There is only 24h in a day, after all...

And, if you're the person, who has to wait twice for the same person?

$0.04!
I am not saying that there should not be any re-validation any sort or it is a waste of time. I totally understand there is just so little time in a day and some many applications to process. I guess I was under the impression that when it hits the decision made stage and the letter from CIC states that the application has completed, it should be pretty straight forward from there if nothing has changed. I mean in the end, the landing interview is to confirm again if anything has changed. Personally, i would rather not being told that a decision has been made and application has completed until i already have a schedule for landing. That's just me. :)

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I am not saying that there should not be any re-validation any sort or it is a waste of time. I totally understand there is just so little time in a day and some many applications to process. I guess I was under the impression that when it hits the decision made stage and the letter from CIC states that the application has completed, it should be pretty straight forward from there if nothing has changed. I mean in the end, the landing interview is to confirm again if anything has changed. Personally, i would rather not being told that a decision has been made and application has completed until i already have a schedule for landing. That's just me. :)
They want you to not worry about it. Many would like to know. I know waiting, especially at the end is terrible. But you can rest assured that you've been approved.

It isn't always the case. In my wife's case (landed at CIC-Kitchener) it was DM and within an hour from ECAS saying DM to the landing invite. Which was a week later. Thatis an office that isn't that busy, and they have made her redo her medical a week before.

Etobicoke, is a zoo. It is like an application highway...

cantwaitanymore

Apr 3, 2018
They want you to not worry about it. Many would like to know. I know waiting, especially at the end is terrible. But you can rest assured that you've been approved.

It isn't always the case. In my wife's case (landed at CIC-Kitchener) it was DM and within an hour from ECAS saying DM to the landing invite. Which was a week later. Thatis an office that isn't that busy, and they have made her redo her medical a week before.

Etobicoke, is a zoo. It is like an application highway...
Yeah. I have heard stories about Etobicoke. I would rather drive far out of the GTA area to do the landing if I am given the options.

The anxiety just kicks in more and more as it gets closer and closer to the end. I can already imagine how painful the wait is going to be when it comes to waiting for the PR card....

WOLFHAWK

Feb 8, 2017
From FLORIDA IN Ontario Ca
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-MISS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
19-03-2017
so you mean if you applied before end of 2016 its still 26 months ?
I think that's still under the old time line.. We applied Feb2017 and that's under the new 1 year time line,, but that's a joke, because they are a few months behind doing 2016 apps

Reactions: goteborg

WOLFHAWK

Feb 8, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-MISS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
19-03-2017
It's not 26 months. The official line, when every one applied was 26 months processing time. So, you cannot call to complain. But, realistically, they are still processing as fast as they can. It's Security checks that seems to be the delay recently (even for the last year it was this way).

I blame the Trumpugees. ROFLLLLLLLLL @ Trumpugees.. funny name

WOLFHAWK

Feb 8, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-MISS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
19-03-2017
no really ???!! when they say working on nov 2016 for the beginning of the files ?

ill guess that they are starting on Apps from Nov 2016....

we are waiting for their answers concerning the police background and we paid the last fee of rp card
I had to get my FBI prints and check done and RCMP done and I had to send the results to IRCC/CIC myself

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Yeah. I have heard stories about Etobicoke. I would rather drive far out of the GTA area to do the landing if I am given the options.

The anxiety just kicks in more and more as it gets closer and closer to the end. I can already imagine how painful the wait is going to be when it comes to waiting for the PR card....
In Canada, the COPR is enough. You get that at the interview. But sadly, the short time to the PR Card coming, you don't have any visas. You can get a PRTD, but it is more $$ and more wait...

And you only have to wait once for this. You can renew before the 5 years is up, and life is good...