IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thank you Profiler. You were right!! I just received appointment email scheduled on the Jan 10th. Thank you all for your support. Wish everyone all the best.
Congrats!

Sep 12, 2017
Anyone who applied 2016 June and still waiting for DM? I truly wish getting DM by the end of this month but I guess it wouldn't be happen... The long wait is much harder than I expected hahaha. Little late, but happy new years everyone!

father of the year

Star Member
Apr 30, 2017
Visa Office......
montreal
App. Filed.......
29-01-2016
AOR Received.
23-03-2016
Med's Request
13-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Interview........
07-09-2017
Passport Req..
13-03-2017
Happy New Year to one and all!!
wish you all the best and that all your wishes come true!!

Reactions: profiler

Tin tin

Star Member
Aug 12, 2017
Niagara region
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Portage Road
App. Filed.......
19-09-2017
Doc's Request.
20-11-2017
AOR Received.
20-11-2017
Med's Request
18-08-2018
Med's Done....
21-08-2018
Dear All,
We just received our landing notice!!!!!Finally!!!
Specially thanks to Profiler for all the help!
Timeline
2016-10-25 File received with OWP
2016-11-10 FN
2017-02-XX OWP received
2017-04-XX PCC sent (we sent with the application but was requested again) and also, more supporting documents were sent
2017-09-XX Medical request
2017-12-21 AIP
2017-12-22 SA
2018-01-04 LANDING INTERVIEW NOTICE!!!

We did not get any DM email though... The landing is scheduled on 2018-01-09 8:30am at 5353 Dundas St W, Etobicoke.

Can someone guide me with the upcoming landing interview?
Big Thank You to all!
Congratulations. All the best with the new life as a PR.

Tin tin

Star Member
Aug 12, 2017
Niagara region
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Portage Road
App. Filed.......
19-09-2017
Doc's Request.
20-11-2017
AOR Received.
20-11-2017
Med's Request
18-08-2018
Med's Done....
21-08-2018
Thank you Profiler. You were right!! I just received appointment email scheduled on the Jan 10th. Thank you all for your support. Wish everyone all the best.
Congrats dok. Patience pays.

Reactions: dok

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Anyone who applied 2016 June and still waiting for DM? I truly wish getting DM by the end of this month but I guess it wouldn't be happen... The long wait is much harder than I expected hahaha. Little late, but happy new years everyone!
happy new year to you as well. What does ECAS say?

mak31086

Star Member
Sep 23, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JAN 11, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 26, 2016
Hi dok, Can you post your timeline for your ECAS, DM and where is the appointment?

froggg

Jan 5, 2018
Toronto
Hey guys! I have a few quick questions. For background: my application was received in late October 2016, I'm from the U.S., and my partner and I are doing a common-law sponsorship.

Yesterday, I got an "eligibility passed" letter from CIC that says this: "It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class."

Also: my online services/client application status has changed to "Decision Made," although when I click on the underlined word and see the history of my application, there's no additional information provided about the decision, or when they will contact me.

Questions:
1. Do I need to pay my Right of Permanent Residence Fee now to continue with the processing of my application? The eligibility letter mentions it but it doesn't specify if we have to pay it at this point in time?
2. Is "Eligibility Passed" the same as Approval in Principle? I already passed the medical exam, and they're still processing my security/background check as far as I know. Also, even though I got the eligibility letter, the profile still says they are reviewing my eligibility? Is it just slow to update?
3. If Eligibility Passed/Decision Made is good news (which it seems like it is? is it?) approximately how long will it take before I get a CoPR/Landing Interview invitation?

Thanks!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Congrats on AIP -- but sounds like DM to me!

1. Do I need to pay my Right of Permanent Residence Fee now to continue with the processing of my application? The eligibility letter mentions it but it doesn't specify if we have to pay it at this point in time?
You can pay it any time -- but by what you've said, I would pay it ASAP.

2. Is "Eligibility Passed" the same as Approval in Principle? I already passed the medical exam, and they're still processing my security/background check as far as I know. Also, even though I got the eligibility letter, the profile still says they are reviewing my eligibility? Is it just slow to update?
AIP is the eligibility stage. Just because you apply, doesn't mean you are eligible for the program you have applied under. The eligibility email is telling you that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply under that program. This is AIP. myCIC is note really something I watch anymore. ECAS is a better source of truth.

3. If Eligibility Passed/Decision Made is good news (which it seems like it is? is it?) approximately how long will it take before I get a CoPR/Landing Interview invitation?
Log into ECAS: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do Do so with your sponsor's details. This will give you access to see both sides of the application (there is technically 2 -- the sponsorship and PR application).

If that says Decision Made under both sides of the application, then you're done. It can take up to 10 weeks to get a landing date. This varies wildly based on your location (and the closest CIC office). Most are about 4-8 weeks. Etobicoke (GTA) and MTL are the longest waits.

