Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Morning,

Finally, we received the landing interview email today. Our interview will be on Feb 8, at Etobicoke office. Luckily we do not have to wait for a long time :)
This interview should be simple, couple of questions and should not be long, as i read on this forum.

Thank you
Congrats!

Reactions: Melhem1

InlandSep16

Jan 16, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-09-2016
Doc's Request.
10-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-11-2016
Med's Request
06-10-2017
Med's Done....
10-10-2017
Interview........
02-12-2018
LANDED..........
02-12-2018
Good morning, today I got the following email from CIC, is it a LANDING INTERVIEW??

Dear client,

I am pleased to advise you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an interview that has been scheduled for:
DATE:
February 12th , 2018
TIME:
08:30 AM
235 Queen Street, C3 level Suite 005
Ottawa

In order to grant you permanent residence, you must provide us with satisfactory original identity documents. All applicants must provide their original valid passports at the landing interview.
You must attend the interview with the following:
Ø All of your dependants in Canada if they are included in this application
Ø Your own interpreter, if required
Ø Documents issued to you by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Ø If you are being landed under the In-Canada Spousal/Family Class
o Your sponsor must be present
o You must provide evidence of cohabitation
Ø Two (2) photos for each person on this application taken within the last 6 months – see specifications at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

Ø Proof you have paid the $490 Right of Permanent Residence Fee. This fee is not required for minors or Convention Refugees.

o If you have not yet paid this fee, you must do so on-line at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp

IMPORTANT NOTE: Payments will not be accepted at local office on the day of your appointment. You MUST make this payment a minimum of 7 business days before your scheduled interview. You must also bring the receipt with you to the interview or this appointment will be re-scheduled.
Failure to appear for this interview may be interpreted as evidence that you are no longer seeking permanent residence in Canada and your file may be closed. For any questions you may have, please contact the IRCC Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100.

Sincerely,
AK
IRCC OTTAWA

Reactions: profiler

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Good morning, today I got the following email from CIC, is it a LANDING INTERVIEW??

Dear client,

I am pleased to advise you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an interview that has been scheduled for:
DATE:
February 12th , 2018
TIME:
08:30 AM
235 Queen Street, C3 level Suite 005
Ottawa

In order to grant you permanent residence, you must provide us with satisfactory original identity documents. All applicants must provide their original valid passports at the landing interview.
You must attend the interview with the following:
Ø All of your dependants in Canada if they are included in this application
Ø Your own interpreter, if required
Ø Documents issued to you by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Ø If you are being landed under the In-Canada Spousal/Family Class
o Your sponsor must be present
o You must provide evidence of cohabitation
Ø Two (2) photos for each person on this application taken within the last 6 months – see specifications at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

Ø Proof you have paid the $490 Right of Permanent Residence Fee. This fee is not required for minors or Convention Refugees.

o If you have not yet paid this fee, you must do so on-line at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp

IMPORTANT NOTE: Payments will not be accepted at local office on the day of your appointment. You MUST make this payment a minimum of 7 business days before your scheduled interview. You must also bring the receipt with you to the interview or this appointment will be re-scheduled.
Failure to appear for this interview may be interpreted as evidence that you are no longer seeking permanent residence in Canada and your file may be closed. For any questions you may have, please contact the IRCC Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100.

Sincerely,
AK
IRCC OTTAWA
Congrats. That's a landing!

InlandSep16

Jan 16, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-09-2016
Doc's Request.
10-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-11-2016
Med's Request
06-10-2017
Med's Done....
10-10-2017
Interview........
02-12-2018
LANDED..........
02-12-2018

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thanks @profiler!!
We are extremely happy !!!
Proof of cohabitation, can we bring bills with our names??
Yeah, or government issued id with addresses on it. Just something to show you both live at the same address (and get mail there).

Reactions: Melhem1

InlandSep16

Jan 16, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-09-2016
Doc's Request.
10-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-11-2016
Med's Request
06-10-2017
Med's Done....
10-10-2017
Interview........
02-12-2018
LANDED..........
02-12-2018
Yeah, or government issued id with addresses on it. Just something to show you both live at the same address (and get mail there).
Thank you again

Melhem1

Star Member
Jan 10, 2013
"You must provide evidence of cohabitation", we do not have this request in our letter
Our letter says: Your sponsor must bring photo identification and proof of address

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
"You must provide evidence of cohabitation", we do not have this request in our letter
Our letter says: Your sponsor must bring photo identification and proof of address
And? Each landing office is different. The likelihood that they will even look at the evidence brought is near zero.

My wife was told I had to attend the "interview". I booked the morning off to make sure she landed. They didn't even notice I was there. I had to beg them to take my ID -- which they only looked at it quick, then said, "You're <last name>?"

So, it's not an issue. Bring what the invitation asks. They cannot fault you, if you don't bring what they asked.

Melhem1

Star Member
Jan 10, 2013
And? Each landing office is different. The likelihood that they will even look at the evidence brought is near zero.

My wife was told I had to attend the "interview". I booked the morning off to make sure she landed. They didn't even notice I was there. I had to beg them to take my ID -- which they only looked at it quick, then said, "You're <last name>?"

So, it's not an issue. Bring what the invitation asks. They cannot fault you, if you don't bring what they asked.
Thanks @profiler

We will bring what the invitation asks for

Reactions: profiler

July2016

Feb 6, 2018
Hi,my wife sponsored me in july 2016 inland, and until now still in process status for PR and i dont recieve any correspondence after my medical in june 2017,anyone on the same month of filling because im so worried.thanks

Melhem1

Star Member
Jan 10, 2013
Hi @profiler

Question:
The invitation letter asks to bring the SIN number. However, my wife SIN is expired (expired on 31 Dec 2017). Do we need to renew it before going to the interview or it should be fine with this SIN as it will be changed after landing

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi,my wife sponsored me in july 2016 inland, and until now still in process status for PR and i dont recieve any correspondence after my medical in june 2017,anyone on the same month of filling because im so worried.thanks
What does ECAS say if you log in with your wife's details?