IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I had SA & AIP in Jun. 2017 and totay a letter from IRCC was sent to my common law sponsor's email, please help!

My common law girlfriend was previously granted PR under her parents' family application.

I discussed with my girlfriend why she stated "single" on her landing on 23 August 2013, and she said she did not even understand the clear idea of "common law" at that time because in our country we usually use "single" or "married". We do have been living together since 2011 but we never bothered to clearly check the right definition of marital status of us at that time......

Any suggestions are appreciated!
So, this is no bueno. But, yet you applied for a PR under the Common-Law program of the Family class. I have an opinion, but you might want to double check with an immigration lawyer (a proper lawyer -- not consultant), or your local MP.

You've submitted evidence, I am assuming, of co-habitation from 2011 forward. If that's the case, then your girlfriend has misrepresented herself to CIC at the time they sought to grant PR status for her. They are demanding a letter explaining what happened.

So, I would write exactly what you have stated here, and submit that to CIC, and hope that they won't do much more than finger-wagging over not reading the rules when applying. With your letter, it would probably help to have government forms from her Country of Origin, that you can show that only state "single" or "married".

Reactions: sylvain1

ngrrox

Feb 16, 2017
So, this is no bueno. But, yet you applied for a PR under the Common-Law program of the Family class. I have an opinion, but you might want to double check with an immigration lawyer (a proper lawyer -- not consultant), or your local MP.

You've submitted evidence, I am assuming, of co-habitation from 2011 forward. If that's the case, then your girlfriend has misrepresented herself to CIC at the time they sought to grant PR status for her. They are demanding a letter explaining what happened.

So, I would write exactly what you have stated here, and submit that to CIC, and hope that they won't do much more than finger-wagging over not reading the rules when applying. With your letter, it would probably help to have government forms from her Country of Origin, that you can show that only state "single" or "married".
Thank you for the reply!

Yes we did submit quite a bit amount of evidence showing co-habitation from 2011, and GCMS notes said the officer were satisfied we are on genuine relationship (and that's why we got SA & AIP).

Of course she will write honestly why she stated that, the last sentence in IRCC's email "This misrepresentation on your part may result in the
refusal of this application. Charges of misrepresentation are serious and could affect your permanent resident status in Canada. " is just making me panic :(

Even IRCC counts from 2013 our co-habitation time is still much greater than 1 year, but we know IRCC does not like such logic.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thank you for the reply!

Yes we did submit quite a bit amount of evidence showing co-habitation from 2011, and GCMS notes said the officer were satisfied we are on genuine relationship (and that's why we got SA & AIP).

Of course she will write honestly why she stated that, the last sentence in IRCC's email "This misrepresentation on your part may result in the
refusal of this application. Charges of misrepresentation are serious and could affect your permanent resident status in Canada. " is just making me panic :(
The note about GCMS notes, and them being satisfied, is actually bad here. You will have trouble refuting that you were not CL between 2011 and 2013.

I don't want to alarm you, but you might want to take very serious note of what they have said. If they find she has misrepresented herself, when there is clear warnings not to on every form, and above every signature; they could seek to bring it to immigration court. What's more, they could press her father over this, too. It sounds like it was his original filing, and she is a dependent on that application.

So, proof of the belief (forms from Country of Origin federal and state/provincial is good), and an apology is probably in order; at least an apologetic tone. Anything to try to side with you on this, 'A simple transgression' versus, 'immigration fraud'.

As I suggested, you might want to speak to a proper immigration lawyer (not a consultant, or some armchair commentor on CV.com), or your local MP. They can give you case-specific information (that's something I am devoid of).

masouleht

Star Member
Apr 8, 2017
Hard to say. But if we rationalize it:

Given what you provided from ECAS, 3-6 months from the date they received the new information. It will take a month for them to review the new data provided and make a decision on eligibility. Then Security can take a few days to a few months mos to complete.of course it's not easy to predict, so it could be shorter or longer.
What documents do I need to send to IRCC to inform birth of our baby?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
What documents do I need to send to IRCC to inform birth of our baby?
Birth Certificate. You can advise them of the birth via web form. Just tell them you'll send the provincial birth certificate once send to you. They will further direct you, if they need more info.

Assuming you're in Canada, the child will be Canadian by birth. So it won't have any real (negative) effect to your application or sponsorship.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hi guysss I just received an email 'It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all requirements are fulfilled'
Please explain what is the procedure from here. Thanks!
Congrats! This is you AIP. You can now register to the health coverage of your province and you are waiting for a final DM.

Reactions: amazingt

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
@profiler @sylvain1 , My wife received SA Oct.04. My application received Aug.2016. I am still waiting for AIP. Still waiting for background check!! Is that normal? Our baby girl was born 3 days ago.
Salam masouleht, congratulations for the baby! You should notify CIC of the birth. AIP might be delayed, it happens. But if they don't ask for proofs of relationship/cohabitation, there is nothing more you can do, except waiting.

Reactions: masouleht

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Birth Certificate. You can advise them of the birth via web form. Just tell them you'll send the provincial birth certificate once send to you. They will further direct you, if they need more info.

Assuming you're in Canada, the child will be Canadian by birth. So it won't have any real (negative) effect to your application or sponsorship.
@masouleht are you married or in common-law? If in common-law, as you didn't get AIP yet, the birth will be a plus on your application.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi @sylvain thanks for explaining. I am sorry I am asking lot of questions here but then what is SA shouldnt it come before AIP? Thanks
If you received that letter, you can be sure you have SA. SA is the stage before AIP, but they tend to work on both at exactly the same time. So, you may get the letters out of order, or not even get the SA letter at all. You cannot be eligible to be sponsored, if your sponsor was not approved. Right?

But, don't take my word for it, check ECAS. ECAS will say "Decision Made" on the Sponsorship Application now.

And, for the record, sometimes I answer for @sylvain1. Consider it like him throwing his voice ;).

Banana-phone

Nov 16, 2017
Hi everyone. First time posting heree :)

I just logged into my cic account and it says I passed the medical exam, but nothing is updated on ecas. Could this be a mistake..? Anyone had a similar experience ?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi everyone. First time posting heree :)

I just logged into my cic account and it says I passed the medical exam, but nothing is updated on ecas. Could this be a mistake..? Anyone had a similar experience ?
Check ECAS tomorrow morning.

amazingt

Sep 22, 2017
If you received that letter, you can be sure you have SA. SA is the stage before AIP, but they tend to work on both at exactly the same time. So, you may get the letters out of order, or not even get the SA letter at all. You cannot be eligible to be sponsored, if your sponsor was not approved. Right?

But, don't take my word for it, check ECAS. ECAS will say "Decision Made" on the Sponsorship Application now.

And, for the record, sometimes I answer for @sylvain1. Consider it like him throwing his voice ;).
Thank you so much @profiler for the reply as well as @sylvain ;). You are right its Decision Made on the Sponsorship Application. I like what you wrote "And, for the record, sometimes I answer for @sylvain1. Consider it like him throwing his voice"..heheh
Just out of curiosity it is just the written communication forum or did anybody got to meet anybody or know in person??