Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-16
AOR Received.
03-10-16
Good luck with the job hunting,, Ive been looking for over a year and no luck.. BUT i'm old and trying to enter a completely new line of work, Cant drive trucks up here due to cost of getting there version of the American CDL,,, I don't have 5 grand lol .. I actually had a guy tell me we wont hire anyone on a TWP, because there is no guarantee we will get PR status .. I see his point still it ticked me off.. Ok just stickin my nose in where I shouldn't lolol
Well winter is finished. When all the snow is cleared I am certain I will be able to see clearly. The jobs are out there n I will get one of MY choice.
Good luck on your hunt

WOLFHAWK

Feb 8, 2017
From FLORIDA IN Ontario Ca
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-MISS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
19-03-2017
Well winter is finished. When all the snow is cleared I am certain I will be able to see clearly. The jobs are out there n I will get one of MY choice.
Good luck on your hunt
I think my issue is being over 60 and trying to enter some kind of a new Employment field.. I drove Tractor trailers for over 40 years, Now I cant drive trucks up in Canada so trying to do a Carrier change is not working out very well .

Good Luck to you as well

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I think my issue is being over 60 and trying to enter some kind of a new Employment field.. I drove Tractor trailers for over 40 years, Now I cant drive trucks up in Canada so trying to do a Carrier change is not working out very well .

Good Luck to you as well
You can drive delivery truck ;) I think you can do that with a G-class Ontario license, as long as the vehicle is within the weight class and has hydraulic (not pneumatic) brakes ....

Reactions: WOLFHAWK

future_PR

Jun 14, 2017
Hi guys. I'm a Oct 2016 applicant and got AIP in January 2018, after that a huge silent as usual. I've called cic call centre but it was useless since the agent did not know anything else besides the information on my cic account (Background check in progress). Is it common to wait more than 2 months for DM? Police check clear, only lived in my home country (Brazil), why is it taking too long? I can't believe that I'm stuck again in this process. Thanks for your help.

sanoma36

Mar 21, 2017
Hello everybody! We're April 2016 applicants and just got landing today! It's been a long wait and finally we got it! They told us that PR card will come in mail in 2-2.5 months in secured envelope, does anyone know if that's something we'll have to go to receive at the post office and sign for it or it's just delivered directly to mailbox? Also if it really takes that long to get it? We are planning our long overdue Europe vacation once we get it!
Thanks! Good luck to everyone still waiting!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi guys. I'm a Oct 2016 applicant and got AIP in January 2018, after that a huge silent as usual. I've called cic call centre but it was useless since the agent did not know anything else besides the information on my cic account (Background check in progress). Is it common to wait more than 2 months for DM? Police check clear, only lived in my home country (Brazil), why is it taking too long? I can't believe that I'm stuck again in this process. Thanks for your help.
Up to 6 months actually. 3-6 is common. What usually slows this stage down is the Security check. That's run by an external agency(ies): Ordered by CBSA, completed by CSIS and their international intelligence partners. What can affect the time, is the number of countries you have visited, the duration of time you spent there, etc. It turns into more leads to follow.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hello everybody! We're April 2016 applicants and just got landing today! It's been a long wait and finally we got it! They told us that PR card will come in mail in 2-2.5 months in secured envelope, does anyone know if that's something we'll have to go to receive at the post office and sign for it or it's just delivered directly to mailbox? Also if it really takes that long to get it? We are planning our long overdue Europe vacation once we get it!
Thanks! Good luck to everyone still waiting!
Congrats. When my wife got her PR card, last year, it was delivered pretty much the day they estimated. It came in a white, windowed envelope, and was just dropped in the mail box. A "secured envelope" sounds like they might have changed the delivery process. So, I cannot comment. But, congrats just the same :).

beate1961

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Nov.24
AOR Received.
Dec. 10-17-016
Med's Request
01-11-2017
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
Yep, we are the ‘lucky’ ones. We applied the end of November. Can’t do anything but wait.

There are still a number of (primarily Sept-Oct-Nov-Dec) applicants waiting for DM. I am an early December applicant who has yet to receive SA-AIP-DM!

Tipsywit63

Mar 27, 2018
Montréal
App. Filed.......
05-12-2016
AOR Received.
13-01-2017
Med's Request
14-11-2017
Med's Done....
04-12-2017
Yep, we are the ‘lucky’ ones. We applied the end of November. Can’t do anything but wait.
It gets more and more frustrating to call for a status update and hear they are not processing applications received after Monday, November 21, 2016... for weeks and weeks on end.

But, I do remind myself how lucky I am to be living with my partner, in Canada, able to work and travel pretty freely with an OWP. Trying to see the glass as half full and hoping for some movement on our files soon!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
It gets more and more frustrating to call for a status update and hear they are not processing applications received after Monday, November 21, 2016... for weeks and weeks on end.

But, I do remind myself how lucky I am to be living with my partner, in Canada, able to work and travel pretty freely with an OWP. Trying to see the glass as half full and hoping for some movement on our files soon!
Imagine the process used to take 26 months!

I think what's happening is a combination of:
- Delays in Security screenings (still; overflow from asylum seekers/refugees and speeding up the PR process); CIC has no control here, as they are conducted by third-party agencies.
- Speeding up the process, meant there would be some overlap at the end of 2016, when they had to start processing Jan 2017s. So you're being processed at the same time as the March 2017's now.

Tipsywit63

Mar 27, 2018
Montréal
App. Filed.......
05-12-2016
AOR Received.
13-01-2017
Med's Request
14-11-2017
Med's Done....
04-12-2017
Imagine the process used to take 26 months!