Reactions: sylvain1

froggg

Jan 5, 2018
Toronto
Congrats on AIP -- but sounds like DM to me!

You can pay it any time -- but by what you've said, I would pay it ASAP.

AIP is the eligibility stage. Just because you apply, doesn't mean you are eligible for the program you have applied under. The eligibility email is telling you that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply under that program. This is AIP. myCIC is note really something I watch anymore. ECAS is a better source of truth.

Log into ECAS: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do Do so with your sponsor's details. This will give you access to see both sides of the application (there is technically 2 -- the sponsorship and PR application).

If that says Decision Made under both sides of the application, then you're done. It can take up to 10 weeks to get a landing date. This varies wildly based on your location (and the closest CIC office). Most are about 4-8 weeks. Etobicoke (GTA) and MTL are the longest waits.
Thanks for the response! Cool, I think we're going to send the payment over the weekend. I looked under my Sponsor's ECAS page and it also says "Decision Made" as well. This seems like it's a good sign? Does this mean that my PR application has been approved? We live in Toronto so we're probably dealing with the Etobicoke office.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thanks for the response! Cool, I think we're going to send the payment over the weekend. I looked under my Sponsor's ECAS page and it also says "Decision Made" as well. This seems like it's a good sign? Does this mean that my PR application has been approved? We live in Toronto so we're probably dealing with the Etobicoke office.
Toronto for sure will be Etobicoke. So 8-10 weeks is most common. They will contact a week or two ahead to schedule.

DM/DM is very good. If there isn't anything you didn't disclose (kids not listed, crimes not explained, deportations not disclosed), then you're headed for PR-ville

froggg

Jan 5, 2018
Toronto
Toronto for sure will be Etobicoke. So 8-10 weeks is most common. They will contact a week or two ahead to schedule.

DM/DM is very good. If there isn't anything you didn't disclose (kids not listed, crimes not explained, deportations not disclosed), then you're headed for PR-ville
Awesome! Yeah we don't have any criminal history or secret kids or anything, so I think we're good lol.

Do you know what happens at the landing interview? I vaguely know that you go to the Etobicoke office which is way out near Kipling Station, but that's about it.

Am I supposed to bring anything (other than the receipt for the RPRF payment)? What do I wear, or does it matter?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Awesome! Yeah we don't have any criminal history or secret kids or anything, so I think we're good lol.

Do you know what happens at the landing interview? I vaguely know that you go to the Etobicoke office which is way out near Kipling Station, but that's about it.

Am I supposed to bring anything (other than the receipt for the RPRF payment)? What do I wear, or does it matter?
Most common question. See: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/spousal-sponsorship-in-land-applications-2016-timeline-and-updates.389295/page-1449#post-6618853

It's dead simple. They print your COPR there, you review, answer a couple simple questions (which I already stated in my last message), you initial, then sign. They sign. You're welcomed to Canada and told next steps that you should complete (SIN, OHIP, etc). You can ask any questions you want. Then you are off to live as a PR. Then 2-3 yrs later, you can apply to become a citizen, if you so choose.

My wife landed at Kitchener, so I can give you the details about Kitchener. Landings are the same though, roughly. No real dress code. Totally like getting a DL.

They will email you with what they need you to bring. Sponsor is required.

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got a question here. Your petition states:
"
In some countries, it is looked down upon by the society if the wedded girl stays with parents after marriage. They have to face lot of unwanted questions from neighbors, relatives and even strangers sometimes.
"

Can I ask why the happy couple doesn't file for PR inland instead of outland?
I have a friend in UK and told me - processing time for such cases is 3 months to the max.

they also have some sort of premium service with immigration, in which you pay some extra cash and case is processed within day/s.

i wish they had such processing here as well. may be it's just the number of files they have to process through out the year - adding up to workload and backlog. :(

anyways, stay positive & busy - all cases will finally be processed (POSITIVE). it's just a matter of time.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I have a friend in UK and told me - processing time for such cases is 3 months to the max.

they also have some sort of premium service with immigration, in which you pay some extra cash and case is processed within day/s.

i wish they had such processing here as well. may be it's just the number of files they have to process through out the year - adding up to workload and backlog. :(

anyways, stay positive & busy - all cases will finally be processed (POSITIVE). it's just a matter of time.
I'm not convinced that it's better, to be fair. The government actually has made very good strides forward, and I don't believe it's helpful to have these petitions every 6 months to a year to demand more, when the effects of what they have already done have not yet been fully actualized. It's like a kid demanding more food, when they have only just started into their dinner.

That, and I value my safety, over faster processing times. They have a stream to deal with this, and I commented how getting the visitor visa can be accomplished.

Unfortunately, I am totally out.

Change it to state better communication or education into how to accomplish immigration with those particular scenarios, and I am in.

Reactions: sylvain1