Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

Andyjack

Jun 7, 2017
Hello, need some help on here.

I’ve been waiting for 21 months going 22 months now.
June, 2016 Applicant.
A0R: Sept, 2016
Medical request: March 1st, 2017
Schedule A Request: March 1st, 2017.
Initial assessment to ensure the sponsor meets the Eligibility criteria finalized July 6, 2017.
Assessment for applicant has been finalized July 14, 2017.

I had to wait a few months before I got another correspondence for police clearance certificate on October. 2017. I had to get police clearance from my home country and also did fingerprints. Anyways I got it all done and ready in 2-3 weeks. I submitted it on Nov 7, 2017
My representative uploaded to the web form, for some reason CIC didn’t get it after I got so worried and went to see the MP and she said the PCC isn’t on the system. So my representative had to mail it and upload it again and got the generic response and receipt. This happened in Jan 10, 2018.

I haven’t heard from cic since then, even some people say security and criminality is the hold up, which I can’t really say exactly when they started. It’s really frustrating having to wait this long. I know the time frame is 26 months, but other people are Landing in 12-14 months.. or maybe less than that.
So I’m not really sure what’s going on with my file or what to do.

I check mycic account everyday praying and hoping for a Landing letter, but nothing so far. I spoke to a CIC agents about twice cuz it’s hard to get a hold of someone or sometimes I use the self service option. I mean you will have to wait half an hr to 45 mins only to tell you what you already know, it sucks. Don’t know how much I can handle this long wait.
So pls any help on what I should be expecting would be much appreciated.
Also how long from now?

According to mycic account for permanent residence spousal sponsorship:

• We received your application for permanent residence on June 29, 2016.
  • We sent you correspondence on March 1, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  • Medical results have been received.
  • We sent you correspondence on October 18, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

cantwaitanymore

Apr 3, 2018
It is not a matter of precious or not. Everyone is. It is an effort to try to avoid slowing you down, because they have to revalidate the admissibility of the person they stuffed into the queue.
Just curious.. if the application already has decision made, meaning it has passed all criteria and admissibility, why do they revalidate that again when we have already waited for months and years to reach the DM stage? All the revalidate and re-re-revalidate should have been done before the DM stage and this just seems very inefficient and a replicate of work through different departments, especially when there is so much backlog. Just my 2 cents.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
b

time between you send your passport and you arrived ???' my god....
You don't send your passport inland. You go to a CIC office.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
my wife is waiting outside and I did the file with the missisiauaga office, is it in land or out land ?
What does your AOR say near the top?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hello, need some help on here.

I’ve been waiting for 21 months going 22 months now.
June, 2016 Applicant.
A0R: Sept, 2016
Medical request: March 1st, 2017
Schedule A Request: March 1st, 2017.
Initial assessment to ensure the sponsor meets the Eligibility criteria finalized July 6, 2017.
Assessment for applicant has been finalized July 14, 2017.

I had to wait a few months before I got another correspondence for police clearance certificate on October. 2017. I had to get police clearance from my home country and also did fingerprints. Anyways I got it all done and ready in 2-3 weeks. I submitted it on Nov 7, 2017
My representative uploaded to the web form, for some reason CIC didn’t get it after I got so worried and went to see the MP and she said the PCC isn’t on the system. So my representative had to mail it and upload it again and got the generic response and receipt. This happened in Jan 10, 2018.

I haven’t heard from cic since then, even some people say security and criminality is the hold up, which I can’t really say exactly when they started. It’s really frustrating having to wait this long. I know the time frame is 26 months, but other people are Landing in 12-14 months.. or maybe less than that.
So I’m not really sure what’s going on with my file or what to do.

I check mycic account everyday praying and hoping for a Landing letter, but nothing so far. I spoke to a CIC agents about twice cuz it’s hard to get a hold of someone or sometimes I use the self service option. I mean you will have to wait half an hr to 45 mins only to tell you what you already know, it sucks. Don’t know how much I can handle this long wait.
So pls any help on what I should be expecting would be much appreciated.
Also how long from now?

According to mycic account for permanent residence spousal sponsorship:

• We received your application for permanent residence on June 29, 2016.
  • We sent you correspondence on March 1, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  • Medical results have been received.
  • We sent you correspondence on October 18, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

What does ECAS say?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Just curious.. if the application already has decision made, meaning it has passed all criteria and admissibility, why do they revalidate that again when we have already waited for months and years to reach the DM stage? All the revalidate and re-re-revalidate should have been done before the DM stage and this just seems very inefficient and a replicate of work through different departments, especially when there is so much backlog. Just my 2 cents.
If someone else has to be revalidated, because they've had to redo a medical, or get a new passport. That's wasted time in the process, no? I mean, that is a landing requirement, and having to validate twice just makes everyone behind that person wait longer, no? There is only 24h in a day, after all...

And, if you're the person, who has to wait twice for the same person?

$0.04!

FAWEZANA

Sep 19, 2017
Hi,

Seems CIC is speeding up a bit.
My PR card application have been received on february 28, yesterday received an update throught MyCIC saying that it has been approved then I received the card on the mail today April 5th so took 36 days !!

I am totally done with this journey.
My best wishes for all that still waiting.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi,

Seems CIC is speeding up a bit.
My PR card application have been received on february 28 and I received the card on the mail today April 5th so 36 days !!

I am totally done with this journey.
My best wishes for all that still waiting.
Congrats!

Reactions: FAWEZANA