+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

Cshah123

Nov 26, 2017
Wait until they send you the invite to land. Then you can notify them that you're either not in Canada, or you expect to leave. Give them the return date. They will reschedule. It will be fine.
thank you so much for the response
how they will going to contact us via email or over the phone? Most likely my phone will not work during my vacation? Also i would like to know how we have to notify them for the rescheduling interview? via email or phone?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
thank you so much for the response
how they will going to contact us via email or over the phone? Most likely my phone will not work during my vacation? Also i would like to know how we have to notify them for the rescheduling interview? via email or phone?
If they normally communicate with you by email, then email for the landing notice. Unless they want to get you in urgently (expiring medical, passport, whatever reason). If it's urgent, telephone.

When rescheduling, sometimes you to reply to the email, sometimes you can call. I would do both. This is highly dependent on the landing office.

dok

Apr 20, 2014
When you say you passed eligibility, do you mean you got AIP?
Hello Profiler, I have a document in MyCIC stating that I have met the requirements to apply for PR. But this will not be completed until security, background, medical and criminal records check are complete. I guess this is the AIP. I received this in September 2017 or so. The call center told me they don't know why my eligibility is showing in reviewing because it's been recorded in their system as passed.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hello Profiler, I have a document in MyCIC stating that I have met the requirements to apply for PR. But this will not be completed until security, background, medical and criminal records check are complete. I guess this is the AIP. I received this in September 2017 or so. The call center told me they don't know why my eligibility is showing in reviewing because it's been recorded in their system as passed.
Actually, that makes sense. Review of Eligibility will remain in that state in myCIC until you land. Eligibility usually means that you can apply for a PR in that class (you have a sponsor, have proofs you are related to the sponsor, etc). But in myCIC speak, it's saying you need to pass: Medical, Security, and Criminality checks too.

ECAS should be showing "In progress" for the Applicant side though.

Reactions: dok

VIRGIEWOOLF

Star Member
Jul 8, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28/12/2016
AOR Received.
19/1/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Successful
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Valid Passport pages Requested 07/11/2017
LANDED..........
15-12-2017
Reactions: profiler

dok

Apr 20, 2014
Actually, that makes sense. Review of Eligibility will remain in that state in myCIC until you land. Eligibility usually means that you can apply for a PR in that class (you have a sponsor, have proofs you are related to the sponsor, etc). But in myCIC speak, it's saying you need to pass: Medical, Security, and Criminality checks too.

Thank you Profiler. Ecas still shows on the Applicant side as Application Received.

eduardo.arellano

Star Member
Sep 28, 2017
Hello all,

My common-law application has requested the PCC. She has been living in Canada for more than a year and a half now. How many police certificates does she need to provide besides her country of origin? Does she needs to get the fingerprints and criminal record from the RCMP in Canada? The letter also says her family members need to submit one as well, does it mean I need to get my fingerprints and criminal record also from RCMP? I am not a Canadian citizen but living here for more than 10 years (most of my adult life since I have been 18).

Thanks a lot for your help!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hello all,

My common-law application has requested the PCC. She has been living in Canada for more than a year and a half now. How many police certificates does she need to provide besides her country of origin? Does she needs to get the fingerprints and criminal record from the RCMP in Canada? The letter also says her family members need to submit one as well, does it mean I need to get my fingerprints and criminal record also from RCMP? I am not a Canadian citizen but living here for more than 10 years (most of my adult life since I have been 18).

Thanks a lot for your help!
So your question asks how many -- I only know of two countries that your partner has lived in: her country of origin, and Canada.

She will need to submit a PCC for every country she has lived in for more than 6 months, EXCLUDING Canada. If they explicitly ask for fingerprints, that will serve as a PCC for Canada. If they have not explicitly asked, then no fingerprints required.

Regarding Family: Anyone who is included in the application will have to submit PCC's. So, that would be dependents seeking PR's. Anyone not seeking PR's do not need to supply PCC's.

Reactions: sylvain1

Cshah123

Nov 26, 2017
If they normally communicate with you by email, then email for the landing notice. Unless they want to get you in urgently (expiring medical, passport, whatever reason). If it's urgent, telephone.

When rescheduling, sometimes you to reply to the email, sometimes you can call. I would do both. This is highly dependent on the landing office.
and while i reschedule the appointment will they give me new date at that time only (on call) or they will contact me again for rescheduling appointment

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
and while i reschedule the appointment will they give me new date at that time only (on call) or they will contact me again for rescheduling appointment
No idea. I have not been through rescheduling. You will need to work out that detail with them. I do know that if you advise them of your return date, they will try to accommodate that.

beate1961

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Nov.24
AOR Received.
Dec. 10-17-016
Med's Request
01-11-2017
Med's Done....
17-11-2017

For us it's the other way around . No mention of anything passed, although Criminality check and Medicals are both in. However, I was quite pleased that ECAS finally showed under Applicant that the Medicals were received..Just about a month after they were done.. I guess you were right when you referred to it as a dinosaur.. :) It looks like they are working on applications that were sent in the end of October, so I assume it will be another month yet.. But- Santa may surprise us... Hope springs eternal!

Reactions: sylvain1

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
For us it's the other way around . No mention of anything passed, although Criminality check and Medicals are both in. However, I was quite pleased that ECAS finally showed under Applicant that the Medicals were received..Just about a month after they were done.. I guess you were right when you referred to it as a dinosaur.. :) It looks like they are working on applications that were sent in the end of October, so I assume it will be another month yet.. But- Santa may surprise us... Hope springs eternal!
ECAS is the Tried, Tested and True source of information from CIC IMHO. They asked for the medical, right? That might be a clue.... check ECAS tomorrow morning -- I would be interested to know if there is any change :).

beate1961

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Nov.24
AOR Received.
Dec. 10-17-016
Med's Request
01-11-2017
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
ECAS is the Tried, Tested and True source of information from CIC IMHO. They asked for the medical, right? That might be a clue.... check ECAS tomorrow morning -- I would be interested to know if there is any change :).
I phoned the 24 hour line just now and am very happy to share that the hubby passed his medical ( woot). He will not require an interview, no further documents required, currently processing his background.. :) Phew... you were right, as usual.:)

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I phoned the 24 hour line just now and am very happy to share that the hubby passed his medical ( woot). He will not require an interview, no further documents required, currently processing his background.. :) Phew... you were right, as usual.:)
Medical I am not surprised about -- but congrats just the same :).

Check ECAS in the morning. Just...trust me on this. I have a hunch....

*USUALLY* when you see some movement, esp. after a medical request .. there might be a change ;)

Aug 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-6-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
Med's Request
02-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
I got this letter in the mail from cic
This refers to your application PR under the S-or-CL partner in Canada class.in order to becomea PR under the S or CL partner in Canada class,you must comply with all the requirements ...

Before a final decision can be made on this application an interview with you and your sponsor is required to update and clarify information you provided in your application.you and your spouse are required to attend at the location, date and time indicated below

Please bring the following with you to the interview
Your PP and any document issued by immigration canada
Proof of entry to canada
Your sponsor PP and status in Canada
T4 slip and notices of assessment issue BY CRA for you and your spouse for 2015, 2016
Marriage certificate (original )
Birth certificate of any children
If renting bring rental agreement; if own the tittle to the mortgage
Bank letter for all accounts you and/or your spouse may have, reflecting the names of the holder (s)
Bank history statementreflecting transaction for the past 24 months for all accounts .
Any other information or documentation you wish to be considered
Has anyone received such?