+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

dok

Apr 20, 2014
Hello members, I was just going through my GCMS notes I ordered last month. There is a written under the ASSOCIATIONS. Under the ORGANIZATIONS & ENTITIES: 1, the name is: New FC OB Files and sub activity description type: New FC OB Files. The reason is stated as: other, and other reason description stated as: member. Does anyone knows what this means on GCMS notes? Thank you for helping.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hello members, I was just going through my GCMS notes I ordered last month. There is a written under the ASSOCIATIONS. Under the ORGANIZATIONS & ENTITIES: 1, the name is: New FC OB Files and sub activity description type: New FC OB Files. The reason is stated as: other, and other reason description stated as: member. Does anyone knows what this means on GCMS notes? Thank you for helping.
I don't recommend GCMS notes for this reason. When people find stuff on their file, they get worried....

FC = Family Class
OB = Just a guess here, but that's the typical nomenclature used at CIC for "Operational Bulletin"

When did you apply?

dok

Apr 20, 2014
I don't recommend GCMS notes for this reason. When people find stuff on their file, they get worried....

FC = Family Class
OB = Just a guess here, but that's the typical nomenclature used at CIC for "Operational Bulletin"

When did you apply?
I am applied in December 2016 using the new applicant kit. the GCMS notes was received in September, but didn't really pay attention to this and was just going through again and saw this. Also the part about the security screening is being erased. I can see it clearly. I already got AIP.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I am applied in December 2016 using the new applicant kit. the GCMS notes was received in September, but didn't really pay attention to this and was just going through again and saw this. Also the part about the security screening is being erased. I can see it clearly. I already got AIP.
So the note is likely because you used the new kit. Seeing the security details disappear is normal. Sounds fine to me.

dok

Apr 20, 2014
So the note is likely because you used the new kit. Seeing the security details disappear is normal. Sounds fine to me.
You are right. In most cases the GCMS notes is not necessary to apply. Like I just wanted to know the security screening status, but being erased. Just going to wait... Thanks anyway

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
You are right. In most cases the GCMS notes is not necessary to apply. Like I just wanted to know the security screening status, but being erased. Just going to wait... Thanks anyway
You bet.
That's on purpose. You won't get anything from CIC regarding it.

Reactions: dok

ihopethisworksout

Apr 11, 2016
Had the landing interview in Etobicoke today for reference to others:
  • Waited approx. an hour past our scheduled time so come with plenty of extra time in your day.
  • Questions asked were:
    • Last port of entry into Canada?
    • Date of last entry into Canada?
    • Do you have any kids?
    • First entry into Canada?
  • Checked mine and my sponsor's drivers licence for matching address.
  • Checked my passport.
  • Received PR.
  • Received new SIN.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Had the landing interview in Etobicoke today for reference to others:
  • Waited approx. an hour past our scheduled time so come with plenty of extra time in your day.
  • Questions asked were:
    • Last port of entry into Canada?
    • Date of last entry into Canada?
    • Do you have any kids?
    • First entry into Canada?
  • Checked mine and my sponsor's drivers licence for matching address.
  • Checked my passport.
  • Received PR.
  • Received new SIN.
Congrats!

s!nful

May 3, 2014
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to share that I did my landing interview in Saskatoon on October 23rd. All went well and the lady immigration officer was super courteous and polite. Entire process took about 15 mins. Now its just another 61 days to get the PR card. Best wishes to everyone still awaiting completion of their process and my gratitude to the members who assist everyone with their share of wisdom and knowledge. Keep up the good work!!!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to share that I did my landing interview in Saskatoon on October 23rd. All went well and the lady immigration officer was super courteous and polite. Entire process took about 15 mins. Now its just another 61 days to get the PR card. Best wishes to everyone still awaiting completion of their process and my gratitude to the members who assist everyone with their share of wisdom and knowledge. Keep up the good work!!!
Congrats!

InlandImm

Oct 24, 2017
Hi,
Applicant for Sep 2016, AOR recieved Oct 3rd. After looking the replies on this forum there are people who applied around/ my time I feel like CIC forgot me. Automated system says that my medicals has been passed as well as CIC agent but my ecas just shows medicals recieved. No SA, No AIP yet. Please advise.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi,
Applicant for Sep 2016, AOR recieved Oct 3rd. After looking the replies on this forum there are people who applied around/ my time I feel like CIC forgot me. Automated system says that my medicals has been passed as well as CIC agent but my ecas just shows medicals recieved. No SA, No AIP yet. Please advise.
They didn't forget you. It's easy to think so, but it's not true.

They have slowed down as of late, and I suspect it's because of pending security checks. You are in the timeframe that they are claiming to be processing, so it could be any time now!

Reactions: sylvain1

InlandImm

Oct 24, 2017
They didn't forget you. It's easy to think so, but it's not true.

They have slowed down as of late, and I suspect it's because of pending security checks. You are in the timeframe that they are claiming to be processing, so it could be any time now!
Thank you for the reply @profiler. I more question CIC didnt ask me any cohabitation documents or additional proof of relationship because I already provided a lot while submitting my app. But recently due to personal issues with my mother my wife's is not living with us past few months. But we still in genuine relationship and are together but my only point is will take this point in consideration as its our personal issue.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thank you for the reply @profiler. I more question CIC didnt ask me any cohabitation documents or additional proof of relationship because I already provided a lot while submitting my app. But recently due to personal issues with my mother my wife's is not living with us past few months. But we still in genuine relationship and are together but my only point is will take this point in consideration as its our personal issue.
I am sorry to hear.

CIC requires evidence to prove where your wife is living. If her proveable address is the same as yours, then there is likely to be an issue. A word of warning here: Your spouse must reside with you during processing, under the spousal sponsorship rules. There was a condition that also required at least 2 years after the PR was granted, but this has since been repealed.

InlandImm

Oct 24, 2017
I am sorry to hear.

CIC requires evidence to prove where your wife is living. If her proveable address is the same as yours, then there is likely to be an issue. A word of warning here: Your spouse must reside with you during processing, under the spousal sponsorship rules. There was a condition that also required at least 2 years after the PR was granted, but this has since been repealed.
But CIC havnt contacted me yet. Also due to my parent's condition my mother has gone through surgey and they both are old. My wife visists to help with some chores and I mostly have to stay with my parents. But I stay with my wife too, its just that things are critical right now and we are working on it. I recently across this forum decided to post my concern here. There are so many nice people who help each other in this forum. Thank you so much for help guys. Its a bit stressful right now.