Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi everyone,

I recieved a pre arrival letter and a letter starting im eligible to apply for PR. Can someone tell me why they sent me a pre arrival letter when i am inland applicant?

When does a person get AIP?

Thanks
Those have been sent in error in the past.

AIP is after your sponsor is approved. In ECAS you will see "Decision Made" and "In Process". That indicates you've reached AIP

john1234

Oct 18, 2016
Those have been sent in error in the past.

AIP is after your sponsor is approved. In ECAS you will see "Decision Made" and "In Process". That indicates you've reached AIP
AIP is a good thing to get during the process? What happens during AIP?

Thanks for your help!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
AIP is a good thing to get during the process? What happens during AIP?

Thanks for your help!

AIP just means you're eligible to apply. That means you have a sponsor and are a member of the family class. AIP is after they assess your relationship proofs.

Reactions: john1234

HGGSS

Mar 6, 2018
Those have been known to be sent in error. What does ECAS presently say when you log in as the Sponsor?
Hello there,
when I log in under sponsor it says under sponsorship Decision Made and under PR application in process. And when I click into "in process" it says
we received your app on XX day.
We started processing the application on XX day
Medical received.

Thank you

Last edited:

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hello there,
when I log in under sponsor it says under sponsorship Decision Made and under PR application in process. And when I click into "in process" it says
we received your app on XX day.
We started processing the application on XX day
Medical received.

Thank you
You passed AIP. You're in the Security check stage. As soon as it is done, that will say DM/DM and you will get a landing invitation.

HGGSS

Mar 6, 2018
You passed AIP. You're in the Security check stage. As soon as it is done, that will say DM/DM and you will get a landing invitation.
Thank you so much!!! I was a bit confused which stage we are in because I never received a letter from them. Just one- the pre arrival letter.
Do you approx. how long it takes for the security check to be completed?
thank you

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thank you so much!!! I was a bit confused which stage we are in because I never received a letter from them. Just one- the pre arrival letter.
Do you approx. how long it takes for the security check to be completed?
thank you
The pre arrival can be an overseas dependent too.

It can take hours to months. Lately it's highly variable.

In stage 2 (where you are):
- Medical (passed)
- Criminality (usually very fast)
- Security (ordered by CBSA and conducted by CSIS and international intelligence partners...can take no time to 6 months).

Security varies based on your past, countries you've visited, etc. It is really highly variable.

Once you pass stage 2, they grant a PR. It's a highly anti-climactic. And only moderately painful (I kid.. it's like getting a license).

HGGSS

Mar 6, 2018
The pre arrival can be an overseas dependent too.

It can take hours to months. Lately it's highly variable.

In stage 2 (where you are):
- Medical (passed)
- Criminality (usually very fast)
- Security (ordered by CBSA and conducted by CSIS and international intelligence partners...can take no time to 6 months).

Security varies based on your past, countries you've visited, etc. It is really highly variable.

Once you pass stage 2, they grant a PR. It's a highly anti-climactic. And only moderately painful (I kid.. it's like getting a license).
Thank you for your very fast and detail respond! :) :)

Reactions: profiler

dkosh

Dec 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
07-10-2016
Hey everyone! This is an update, my husband got his PR yesterday (March 12th at the Etobicoke office). I'll quickly recap our time frames for those who are are still waiting or are interested. We submitted paperwork on October 7, 2016. Our first correspondence was for a medical test (that was submitted Sept 2017), then in November of 2017 he was asked to submit criminal record check. Then we heard nothing until I randomly checked the ecas site at the end of January of 2018 and it said DM on both accounts. On Feb 1st I got AIP letter in my email, he got his a day later on Feb 2nd. Then @profiler was kind enough to let me know that wait times in Etobicoke office are long, so I wasn't even freaking out at this point anymore :) On March 2nd (to my surprise) my husband got an email for a landing interview for March 12th.
The interview itself was very fast and easy. Our appointment was for 1pm, we got there at 12pm. Waited for about 30 min until they told us to come to the front desk and get our queue tickets. The lady was very nice, checked our info asked to see my drivers licence (I'm the sponsor) asked him when was the last time he left and arrived in Canada. Then asked him if he was ever convicted of a crime or asked to leave Canada and if he has any dependents that he didn't claim...no on both accounts. He signed the paperwork, she said congrats then we went and got his new sin number (they have two windows in this office where Service Canada sits). Overall the whole process took 45 min, from 1pm to 1:45pm (not counting the fact that we were an hour early). That's about it, it still hasn't sunk in that it's done lol. If anyone has any questions let me know I'd be more than happy to help! And best of luck to everyone that's still waiting!!!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hey everyone! This is an update, my husband got his PR yesterday (March 12th at the Etobicoke office). I'll quickly recap our time frames for those who are are still waiting or are interested. We submitted paperwork on October 7, 2016. Our first correspondence was for a medical test (that was submitted Sept 2017), then in November of 2017 he was asked to submit criminal record check. Then we heard nothing until I randomly checked the ecas site at the end of January of 2018 and it said DM on both accounts. On Feb 1st I got AIP letter in my email, he got his a day later on Feb 2nd. Then @profiler was kind enough to let me know that wait times in Etobicoke office are long, so I wasn't even freaking out at this point anymore :) On March 2nd (to my surprise) my husband got an email for a landing interview for March 12th.
The interview itself was very fast and easy. Our appointment was for 1pm, we got there at 12pm. Waited for about 30 min until they told us to come to the front desk and get our queue tickets. The lady was very nice, checked our info asked to see my drivers licence (I'm the sponsor) asked him when was the last time he left and arrived in Canada. Then asked him if he was ever convicted of a crime or asked to leave Canada and if he has any dependents that he didn't claim...no on both accounts. He signed the paperwork, she said congrats then we went and got his new sin number (they have two windows in this office where Service Canada sits). Overall the whole process took 45 min, from 1pm to 1:45pm (not counting the fact that we were an hour early). That's about it, it still hasn't sunk in that it's done lol. If anyone has any questions let me know I'd be more than happy to help! And best of luck to everyone that's still waiting!!!
Congrats! Time for the landing party!

