+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

FAWEZANA

Sep 19, 2017
anyone landed in Montreal recently?
i landed a month ago, but still haven't receive anything really. i went to service canada and got my permanent sin but that's it! i was told pr card comes in mail 6-8 weeks and ill get health card 2-3 months. however i was told i would receive in mail 2-3 weeks something concerning my health card(i thought this would be a temporary one).
at first they told me to send a hydro bill(or utility) to prove address and i did but got in mail yesterday saying the hydro bill didn't prove(wasn't good enough) although it had everything on it so first thing this morning i sent a bell bill instead with all separate(internet, home phone, and cable)
so question is....anyone with knowledge of process after Montreal landing? any insight!!
Forgive me, I am following your question with another one.
My wife is expecting to land in Montreal. Could you please share your timeline and the landing process ( letters, office location ...etc.
Thank you

Ylajali

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
App. Filed.......
2017-04-11
AOR Received.
2017-05-04
Med's Request
2017-11-15
i landed a month ago, but still haven't receive anything really. i went to service canada and got my permanent sin but that's it! i was told pr card comes in mail 6-8 weeks and ill get health card 2-3 months. however i was told i would receive in mail 2-3 weeks something concerning my health card(i thought this would be a temporary one).
at first they told me to send a hydro bill(or utility) to prove address and i did but got in mail yesterday saying the hydro bill didn't prove(wasn't good enough) although it had everything on it so first thing this morning i sent a bell bill instead with all separate(internet, home phone, and cable)
so question is....anyone with knowledge of process after Montreal landing? any insight!!
For RAMQ after an agent receives your document they will send you a confirmation letter with you eligibility dates or a new request if don't dont accept your Bell bill for some reason.

f0rni

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
Category........
FAM
AOR Received.
24-08-2016
Med's Request
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
07-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-09-2017
Did anybody that became a Permanent Resident on the beginning of September receive PR Card yet?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Reactions: f0rni

f0rni

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
Category........
FAM
AOR Received.
24-08-2016
Med's Request
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
07-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-09-2017
Reactions: profiler

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Yea, I know that this is what application processing times are. I thought I`d ask because it happen to me that CIC processed my visitor extension and work permit a bit faster. Thanks for a quick reply @profiler!
Most PR Cards are being issued just at the 61 days.

SaqlainSyed

Sep 29, 2017
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
03-02-2016
Doc's Request.
07-09-2017
Med's Request
28-08-2017
Med's Done....
29-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-10-2017
Have you tried calling?

You might be able to convince the call centre staff to locate the receipts submitted. They are attached to the file (at least the serial number for the receipt is). Worst case: pay again and ask for a refund on the old one (you can request GCMS notes to get the serial number). If the call centre can locate it, maybe they can email it to you. No guarantees here, but it's the only other avenue.
I just called today, although they couldnt provide me with the receipt, they gave me the payment number and receipt number and told me to give that and they will pull it up and they gave me a email address to email with the receipt number to see if they can provide it within 10 business days. so that worked out well. thank you so much :)

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I just called today, although they couldnt provide me with the receipt, they gave me the payment number and receipt number and told me to give that and they will pull it up and they gave me a email address to email with the receipt number to see if they can provide it within 10 business days. so that worked out well. thank you so much :)
Here's to hoping that can be cleared up!

Reactions: SaqlainSyed

Ravi_GY

Jul 21, 2017
App. Filed.......
09-3016
Just got an email from my rep..Looks like AIP.

Timeline so far

App receieved : Sept 30,2016
SA Letter : Dated Sept 20,2017
AIP Letter : Dated Oct 6th,2017
Medical Passed

Ecas Sponsor side shows DM( for abt 1 week now) and on applicant side shows APP Received..Hopefully i get landing letter soon.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Just got an email from my rep..Looks like AIP.

Timeline so far

App receieved : Sept 30,2016
SA Letter : Dated Sept 20,2017
AIP Letter : Dated Oct 6th,2017
Medical Passed

Ecas Sponsor side shows DM( for abt 1 week now) and on applicant side shows APP Received..Hopefully i get landing letter soon.
AIP will say "You meet eligibility to apply for Permanent Residence..." If it says that, awesome -- congrats!

rizaki

Star Member
Jun 11, 2017

what number did you call? How many tries did it take to get through? I have had no luck getting through to an agent, always a recording

April 2016 applicant here... still waiting

Reactions: SaqlainSyed

Sigurjot

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
what number did you call? How many tries did it take to get through? I have had no luck getting through to an agent, always a recording

Try calling exact 8 am .. the time they open .. your call will surely go through.. try on Thursday and Friday.. those are least busy days

Reactions: rizaki

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
If you go directly to the RAMQ office, the sponsor can sign a declaration confirming the address of the applicant; this is what we did with my wife.

For the beginning of you coverage, it should start on the first of a month, maximum 3 months after you established in Quebec province. By that, they mean the date of your AIP or the date of your landing. But you won't receive any card before you start to be covered. If you start to be covered, let's say on November 1st, you will get the card between November 5-10. On site, they should have given you a letter stating that you will start to be covered from a specific date.

Reactions: profiler

SaqlainSyed

Sep 29, 2017
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
03-02-2016
Doc's Request.
07-09-2017
Med's Request
28-08-2017
Med's Done....
29-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-10-2017

I keep calling and always its the third or the fourth time i get connected and usually takes 35 mins to get connected. 8882422100 is the number.

Reactions: rizaki