AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hi everyone, just to report that i've gotten SA and AIP..... I'm a September 2016 Applicant.

Also my medical would have expired, but they granted me an extension. If your medical has expired within a month or two, even if you get a medical request from CIC, i suggest you call and find out if you really need the medical before you pay for it. ( I got a request to redo medical, an hour after I did the medical I got an email to say that they have extended my medical and sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused :(:()
Congratulations! As they extended your medical, I would guess they are ready for DM. Check your ECAS tomorrow morning.

Reactions: TempestD

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
I called cic today and they said that I was approved yesterday so I believe that's AIP anyone knows what's the next step and how long is it gonna take?
Thanks everyone
Check ECAS using the sponsor information and check if you see decision made on one side only or on both sides.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
As for as proof of cohabitation I have collected the following:
- Lease agreements in both of our names
- Cable bill in my name with current address
- Joint bank account statements in both names (two banks)
- Credit card statements in both names
- Her driver's license with current address
- Hydro bill in both names
- Some online purchase receipts in her name with current address

Is that enough?
If you have a driving licence as well, join a copy.
Notice of assessment from CRA for both of you showing the same address.

Regarding the bank statements and credit cards, send some old ones (if you have) dating from when you applied and some more recent to prove your cohabitation over time.

That should be enough in my opinion.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hi All,

June 2016 Applicants here, just wanted share our timeline.

AOR - June 2016
Medical, Police Certs, and Further Proof of Cohabitation Requests - March 2017
AIP and SA - August 2017
DM - October 2017
Landing - October 2017 (in two weeks time).

Thanks to all who have answered our questions in the past, and to all who keep this forum going (particularly Profiler and Sylvian!) - it's been a huge source of info and answers!

Best of luck to all!
(PS if anyone has examples of questions asked at the landing interview that would be appreciated)
Congratulations! Don't worry about questions, they are not a test. The information is already on your CoPR, you just need to confirm it.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Not only Ottawa... Same for Etobicoke - I got my DM also on September 25th and no news. But someone else here on this forum with DM from September 25th already has an appointment scheduled in Etobicoke. So I don't know what they're doing.
Etobicoke is known to be slower / busier, but you should get news very soon now. I'm a bit more surprised for Ottawa, I thought they were kind of fast.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Etobicoke is known to be slower / busier, but you should get news very soon now. I'm a bit more surprised for Ottawa, I thought they were kind of fast.
Just musing here... Maybe MTL refugee overflow?

Reactions: rizaki

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
I don't have a representative and don't know such tricks. Can you tell me ?
Put as little information as the site allows you to do.
Put 2 as the number of applicants (if there are no dependent sponsored)
Enter the country of origin, but for the city just press the space bar once.
Leave the passport info blank.

That worked for us, I hope it will work for you.

Reactions: profiler

Sam8119

Aug 26, 2016
Fellas here, any input on NAFTA? What do you think? Will the deal fall apart? Will Loonie suffer?.# Thoughts-right-now

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Fellas here, any input on NAFTA? What do you think? Will the deal fall apart? Will Loonie suffer?.# Thoughts-right-now
Very hard to predict so far. But for sure, U.S. negotiators are putting more and more poison pills to both Canada and Mexico. However we are talking about very significant money, more than a billion per day just between Canada and US, so whoever is president, one cannot simply kill such a deal without significantly affecting the economy of his country. And Canada, in my opinion, is playing its cards well. In addition to the negotiation table, they are meeting several influential senators and member of the congress. Trump might try to kill nafta, I'm not sure that the Senate and the congress will let it happen.

Regarding our currency, no doubts that it would be affected if nafta is killed, but the U.S. dollar would also be affected. And one good thing that Canada did over the last decade was to sign trade agreements with others, like with Columbia, trans-pacific, European Union. Our economy still depends a lot on the U.S., but much less than before.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Very hard to predict so far. But for sure, U.S. negotiators are putting more and more poison pills to both Canada and Mexico. However we are talking about very significant money, more than a billion per day just between Canada and US, so whoever is president, one cannot simply kill such a deal without significantly affecting the economy of his country. And Canada, in my opinion, is playing its cards well. In addition to the negotiation table, they are meeting several influential senators and member of the congress. Trump might try to kill nafta, I'm not sure that the Senate and the congress will let it happen.

Regarding our currency, no doubts that it would be affected if nafta is killed, but the U.S. dollar would also be affected. And one good thing that Canada did over the last decade was to sign trade agreements with others, like with Columbia, trans-pacific, European Union. Our economy still depends a lot on the U.S., but much less than before.
@Sam8119

You missed China! ;). There is also a movement called CANZUK. I'll let you google that. We have moved all our eggs around the world. Will it hurt? Absolutely. Can we do it? Absolutely.

If the question was to me, and we are finally permitted to exercise our rights here WRT political thought, I'd say there is a significant chance it's going to die.

The US has made unrealistic demands to attempt to kill NAFTA. Example: they want something like 80% NA content from the auto sector to be made in NA. And 65% or something of that must be American. Including steel. Another is that every Canadian Government procurement, the contract must be awarded to an American company; to "offset Canada's smaller population". Access to protected markets, like dairy, etc.

The other side of the table has also made demands. I'm not sure the Prez is smart enough to catch on to what's happening, though. Example: Canada has a problem with labour standards in both Mexico and US. They have lower standards than we do, so they can make things cheaper -- making it harder to compete. So, on it's face, things like minimum wage, max hours per week, etc looks fine. However, look deeper -- health care is also something subsidized by employers (or is by taxes, each province is different). The Senate caught on -- senators have introduced a bill to correct employment standards (and some have wrote that they were embarrassed that Canadian negotiators had to tell them of the problem).

Is it dead, yeah maybe. But that introduces a YUGE problem. Canada is America's largest source of secure energy. Electricity, Oil, Gas, Uranium, etc. NAFTA regulates that. No NAFTA, well, you can do the math here.

Mexico and Canada are committed to the deal. They will persist, even if US backs out. UK mused this week that, they might want in to mitigate Brexit.

Take it all with a grain. Chrystia Freeland is on the job. She clenched the CETA deal, even when all thought hope was lost. Additionally, Ontario alone trades nearly $1bln/ day with just the US (more than 20 states list Ontario as top import/export partner). Add the other provinces, and we are up to Justin's figure of ~2.5bln USD / day trade. The Ways and Means committee in Congress does possess the ability to torpedo Trump ending NAFTA -- and they side 99.995% (just made up a number, because it's so close to total) with Justin's comments to them from Wednesday. Also important to note: Mexico and Canada entered into a pact to fight Trump trying to end this. Presently, Mexico definately seems to be taking cues from Canada's team, and after they certainly decompress together to compare notes.

Last edited:

ripper44

Nov 24, 2016
Hey guys, I have a question re: proof of cohabitation. My wife uses my last name for day to day stuff, gym memberships, etc. Can I use some of those even though CIC has her maiden name? I would write a cover letter explaining. Her first name is very unique, so there wouldn't be any doubt its her.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hey guys, I have a question re: proof of cohabitation. My wife uses my last name for day to day stuff, gym memberships, etc. Can I use some of those even though CIC has her maiden name? I would write a cover letter explaining. Her first name is very unique, so there wouldn't be any doubt its her.
Just include a simple letter explaining what you've sent, and for each explain it's your last name? Seems easy to me ;)

Reactions: sylvain1