Yas-incanada-spouse

Jun 30, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
15-11-2016
AOR Received.
02-12-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Hello everyone, my PR journey came to an end today atlast (say 99%), here is my timeline...

Application Sent : 10 Nov 2016 (with upfront medical along with owp application)
Application received : 15 Nov 2016
AOR : 6 Dec 2016
OWP : 7 March 2017
AIP / SA : 30 JAN 2018
Telephone landing interview email : 31 JAN 2018
(there were two emails one with instructions about telephone interview, and another with 2 COPRs (IRCC copy & Client copy), and i was asked to print both copies in legal format paper and kept ready during the interview)

Telephone Landing interview : 7 March 2018 (call received at the scheduled time, the rep asked me few questions about my passport no, validity etc, she then went thro the COPRs with me to check if there are any mistakes, she then spoke to my husband (sponsor) confirming whether he wants to sponsor me etc, he said YES YES YES to all her questions & she asked me to sign both the COPRs without dates. She then explained us the next steps to mail / courier the COPRs along with 2 photographs which we did the same day 7 March by courier) she then asked me few survey questions about the experience about this new pilot program.

COPR received by them : 8 March 2018
PR Approval email : 8 March 2018
received my COPR signed & sent by them : 13 March 2018

Pheww what a relief, Thanks to everyone in this forum especially profiler & sylvian who is able to clear all our doubts...i think we are the last batch of this 2016 forum (nov-dec) and i hope everyone gets cleared with their application the earliest...
Thanks a ton !!!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hello everyone, my PR journey came to an end today atlast (say 99%), here is my timeline...

Application Sent : 10 Nov 2016 (with upfront medical along with owp application)
Application received : 15 Nov 2016
AOR : 6 Dec 2016
OWP : 7 March 2017
AIP / SA : 30 JAN 2018
Telephone landing interview email : 31 JAN 2018
(there were two emails one with instructions about telephone interview, and another with 2 COPRs (IRCC copy & Client copy), and i was asked to print both copies in legal format paper and kept ready during the interview)

Telephone Landing interview : 7 March 2018 (call received at the scheduled time, the rep asked me few questions about my passport no, validity etc, she then went thro the COPRs with me to check if there are any mistakes, she then spoke to my husband (sponsor) confirming whether he wants to sponsor me etc, he said YES YES YES to all her questions & she asked me to sign both the COPRs without dates. She then explained us the next steps to mail / courier the COPRs along with 2 photographs which we did the same day 7 March by courier) she then asked me few survey questions about the experience about this new pilot program.

COPR received by them : 8 March 2018
PR Approval email : 8 March 2018
received my COPR signed & sent by them : 13 March 2018

Pheww what a relief, Thanks to everyone in this forum especially profiler & sylvian who is able to clear all our doubts...i think we are the last batch of this 2016 forum (nov-dec) and i hope everyone gets cleared with their application the earliest...
Thanks a ton !!!

It was more @sylvain1 than me... Congrats just the same! Time for a landing party!

Don't forget to get a permanent SIN (Service Canada) and health care if you don't have it (it varies based on your region where you need to go).

Reactions: Yas-incanada-spouse

Yas-incanada-spouse

Jun 30, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
15-11-2016
AOR Received.
02-12-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
It was more @sylvain1 than me... Congrats just the same! Time for a landing party!

Don't forget to get a permanent SIN (Service Canada) and health care if you don't have it (it varies based on your region where you need to go).
Thank you !! oh sure i will get my SIN changed this friday. About heath care, i already have my OHIP card (i got that with the help of my OWP & my permanent job) is there anything additional other than that ??

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thank you !! oh sure i will get my SIN changed this friday. About heath care, i already have my OHIP card (i got that with the help of my OWP & my permanent job) is there anything additional other than that ??
Your old SIN technically isn't legit anymore. They will permit taxes to be remitted...but CIC inland did warn us to get it done immediately. OHIP, that's easy. Simple form at the Service Ontario office with your COPR. Make sure to update your employer with the new SIN.

Reactions: Yas-incanada-spouse