File Transfer...
29-08-2015 To Ottawa
Med's Request
April 17, 2015
Med's Done....
upfront medical 17-04-2015, Received May 5
Passport Req..
October 8, 2015
Yeah. I was thinking that Ppr for my wife (landing ) is also the letter that our kids will bring to the VFs global in Manila. Obviously I was wrong. Can a MP help to exedite pPr?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Yeah. I was thinking that Ppr for my wife (landing ) is also the letter that our kids will bring to the VFs global in Manila. Obviously I was wrong. Can a MP help to exedite pPr?
Wait, are you an outland or inland applicant? Only outland gets PPR's. Have you landed yet? If not, then no, they cannot.

sheykivanuel

Jun 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia CIO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2014
Doc's Request.
02-07-2015 Schedule A
Nomination.....
14-10-2014
AOR Received.
09-04-2015
File Transfer...
29-08-2015 To Ottawa
Med's Request
April 17, 2015
Med's Done....
upfront medical 17-04-2015, Received May 5
Passport Req..
October 8, 2015
Wait, are you an outland or inland applicant? Only outland gets PPR's. Have you landed yet? If not, then no, they cannot.
Inland. But the kids are outside Canada. So we landed here, already. Awaiting PPr for kids outside Canada.

ferrod

Nov 6, 2017
Innocent until proven guilty. If you don't send the fingerprints, they will refuse your application for not complying. At least if you comply, you can appeal for H&C if need be. At this point, you should just wait to see what they say. An accusation is not a conviction. Therefore, if you draw it out (delay), that might work. I am not an attorney though -- more an armchair commentor.
Hi,
So yesterday I received an email saying I was approved as a Sponsor. In ECAS it shows from the Sponsor side "Decision Made" and the Permanent Resident Application "Application Received".
I am wondering if I will get AIP or DM soon? or would they wait until my wife sends her fingerprints?

Thank you

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Inland. But the kids are outside Canada. So we landed here, already. Awaiting PPr for kids outside Canada.
Already landed, yes I would expect a MP might be able to help figure out what's going on...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi,
So yesterday I received an email saying I was approved as a Sponsor. In ECAS it shows from the Sponsor side "Decision Made" and the Permanent Resident Application "Application Received".
I am wondering if I will get AIP or DM soon? or would they wait until my wife sends her fingerprints?

Thank you
Check tomorrow morning. They generally look at the applicant immediately after the sponsor. You may already have AIP and just don't know it yet...

Reactions: sylvain1

gc1600

Nov 8, 2017
Hello everyone I am new to posting here. Like a lot of people I've been reading this forum for quite a bit of time - mostly during work, which also explains why I didn't say hi earlier - somehow Internet Explorer wouldn't let me register an account but that problem has been resolved :)

My timeline is as follows:
1. ECAS states that they received my application on Aug 26, 2016
2. I've received an AOR thru email on Oct 3, 2016 (does that make me an "Aug Applicant" or an "Oct Applicant"?
3. I got SA, AIP and Medical Request early Aug 2017
4. Did medical and it showed "pass" on MyCIC/"received" on ECAS since early Sep 2017
5. Have not hear anything since then :(

I learned from earlier posts that the only steps left are criminal/background check by CSIS (which will then yield a DM on the applicant side on ECAS) and then landing.

I am an inland applicant (from Hong Kong). I am sure that my background is super clean (no criminal history) but I did travel a bit - a few days here and there. I don't understand why background check is taking so long, especially when a lot of applicants get their applicant DM a few days after SA. It's driving me crazy especially when my IEC work permit is expiring in Mar 2018. I think I will have to apply for an OWP if I do not get applicant DM this week because that will take 4 months to process.

Any comments or help (with the timeline, the hold-up, and whether you think I need to apply for an OWP now)? Thanks!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hello everyone I am new to posting here. Like a lot of people I've been reading this forum for quite a bit of time - mostly during work, which also explains why I didn't say hi earlier - somehow Internet Explorer wouldn't let me register an account but that problem has been resolved :)

2. I've received an AOR thru email on Oct 3, 2016 (does that make me an "Aug Applicant" or an "Oct Applicant"?
4. Did medical and it showed "pass" on MyCIC/"received" on ECAS since early Sep 2017

I learned from earlier posts that the only steps left are criminal/background check by CSIS (which will then yield a DM on the applicant side on ECAS) and then landing.