I think what's happening is a combination of:
- Delays in Security screenings (still; overflow from asylum seekers/refugees and speeding up the PR process); CIC has no control here, as they are conducted by third-party agencies.
- Speeding up the process, meant there would be some overlap at the end of 2016, when they had to start processing Jan 2017s. So you're being processed at the same time as the March 2017's now.
I do try to keep that in mind.

Honestly when I filed my application, I thought it would take 26 months, but then got my hopes up with the changes announced in December 2016 (after I had filed). I hope in the future the process really does get refined and streamlined to within 12 months for most applicants and I'm happy for those are experiencing a shorter processing time from Jan 2017 onward.

Meanwhile, there's nothing for us stragglers to do but wait and trust things are moving along!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

Honestly when I filed my application, I thought it would take 26 months, but then got my hopes up with the changes announced in December 2016 (after I had filed). I hope in the future the process really does get refined and streamlined to within 12 months for most applicants and I'm happy for those are experiencing a shorter processing time from Jan 2017 onward.

Meanwhile, there's nothing for us stragglers to do but wait and trust things are moving along!
Exactly. At this point, there is nothing you can do. You'd said you're working, so you are eligible for RAMQ too. I get that it's like a weight over-top of you, but don't worry. There is a long process before they can refuse. And the landing rate is impressive :). Try to keep your witts about you

Reactions: Tipsywit63

WOLFHAWK

Feb 8, 2017
From FLORIDA IN Ontario Ca
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-MISS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
19-03-2017

I spoke with CIC/IRCC the other day and I mentioned the fact we are over the new guideline of the 1 year processing time,(applied Feb 2017) He sorta laughed and said that they are way behind and just now working on November 2016 Applicants.. so yep, here we still sit and wait. I hope we get done by the end of this year lol

Reactions: goteborg

rosa_landaverde

Star Member
Feb 14, 2017
hello, I have a very sad situation actually. My husband did his landing on Feb 02 / 2018 and even though we changed our home address 1 year ago and immigration confirm they have changed and updated our address they did the mistake to send my husband is PR CARD to our old home which we had a problem with because they neighbours that live there really hate us and because of that we moved out. Now, we spoke with immigration and ask them why they made such a big mistake when during my husband is landing day we reconfirm and they did had the right address why did they send it to our old home...they just said someone made an error. Anyways, they mailed out on March 13, 2018 to our old home and we contacted the landlord and current tenants for our mail but they said they didn't received it at all...we already knew they would say this because they really hate my husband and most likely they threw our mail in the garbage and immigration said the mail never return to them. We only know it was mailed but the neighbours won't tell us the truth...it is a very sad truth. The worse part is that my husband and I booked a vacation to mexico cancun paid $4,000 which will never be returned to us....so we lost our money and our dream to travel....immigration said they cant do anything about it and even though they feel sorry for us......they suggest for us to go to mexico but for my husband to apply for a travel document in his return in mexico canadian embassy ...??????? has anybody done this before?????? how long does it take to get the mail from immigration if it was sent on march 13???????? I live in Toronto and our old home also in Toronto area?????? how can i track it down?????? Both my husband and I have lost hope to find the PR CARD and since it is lost we have to wait for 6 mores weeks for immigration to begin processing a new one...and our trip is on april 14, 2018. I just cant even believe this situation on how evil people can be.

@profiler

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
hello, I have a very sad situation actually. My husband did his landing on Feb 02 / 2018 and even though we changed our home address 1 year ago and immigration confirm they have changed and updated our address they did the mistake to send my husband is PR CARD to our old home which we had a problem with because they neighbours that live there really hate us and because of that we moved out. Now, we spoke with immigration and ask them why they made such a big mistake when during my husband is landing day we reconfirm and they did had the right address why did they send it to our old home...they just said someone made an error. Anyways, they mailed out on March 13, 2018 to our old home and we contacted the landlord and current tenants for our mail but they said they didn't received it at all...we already knew they would say this because they really hate my husband and most likely they threw our mail in the garbage and immigration said the mail never return to them. We only know it was mailed but the neighbours won't tell us the truth...it is a very sad truth. The worse part is that my husband and I booked a vacation to mexico cancun paid $4,000 which will never be returned to us....so we lost our money and our dream to travel....immigration said they cant do anything about it and even though they feel sorry for us......they suggest for us to go to mexico but for my husband to apply for a travel document in his return in mexico canadian embassy ...??????? has anybody done this before?????? how long does it take to get the mail from immigration if it was sent on march 13???????? I live in Toronto and our old home also in Toronto area?????? how can i track it down?????? Both my husband and I have lost hope to find the PR CARD and since it is lost we have to wait for 6 mores weeks for immigration to begin processing a new one...and our trip is on april 14, 2018. I just cant even believe this situation on how evil people can be.

@profiler
Sorry to hear of your mixup. Though I hope the valuable lesson was learned -- don't book non-refundable vacations without having your PR Card in hand. Hell, I didn't want to book my wife's flight home, which is only $1800 (not $4k) until her card arrived. We booked that night. And we've never moved.

So, there is a path out. CIC is correct. It will take 14 days for a visa centre to process a PRTD. From my understanding, it has to be done by an embassy or visa centre and it must be done outside of Canada.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=064&top=10

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-travel-document.html

With respect to tracking mail, unless you've requested Canada Post to redirect your mail (which you should have done...but they can only do that for a year), or you're PR card is being sent with a tracking number, it is not at all possible to track where it went. Reissuance is the best alternative.

Best of luck, and I hope you enjoy your trip.

Last edited: