+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

ivan28

Star Member
Nov 14, 2014
I don't know whats taking Ottawa to have our landing scheduled. DM since September 25. We thought it will be scheduled really quick. And this week is about to end and still nothing. Sigh! :(

Reactions: rizaki

rizaki

Star Member
Jun 11, 2017
I don't know whats taking Ottawa to have our landing scheduled. DM since September 25. We thought it will be scheduled really quick. And this week is about to end and still nothing. Sigh! :(
I'm thinking the same.... we had DM only on Sponsor side like 5 months ago and since then nothing

we are April 2016 applicant, still waiting. looking less and less likely every week that goes by that this will be done before 2018 :(

ripper44

Nov 24, 2016
Hello Profiler, I have a question for you if you don't mind. Today we got a mail asking for more information. Specifically, evidence of co-habitation. This seems odd as we have been married for 6 years and have two kids but not an issue, we can provide plenty of it. The second item is: FBI Clearance: If your residence period in the USA has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original FBI clearance certificate. In addition, please account for the period of time that you lived in the USA. This must be received at this office by: 2017/11/12

I am not sure what to do here, we didn't live in the US. Do they want FBI checks for tourists? Is that something the FBI would even do?

Any advice would be very helpful..

Thanks

Viiiize

Oct 13, 2017
Hi i am new on the forum and i was wondering if you did try going without appointment to ircc ottawa the 2nd or 4th Tuesday of the month for your landing. I saw that on other forums and i don't know if the rules have changed

ivan28

Star Member
Nov 14, 2014
Hi i am new on the forum and i was wondering if you did try going without appointment to ircc ottawa the 2nd or 4th Tuesday of the month for your landing. I saw that on other forums and i don't know if the rules have changed

i am not sure if that is possible, actually its the first time i heard about it.

TempestD

Jan 28, 2014
App. Filed.......
29-09-2016
AOR Received.
29-10-016
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
08-12-2017
Hi everyone, just to report that i've gotten SA and AIP..... I'm a September 2016 Applicant.

Also my medical would have expired, but they granted me an extension. If your medical has expired within a month or two, even if you get a medical request from CIC, i suggest you call and find out if you really need the medical before you pay for it. ( I got a request to redo medical, an hour after I did the medical I got an email to say that they have extended my medical and sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused :(:()

Last edited:

meaningful1

Dec 9, 2016
London
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-16
AOR Received.
03-10-16
I actually miss school to be honest. Adulting sucks.
I can get u a pacifier!!!!
I personally was tired of these adults screaming at mio_O
Hell!!! Am now the one screaming lol
Only my tonsils hurts after lol
While am at it would u like a stroller? Automwted perhaps, or u want a pusher
Lol
Lol,
Have a breat weekend brother

Reactions: profiler

meaningful1

Dec 9, 2016
London
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-16
AOR Received.
03-10-16
Hi everyone, just to report that i've gotten SA and AIP..... I'm a September 2016 Applicant.

Also my medical would have expired, but they granted me an extension. If your medical has expired within a month or two, even if you get a medical request from CIC, i suggest you call and find out if you really need the medical before you pay for it. ( I got a request to redo medical, an hour after I did the medical I got an email to say that they have extended my medical and sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused :(:()
Fabulous way to go into the weekend,,, congrats!!
I got my PR card today as well so i have an idea of the feeling
Congrats

Marie_genial

Star Member
Jul 28, 2017
Alberta
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
June 27, 2016
Doc's Request.
June 06, 2017
AOR Received.
July 08, 2016
Med's Request
June 06,2017
Med's Done....
June 10,2017
Hello Profiler, I have a question for you if you don't mind. Today we got a mail asking for more information. Specifically, evidence of co-habitation. This seems odd as we have been married for 6 years and have two kids but not an issue, we can provide plenty of it. The second item is: FBI Clearance: If your residence period in the USA has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original FBI clearance certificate. In addition, please account for the period of time that you lived in the USA. This must be received at this office by: 2017/11/12

I am not sure what to do here, we didn't live in the US. Do they want FBI checks for tourists? Is that something the FBI would even do?

Any advice would be very helpful..

Thanks
Hello @ripper44, if you ever stayed in the US for up to six months even as a tourist then you have to provide FBI clearance. I did the clearance and I was also only a tourist in the USA. It was kinda easy for me to get the clearance.
I downloaded the form on CIC website, I found a notary public man who charged me around $35 to help get my fingerprint on the form nd he stamped it. Then I bought bank draft of $18(USA) and I mailed it to FBI and I got the result in about 2months. I advise you do it as quickly as possible so you can get it on time. Although you will still have to inform CIC before the expected date is passed that you may not get it in time and ask for more time.
I hope this helps, good luck.

Reactions: sylvain1

Engineer92

Sep 26, 2017
I called cic today and they said that I was approved yesterday so I believe that's AIP anyone knows what's the next step and how long is it gonna take?
Thanks everyone

ripper44

Nov 24, 2016
Hello @ripper44, if you ever stayed in the US for up to six months even as a tourist then you have to provide FBI clearance. I did the clearance and I was also only a tourist in the USA. It was kinda easy for me to get the clearance.
I downloaded the form on CIC website, I found a notary public man who charged me around $35 to help get my fingerprint on the form nd he stamped it. Then I bought bank draft of $18(USA) and I mailed it to FBI and I got the result in about 2months. I advise you do it as quickly as possible so you can get it on time. Although you will still have to inform CIC before the expected date is passed that you may not get it in time and ask for more time.
I hope this helps, good luck.
Thank you for the advice! I called a fingerprint agency here in Vancouver (the one that helped us before) and they said they can get it in two days. They say that the FBI copy is now a printed PDF file and that they give me the same one. He assures me it has been used many many times with zero issues, they seem to know that they are doing and get great reviews, so I hope he's right.

ripper44

Nov 24, 2016
As for as proof of cohabitation I have collected the following:
- Lease agreements in both of our names
- Cable bill in my name with current address
- Joint bank account statements in both names (two banks)
- Credit card statements in both names
- Her driver's license with current address
- Hydro bill in both names
- Some online purchase receipts in her name with current address

Is that enough?

TD1775

Apr 13, 2016
Hi All,

June 2016 Applicants here, just wanted share our timeline.

AOR - June 2016
Medical, Police Certs, and Further Proof of Cohabitation Requests - March 2017
AIP and SA - August 2017
DM - October 2017
Landing - October 2017 (in two weeks time).

Thanks to all who have answered our questions in the past, and to all who keep this forum going (particularly Profiler and Sylvian!) - it's been a huge source of info and answers!

Best of luck to all!
(PS if anyone has examples of questions asked at the landing interview that would be appreciated)