+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

Fatih123

Star Member
Jun 3, 2017
If Turkey's Embassy will issue you a new passport, then yes just send a scan of the bio page to CIC via IRCC web form (google that). If they won't, then what I suggested will work.

If you cannot get a passport, then contact your local MP, and explain what's happening. Tell them you need CIC to waive the passport requirement (it really should be an H&C application, instead of a spousal, and should have been made clear up front that, the passport waiver was required -- but never-the-less, we are here now). If you don't get a satisfactory answer here, you can contact the director of operations at CIC< or the Immigration Minister's constituency office for a resolution.
Thank you I'll try something

Reactions: profiler

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thank you I'll try something
Best of luck. Also, to answer the last question you had, it's done, and you need a passport to land.

Last edited:

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
https://www.change.org/p/canada-immigration-office-dependent-visa-for-canadian-citizen-s-spouse

Let us sign this and make them hear us, hopefully we get something positive out of this ..
Got a question here. Your petition states:
"
In some countries, it is looked down upon by the society if the wedded girl stays with parents after marriage. They have to face lot of unwanted questions from neighbors, relatives and even strangers sometimes.
"

Can I ask why the happy couple doesn't file for PR inland instead of outland?

ateja

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
Got a question here. Your petition states:
"
In some countries, it is looked down upon by the society if the wedded girl stays with parents after marriage. They have to face lot of unwanted questions from neighbors, relatives and even strangers sometimes.
"

Can I ask why the happy couple doesn't file for PR inland instead of outland?

Because they cannot come in, visitor visa is being rejected for most of them anyways (including me)

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Because they cannot come in, visitor visa is being rejected.
With a reasonable travel history (this requires planning and forethought), it's pretty easy to get a visitor visa. I think the process isn't broken. The reality is, it takes time to immigrate. They are landing most cases, both inland and outland in 12 months now or less.

Arguably, young ladies from some regions, like Russia (and other FSU states) do face increased scrutiny by CIC. There is a higher percentage of fraud happening. And there is an unbalanced demography from that general region. My wife is from here.

With a travel history to Europe, she had no issue getting a visa issued, at Christmas, in under 4 days. Every crossing at the border was difficult and time consuming, but never the less here we are, and she landed 12 months to the day AOR was received.

Also, apply for the visa before your wedding. They could refuse based on no travel history and married to a resident. The fear is undocumented status.

Last edited:

Mimit34

Aug 2, 2017
Hello everyone,

I am back once again after a veryyyyy long wait. I am excited to share with you all that we have finally received our landing appointment for Jan 09 with the London office! So exciting that it's almost over now :) ECAS changed to DM on October 30th and received an official DM letter by email on the 16th of November. It has been 7 weeks since the DM letter and almost 10 weeks since ECAS changed to DM. It was quite a long wait for the appointment but I was expecting that, as there are many refugee cases here as well. For anyone who is curious, we are June 2016 applicants. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting! If I were to offer any advice, just be patient! It was hard but had to keep myself busy everyday!

Any advice for the appointment?

Reactions: sylvain1

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hello everyone,

I am back once again after a veryyyyy long wait. I am excited to share with you all that we have finally received our landing appointment for Jan 09 with the London office! So exciting that it's almost over now :) ECAS changed to DM on October 30th and received an official DM letter by email on the 16th of November. It has been 7 weeks since the DM letter and almost 10 weeks since ECAS changed to DM. It was quite a long wait for the appointment but I was expecting that, as there are many refugee cases here as well. For anyone who is curious, we are June 2016 applicants. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting! If I were to offer any advice, just be patient! It was hard but had to keep myself busy everyday!

Congrats. I just posted advice here: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/spousal-sponsorship-in-land-applications-2016-timeline-and-updates.389295/page-1449#post-6618853 . That's for Etobicoke, but general advice applies. I don't believe London has a SC office. So scoot over there after you land, with your COPR to get a SIN. Also, get OHIP at Service Ontario, if you haven't already done so.

Perhaps @meaningful1, or one of the SWO residents who recently landed at London can share experiences?

Reactions: Mimit34

mak31086

Star Member
Sep 23, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JAN 11, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 26, 2016
Hey Folks,

My spouse received her email stating that decision has been made on her Spousal Inland application on Nov 17th. ECAS is also updated as DM. She has been waiting for more than 7 weeks now to receive an email for an appointment at IRCC Etobicoke office. Anyone know how long does it take to receive an appointment after status changed to DM from IRCC Etobicoke? Also, can she renew her OHIP(expires in April) and permanent SIN using the COPR? Please guide me through the next process, thanks!!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hey Folks,

My spouse received her email stating that decision has been made on her Spousal Inland application on Nov 17th. ECAS is also updated as DM. She has been waiting for more than 7 weeks now to receive an email for an appointment at IRCC Etobicoke office. Anyone know how long does it take to receive an appointment after status changed to DM from IRCC Etobicoke? Also, can she renew her OHIP(expires in April) and permanent SIN using the COPR? Please guide me through the next process, thanks!!
OHIP, just drop by Service Ontario. Takes a few seconds to make it permanent. They send a new card via mail. SIN is generally the same.

Etobicoke can be 9-10 wks. So, you should see something any day now (they usually schedule a week or two in advance).

I posted a link above describing landing at Etobicoke.

Reactions: mak31086

mak31086

Star Member
Sep 23, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JAN 11, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 26, 2016
Hello everyone,

First of all congratulations, you are almost one step to becoming a permanent resident of this beautiful country.
I am almost in the same boat as you. ECAS changed to DM almost 9 weeks and got DM letter on Nov 17th (7 weeks now), eagerly waiting for an appointment from Etobicoke office. I am Jan 2016 applicant but got delayed due to the arrival of my baby girl. Let me know your appointment experience later, good luck. Thanks!!

Reactions: Mimit34
Dec 20, 2017
Congrats! Don't worry about not getting the DM. If you get a COPR, that's better than any DM, any day. Landing is simple, like getting a drivers license. Just relax, because, unless there is something you didn't tell them (kids not declared here, or anywhere; crimes not declared; being asked/forced to leave Canada or anywhere), you'll slide through the process pretty quickly.

Etobicoke has a Service Canada office there, so you can slip in and get a permanent SIN after you land.

What's more important, is the after-party.
"....slide through" and "...slip in". Profiler sure makes it sound poetic!

mak31086

Star Member
Sep 23, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JAN 11, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 26, 2016
OHIP, just drop by Service Ontario. Takes a few seconds to make it permanent. They send a new card via mail. SIN is generally the same.

Etobicoke can be 9-10 wks. So, you should see something any day now (they usually schedule a week or two in advance).

I posted a link above describing landing at Etobicoke.

Thank you for your prompt response, Profiler. As usual, you rock!!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

dok

Apr 20, 2014
Thank you Profiler. I'm just going to wait till next week ending and will call them to find out.
Thank you Profiler. You were right!! I just received appointment email scheduled on the Jan 10th. Thank you all for your support. Wish everyone all the best.