+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

Gabrielle32

Jun 27, 2012
Hello Everyone,

Im june 2016 applicant here.. And i did my medical last june 2017 and they got it already. I also submit my new pp copy and marriage certificate. I just wondrin' what happen next as i am a bit worried.. Tnx

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hello Everyone,

Im june 2016 applicant here.. And i did my medical last june 2017 and they got it already. I also submit my new pp copy and marriage certificate. I just wondrin' what happen next as i am a bit worried.. Tnx
You're likely waiting on a security screening to be completed. Once it's finished, they will give you their decision and a landing appointment.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thank you profiler.. Normally how long it will takes for that..
There is no normal amount of time. Some are done in hours, some in months. Totally depends on your past, and asylum seekers and refugees cases.

Should be any time now.

Reactions: sylvain1

ngrrox

Feb 16, 2017
Profiler, one more question if you don't mind. In the request for FBI Clearance, it says "In addition, please account for the period of time that you lived in the USA." As she has never lived there, is a simple letter explaining that along with the FBI information enough? I am guessing the word "lived" is just generic for anyone who spend a total of 6 months or more in the US since the age of 18.
Also, we now have Decision Made on the sponsor side and we are reviewing your eligibility on the applicant notes in mycic. We just need to provide the FBI info and the cohabitation proofs, both will be sent next week. How long would you guess to complete the process?
Similar to my situation. My total living time in US is 4.2 months, I attached a letter summarizing my past entry and departure to and from US.. I also provided all passport stamps and boarding passes copies. GCMS notes said US police certificate not required as applicant provides evidences showing total months spending in US is <= 6months. :):)

seraphim09

May 12, 2017
Hi Everyone,

Happy Monday! Just saw DM on my husband's side for sponsorship approval. Here's our timeline so far:

Application Received: October 28, 2016
AOR: November 21, 2016
Medicals + Background check: Upfront
OWP: June 7, 2017
SA: October 13, 2017

Any idea how long the next steps may take? We are in Toronto, ON so would our office be Mississauga or Etobicoke?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi Everyone,

Happy Monday! Just saw DM on my husband's side for sponsorship approval. Here's our timeline so far:

Application Received: October 28, 2016
AOR: November 21, 2016
Medicals + Background check: Upfront
OWP: June 7, 2017
SA: October 13, 2017

Any idea how long the next steps may take? We are in Toronto, ON so would our office be Mississauga or Etobicoke?
Congrats! CPC-M is a Case Processing Centre, not an "office". You'd likely be landing at Etobicoke, or potentially Scarberia.

If they had your case, they will try to process as much of it as they can. So, does the PA side in ECAS say "in process"? If not, you might see a document/medical request any time now..

seraphim09

May 12, 2017
Congrats! CPC-M is a Case Processing Centre, not an "office". You'd likely be landing at Etobicoke, or potentially Scarberia.

If they had your case, they will try to process as much of it as they can. So, does the PA side in ECAS say "in process"? If not, you might see a document/medical request any time now..
Ah yes, Case Processing Centre*!

Thanks Profiler!
On PA side I see "Application Received" on the main page and when I click on it, it says "Medical results have been received." I've been seeing this update for the last 2 weeks or so.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Ah yes, Case Processing Centre*!

Thanks Profiler!
On PA side I see "Application Received" on the main page and when I click on it, it says "Medical results have been received." I've been seeing this update for the last 2 weeks or so.
Did they email you your AOR letter? If so, then you could see an AIP any time :). They might even send you a DM. It's hard to say, when we don't know what they are working on (I would say it's either at the AIP/relationship validation step, OR, you're just waiting for a security screening to land).

seraphim09

May 12, 2017
Did they email you your AOR letter? If so, then you could see an AIP any time :). They might even send you a DM. It's hard to say, when we don't know what they are working on (I would say it's either at the AIP/relationship validation step, OR, you're just waiting for a security screening to land).
Humm they had sent an automated system-generated letter on November 28, 2016 addressed to me acknowledging receipt and giving me a unique file number. That is the AOR, correct?

I just hope I don't have to send in new police checks since it was so difficult to get one of my clearance reports from the country I previously lived in without me or any family members being present there and I really don't want to go through that again :(

Fingers crossed!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Humm they had sent an automated system-generated letter on November 28, 2016 addressed to me acknowledging receipt and giving me a unique file number. That is the AOR, correct?

I just hope I don't have to send in new police checks since it was so difficult to get one of my clearance reports from the country I previously lived in without me or any family members being present there and I really don't want to go through that again :(

Fingers crossed!
Yes, I am trying to determine if you should be checking email, or myCIC.

Regarding PCC, if you have been in Canada since the PCC was issued (meaning you didn't go back), then it would be fine.

seraphim09

May 12, 2017
Yes, I am trying to determine if you should be checking email, or myCIC.

Regarding PCC, if you have been in Canada since the PCC was issued (meaning you didn't go back), then it would be fine.
Oh phew, glad i won't have to go through that PCC process again (I haven't travelled out of Canada since 2015).

I do have a lawyer handling our file and they get all the email communication first, I just check myCIC from time to time to see if anything has changed.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Oh phew, glad i won't have to go through that PCC process again (I haven't travelled out of Canada since 2015).

I do have a lawyer handling our file and they get all the email communication first, I just check myCIC from time to time to see if anything has changed.
If you have a lawyer, you cannot check myCIC -- only ECAS. So, without more info, I can only suggest you are near the end, most likely.

rganesh

Star Member
Jul 22, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Nov 2016
Hey Guys,
My wife (principal applicant) just received a call saying they were calling from Etobicoke Office asking us to come to their office on Oct 31 with all the docs. They also said that since her medicals would be expiring soon, they want to meet before the expiry date.
They also said that they'll be sending us an email about this with all the other info eg. documents requirement, etc shortly.
I'm now worried if this is a interview or landing appointment. ECAS and GCKey doesnt show any updates.
I'm a Nov 15 applicant.

Any info or if anyone has been through like this before ?