+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

dok

Apr 20, 2014
Thank you! I tried to call and no one picks up. My lawyer is not around at the moment...his assistant asked me to wait for the email to come in....
So....I will wait then...
I also saw decision made early last week and MyCIC account hasn't changed. Still waiting for IRCC email. Please keep us posted when you receive email notification.

gc1600

Nov 8, 2017
COngrates,
did they give you any time frame that within certain days you need to do a border run or call CIC to make a landing appointment once you have the CoPR? The reason why i am asking is i am expecting my landing soon but i am traveling outside Canada in Feb-2018. If i complete landing before that than i cant travel outside Canada as i need to wait for PR card, so only i can do my landing once i am coming back from vacation at border.
No they haven't given me a time frame. I did ask the IRCC lady about travelling and she said "well if you are travelling, just do not submit your signed CoPR until you have finished all your travels. That will be a lot easier than having to go to a consul at your destination before coming back". In hindsight I probably should have asked that question.

gc1600

Nov 8, 2017
So i got the phone interview, and I can only describe it as: frustrating

The guy had the thickest Asian accent I’ve ever heard, it was so damn hard to understand him.

I had to repeat my answers like 3 times and he would yell at me saying he wasn’t asking that and then we would say the same question again (???) and I would give him the same answer I was giving in the first place.

I felt insulted by the way he treated me. But whatever... it’s done.

Now I just have to wait for the CoPR, sign it and send it back.
oh yay phone interview buddies! i am sho shoolllieee for your exppeeeelience.

to me the getting of the CoPR was the most frustrating. My MP told me that it was sent on 12 December and gave me a tracking number. The tracking number did not work until today and it shows that the CoPR is still in Montreal. Wtf!

gc1600

Nov 8, 2017
sorry guys quick question (I am sure the answer is somewhere here but i cant find it among the 1442 pages of messages - sorry)...

I know that between ladning and receipt of my PR card I am not supposed to travel (or I'll need a proof of PR on my entry) - however, as a foriegn (british citizen) passport holder who does not require a VISA to enter Canada - can't I just go into canada with my passport?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
oh yay phone interview buddies! i am sho shoolllieee for your exppeeeelience.

to me the getting of the CoPR was the most frustrating. My MP told me that it was sent on 12 December and gave me a tracking number. The tracking number did not work until today and it shows that the CoPR is still in Montreal. Wtf!
It is Christmas...CPC does get busy. Landing at an office has it's perks...

sorry guys quick question (I am sure the answer is somewhere here but i cant find it among the 1442 pages of messages - sorry)...

I know that between ladning and receipt of my PR card I am not supposed to travel (or I'll need a proof of PR on my entry) - however, as a foriegn (british citizen) passport holder who does not require a VISA to enter Canada - can't I just go into canada with my passport?
I'd say you'd be fine. I can't recall if you'd need an eTA. If not, then I would say you're fine.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

VIRGIEWOOLF

Star Member
Jul 8, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28/12/2016
AOR Received.
19/1/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Successful
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Valid Passport pages Requested 07/11/2017
LANDED..........
15-12-2017
Hi Guys..Finally the wait is over I got an email yesterday:

We are pleased to inform you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an interview that is scheduled for Time on DEC. 22, 2017. Your interview will be conducted at: Address

Please bring this invitation letter to the interview. You must also attend the interview with the following:
1) Your passport. You must provide us with satisfactory original identity documents in order to acquire permanent residence status. o If your passport is currently being held by the Government of Canada (IRCC/CBSA), we will request it on your behalf.
2) Two photographs for your permanent resident card o Permanent resident card
3) Your current Social Insurance Number, only if you are in possession of one. You will need to change your Social Insurance Number (SIN) to reflect your new status as a permanent resident. o Service Canada representatives may be available at this interview to assist you in obtaining your new SIN.
4) Your sponsor, only if you are landing under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in-Canada Class o Your sponsor must bring photo identification and proof of address.

I am kind of concerned about the Interview it will be it normal like other people are stating in this forum or some other new questions are added.......Maybe people who recently went for interview can share their experiences here. Also if somebody can explain me what is proof of address (as stated for my sponsor) and other documents I can carry which can be helpful to us in in the interview process.

Thanks in advance :)
Congrats!

Reactions: amazingt

VIRGIEWOOLF

Star Member
Jul 8, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28/12/2016
AOR Received.
19/1/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Successful
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Valid Passport pages Requested 07/11/2017
LANDED..........
15-12-2017
So today was landing, very easy, appointment at 11am, we were out the door at 11:15am. She said it takes 3 to 4 months for the PR card. I am hoping she is saying that so people don't get bothered if it takes more than 65 days.
Congrats!

Ravi_GY

Jul 21, 2017
App. Filed.......
09-3016
Congrats on landing and the baby! An extra special Christmas!
Thanks ...really is extra special this year...was surprise to get my landing letter...was expecting it until end of January based on the wait time that I have been seeing with etobicoke

amazingt

Sep 22, 2017
Hi Guys,

Can somebody please suggest me how to pay RPRF fees for $490. CIC has given me a link but when I clicked on that link there is no fees listed as in the amount of $490. Thanks

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Reactions: sylvain1 and Snigs

Sylviebah

Oct 29, 2017
Hello everyone , I am the sponsor and my husband I’m in Congo , I received a later on March that their received my application . July I saw online saying medical check received but it’s have passed the expiring date of the medical . So I emailed the office and their said their have my file . I got no idea what is on

Whimsical04

May 15, 2017
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
25-05-2016
AOR Received.
18-06-2016
Med's Request
09-05-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
Hi, I got AIP on dec 19 and ecas says: decision made for sponsor side and in process for principal applicant.
I applied inland on May 25, 3016 and I was out of status.
Should I apply for a work permit or just wait it out for PR.
BG check started May 2017.
Thanks!

Reactions: sylvain1