IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hello friends, I got this message in MyCIC, like a letter just couple of hours ago:

Dear XXXXXXXXX XXXXXX:

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements...

My status at MyCIC hasn't change, eligibility says - application in progress. ECAS remains the same: sponsor side in process. Applicant side: application received.

I received a document request on relationship a month ago.

I applied on December 20, 2016 and AOR received on January 19, 2017.

Anyone knows what this letter means? Sponsor hasn't received any email yet. In July 2017 when I received my GCMS notes, it states criminal record passed, medical passed, eligibility in process, security - seems like a file was created but never carried forward. Officer's note on admissability include criminal (police reports, RCMP), medical and nothing on security checks. Any idea on what I should expect? Thanks
Congrats on AIP.

Reactions: dok

masouleht

Star Member
Apr 8, 2017
Salaam masouleht, Yes decision made on the sponsor side means SA.
You will not get AIP until they are satisfied with the proofs submitted that you are in a genuine relationship. So no AIP until you submit the additional proofs and that they are done reviewing them. For the additional proofs, I recommend reading the post on that subject by @profiler you can find the link in the signature of any of his posts.
Khodafes!
kheili mamnoon

Reactions: sylvain1

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

dok

Apr 20, 2014
First congratulations, this is your AIP. So CIC is satisfied with the additional proofs you sent that you are in a genuine relationship. Even if the sponsor hasn't received the letter, the sponsor is for sure already approved, because you cannot get AIP without the sponsor being approved. Check tomorrow morning ECAS, you will likely see decision made on the sponsor side.

Once your security checks will be completed, you'll get your DM and land soon after.

With your AIP letter, you can register to your province health insurance program.
Thank you, Sylvain1! They work on Saturdays too?

Reactions: sylvain1

TempestD

Jan 28, 2014
App. Filed.......
29-09-2016
AOR Received.
29-10-016
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
08-12-2017
yeah, they still seem to be on that path to take that much time too :( so much for the excitement they brought many of us with the announcements last year, just false hope :(
I didn't really have my hopes up because i applied before Dec 7, so I knew the old rules should apply to me. I got excited though when I saw others that applied before the rule change getting through. However, I always have it in the back of my mind , that the reality is I applied before the rule change so if I do get through before it's just a bonus!

It is a stressful process, but we just have to find ways to cope

Reactions: sylvain1 and rizaki

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Thank you, Sylvain1! They work on Saturdays too?
Sometimes yes, but ECAS often shows update the next morning.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hi Profiler , I checked ECAS today and it shows both decision made ..does this mean all are good ? Do I have to worry ... but how come I didn't receive any SA and AIP letter . Is this normal ? Hehe.
Congratulations! You are done! You can celebrate! DM on both sides mean you are done. You may or may not receive letters confirming SA, AIP, or even DM letter, or you might receive them with delays. Other have reported the same situation. But DM on both sides absolutely positive. Anyway, you already got your landing invitation if I'm not wrong, so you can celebrate even more!

Reactions: Bilando

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi Profiler , I checked ECAS today and it shows both decision made ..does this mean all are good ? Do I have to worry ... but how come I didn't receive any SA and AIP letter . Is this normal ? Hehe.
Typo in your email? Though their aging email system can be slow at times.

Congrats!

Reactions: Bilando

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I didn't really have my hopes up because i applied before Dec 7, so I knew the old rules should apply to me. I got excited though when I saw others that applied before the rule change getting through. However, I always have it in the back of my mind , that the reality is I applied before the rule change so if I do get through before it's just a bonus!

It is a stressful process, but we just have to find ways to cope
That's the best way to deal. Don't expect to land in 12, but you probably will.

The point of putting that up is, it seems people forget that CIC clearly stated then, and now, that before Dec 7 2016 is 26 mos. Many (most) will be 12 mos. But they did state 26.

Under promise, over deliver.

rosa_landaverde

Star Member
Feb 14, 2017
@Marie_genial I sent the information they requested by mail this time since this is what they requested this time. Also, on the online system it saids no interview required for me and my spouse but that they are waiting for the documents i just sent for final decision. I just hope the officer realizes he made a mistake.

meaningful1

Dec 9, 2016
London
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-16
AOR Received.
03-10-16
If this question is for me, I would answer it with two others:
Do you know how many cases are filed every year? How many of those do you know about?

Pretty simple answer: They get about 75,000 filings per year in the Family Class alone. How many do you think you know of (using all sources)? Maybe 1,000 at best? It's highly likely it doesn't appear as they are moving, but they are. They might be working on Outland cases, or cases you simply have zero visibility to, because people don't know about the forum, or have used lawyers, etc.

At the beginning of this year, They still had not processed about half of 2015, if I was to guess. Maybe 3/4's. To date, they are almost landing people at 12 months from the date they received their applications. Granted, this might not be everyone. But a vast, vast majority. Some cases require document requests (this will no doubt slow your file down), or updates to medicals (also slows it down). Lastly, they have been slowed up by the excessive border jumping (this requires more security screenings than CSIS plans for WRT staffing levels).

There are several who post here, and are persistently negative. It's easy to feed into that ideology. It's actually not helpful for your sanity, because, the reality is, you'll land soon enough. So, try to keep your head up, and keep positive. I do know it's hard to wait, because my wife did go through it too. But like everyone else, she landed already (13.5 mos -- because of a 1 month delay WRT expired medical). There are others that still lurk here too, like @sylvain1 or @meaningful1 that can validate what I have said.

You'll get there.
That's true. . . very true