I am an inland applicant (from Hong Kong). I am sure that my background is super clean (no criminal history) but I did travel a bit - a few days here and there. I don't understand why background check is taking so long, especially when a lot of applicants get their applicant DM a few days after SA. It's driving me crazy especially when my IEC work permit is expiring in Mar 2018. I think I will have to apply for an OWP if I do not get applicant DM this week because that will take 4 months to process.

Any comments or help (with the timeline, the hold-up, and whether you think I need to apply for an OWP now)? Thanks!
Step 1 - ditch the old browser ;). No one uses IE anymore ;).

You are an August baby -- they stated it clearly as Aug 26.

Security is what they are working on. It might say "Background" but after AIP it's: Medical, Criminality, Security. The more countries in your past, the longer it will take. Also, lately there has been an abnormal spike in Security Clearances, due to asylum seekers and refugee claimants from down south. That said, it can normally take 3-6 months to complete.

Your next step will be a DM in ECAS when they are finished the stage 2 stuff listed above. Then a landing interview email.

WRT OWP: it will take 4 months to get. That said, it is not required to have in order to land. If your AIP came in August, I would not worry about an OWP app until March 2018. Make sure you get it to their office before your IEC work permit expires. If you go that route, you can request a refund, if they have not processed the application. See my signature for the crash course (~1hr) on Spousal OWP's.

gc1600

Nov 8, 2017
Hello Profiler! Lol I was originally on IE when reading your reply - didnt even see your signature until I switch to Chrome. Damn Microsoft.

The hiccup with OWP is that - I currently hold a work permit (from Intl' Experience Canada) which will expire on Mar 25, 2018. I also have a job. Seeing that it takes 4 months for them to approve my OWP application under inland PR app I assume that the latest I should apply for the OWP is mid/late Noc, so that there won't be a period I will have my job but without a work permit - I'll read the OWP crash course and hopefully find more answers :)

lizololo

Jan 17, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2016
AOR Received.
31-08-2016, AOR2 - 16-09-2016

I'm in the same boat. August 2016 applicant. Got my SA and AIP in July, passed medical in July. Nothing since ... I did't go out of the country during the process and not sure what is taking so long. I just don't care anymore. Eventually it will come. My PGWP is till 2019...

In June I sent them a birth certificate of our son. And they acknowledged the reception in August. I thought that might have delayed the process but I see a lot of people on the forum having the same issue. They got AIP but still waiting for DM

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hello Profiler! Lol I was originally on IE when reading your reply - didnt even see your signature until I switch to Chrome. Damn Microsoft.

The hiccup with OWP is that - I currently hold a work permit (from Intl' Experience Canada) which will expire on Mar 25, 2018. I also have a job. Seeing that it takes 4 months for them to approve my OWP application under inland PR app I assume that the latest I should apply for the OWP is mid/late Noc, so that there won't be a period I will have my job but without a work permit - I'll read the OWP crash course and hopefully find more answers :)
I read that you had an IEC WP. You're current status is a worker. Therefore, if you apply for a OWP, you should still maintain that status (it's a hotly contested topic here) under implied status, providing that CIC gets the paperwork BEFORE your IEC expires. Given that you have an AIP, it's reasonable to assume you will become a PR -- so, my bet here is, there won't be an issue with respect to the overlap from IEC to implied status (meaning you should be able to continue working).

See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/validity/implied.asp

WRT IE: Yeah, MS discontinued the project two years or more ago. They've moved into something else.

gc1600

Nov 8, 2017
I'm in the same boat. August 2016 applicant. Got my SA and AIP in July, passed medical in July. Nothing since ... I did't go out of the country during the process and not sure what is taking so long. I just don't care anymore. Eventually it will come. My PGWP is till 2019...

In June I sent them a birth certificate of our son. And they acknowledged the reception in August. I thought that might have delayed the process but I see a lot of people on the forum having the same issue. They got AIP but still waiting for DM
I was going to say "good to know" but there isn't really anything good about it. It's one of those things that you know it will come but you are dying for it to come sooner. ugh. I guess I will have to dish out $255 for an OWP because security check takes time then. Unfortunately. but once the OWP is approved and knowing that I will have another two years on my WP then I guess I won't care about the wait either ;)

ngrrox

Feb 16, 2017

Similar to yours

Inland applicant, AOR Aug. 16, 2016, SA&AIP on June 21, 2017 then nothing since then... GCMS said medical and criminality have been passed.

Maybe we both have complicated background? :)