AOR Received.
29-10-016
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
08-12-2017
I checked ECAS and it says "Decision Made" on both the Sponsor's side and the Applicant side for Permanent Resident Application.

EDIT: GOT LANDING INTERVIEW LETTER! November 20 @ 2:00pm in Vancouver :)

Any tips and what to expect during this interview???
Congrats!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thank you for your insight Profiler.

So given my post above, regarding my conversation with CIC .. do you think I should wait for AIP? and DM? And try to get the charges withdrawn in court and fingerprints and photo destroyed after so we can have not so many problems?

Thanks
So, first off, I am not a Lawyer. I can only provide armchair commentary. So, take what I say with a grain.

Second, you will not succeed at petitioning to have the photo or fingerprints removed from CPIC. Unless she is a minor (and in that case, you have a much bigger problem). They continue to keep them forever for adults. Conviction or not.

Third, If CIC stated that you do not need to submit anything, then I would wait for them to ask again. It might be the customary PCC requests, that seem to happen every 6 months lately...

I would suggest trying to arrange a meeting with the Crown, and explain the situation to them. I would also try to plea with them. They might offer something. Or, hire a criminal lawyer, and have them try to work the charge for you.

Lastly, don't lie to CIC. If they explicitly ask about criminal history, tell the truth. Otherwise, you don't need to offer the information up front.

Last edited:

bella0930

Nov 9, 2017
I receive the both sides DM on September 20, 2017, now still waiting for the landing notice...is this too long?? I called the CIC and they said it will up to 7 weeks to finalize the landing appointment...
Is there someone's timeline similar to me?

Reactions: y2015

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I receive the both sides DM on September 20, 2017, now still waiting for the landing notice...is this too long?? I called the CIC and they said it will up to 7 weeks to finalize the landing appointment...
Is there someone's timeline similar to me?
1-8 weeks is common. So, you're not alone. What region are you in? Montreal and Etobicoke are the busiest offices. That said, I might be able to hazard a guess for you?

Reactions: sylvain1

bella0930

Nov 9, 2017
1-8 weeks is common. So, you're not alone. What region are you in? Montreal and Etobicoke are the busiest offices. That said, I might be able to hazard a guess for you?
Thank you for your reply! I live in Toronto Downtown so I think the landing office should be Etobicoke.. I just wait so long >.<

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thank you for your reply! I live in Toronto Downtown so I think the landing office should be Etobicoke.. I just wait so long >.<
No probs. Yeah usually Etobicoke for GTA. Though there *is* in fact a site in Scarberia -- they generally don't use it anymore for landings, it seems.

Sadly, you're in the time frame for that office... On the bright side: you have WAAYYY more time to plan your landing party!

dskeard

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
09-05-2016
AOR Received.
16-06-2016
Med's Request
30-03-2017
Med's Done....
19-04-2017 passed
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
Oh happy day!!!! :)
Got my PR card today in the mail, it took 56 days. Now I feel this process is really finished.
All is now good to go for our trip to see family in December.
The wealth of knowledge on this board is amazing.
Thank you to everyone who listened to me whine and cry about this whole frustrating process...I couldnt have done it with out you all....patience has been a great thing throughout, to those still in the process, it will come to an end.

bella0930

Nov 9, 2017
No probs. Yeah usually Etobicoke for GTA. Though there *is* in fact a site in Scarberia -- they generally don't use it anymore for landings, it seems.

Sadly, you're in the time frame for that office... On the bright side: you have WAAYYY more time to plan your landing party!
so tired of waiting for this landing...I expected to land after 2-3 weeks of Dm...
Thank you again~!

Reactions: profiler

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Oh happy day!!!! :)
Got my PR card today in the mail, it took 56 days. Now I feel this process is really finished.
All is now good to go for our trip to see family in December.
The wealth of knowledge on this board is amazing.
Thank you to everyone who listened to me whine and cry about this whole frustrating process...I couldnt have done it with out you all....patience has been a great thing throughout, to those still in the process, it will come to an end.
Congrats! Time to escape before the snow flies!

Reactions: dskeard

dskeard

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
09-05-2016
AOR Received.
16-06-2016
Med's Request
30-03-2017
Med's Done....
19-04-2017 passed
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
Congrats! Time to escape before the snow flies!
Thanks!!
Ha! Thats not gonna happen, supposed to get some Saturday, its just the beginning of a long winter to come here, lol. I say by the time we leave mid-December there will be at least a foot down already. Thats alright, escaping for a month in the sun and coming home with more snow on the ground will be worth it.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thanks!!
Ha! Thats not gonna happen, supposed to get some Saturday, its just the beginning of a long winter to come here, lol. I say by the time we leave mid-December there will be at least a foot down already. Thats alright, escaping for a month in the sun and coming home with more snow on the ground will be worth it.
I never understood sun worshipers ;).
Looks like for some around here, there might be some snow inbound in the next hour or two. In SWO, we have a "Special Weather Statement" -- flurries by the start of tonight's commute home, and will dump lots of snow overnight; complicating tomorrow's commute. All at -10C. They say we will jump back to + digits again by beginning of the week -- but -- no one likes the first snow :(

dskeard

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
09-05-2016
AOR Received.
16-06-2016
Med's Request
30-03-2017
Med's Done....
19-04-2017 passed
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
I never understood sun worshipers ;).
Looks like for some around here, there might be some snow inbound in the next hour or two. In SWO, we have a "Special Weather Statement" -- flurries by the start of tonight's commute home, and will dump lots of snow overnight; complicating tomorrow's commute. All at -10C. They say we will jump back to + digits again by beginning of the week -- but -- no one likes the first snow :(
Not really much of a sun worshiper, but I will be able to handle being out by the pool with drinks without a winter coat on.
the first snow is the best snow to me :) I get excited like a little kid, lol
Hopefully tonights/tomorrows commute wont be too bad -- be safe

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Not really much of a sun worshiper, but I will be able to handle being out by the pool with drinks without a winter coat on.
the first snow is the best snow to me :) I get excited like a little kid, lol
Hopefully tonights/tomorrows commute wont be too bad -- be safe
We'll be fine. > 38 years of the white stuff has yet to claim me .... one more won't hurt :)

Have a safe trip home -- and -- see you in the citizenship threads in a couple years :)!

Fatih123

Star Member
Jun 3, 2017
Dear friends
I got AIP and SA in jun so since that day no news.last time I called cic still they checking security check(April 2017 started )

So anyone give me some advice what I should do ?

Thank you