+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

Virk7

Feb 16, 2016
Hi
I received my AIP on 22nd of june after that nothing so could you please tell me how does the process take place after AIP and how long
Thank you

SaqlainSyed

Sep 29, 2017
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
03-02-2016
Doc's Request.
07-09-2017
Med's Request
28-08-2017
Med's Done....
29-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-10-2017
Hello Guys,

I have a question in regards to our application. We applied for our application inland spouse in feb 2016. we attached our application to our account in mycic but never got the update for medicals which were requested on may 28th. we called in august to have them give us an update as it was so long and were told there was a medical request sent 3 months ago which we never got, so they documented everything and sent us another one on 28th august. we got the medical done and a week after they asked for some documents to prove that me and my wife live together and also to do a fingerprints RMCP criminal check, which we got done and now the CIC call centre agent confirmed they have received all of the documents plus the criminal check from the RMCP.

in short, Guys do you have any idea how long will it take to process our application further before they make the decision as it seems like its been an awful long time and an unnecessary delay because of their own MyCIC not updating for me.

Any replies in regard would be helpful.

thanks!
Saqlain

sweet_mahsa

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Hi
I received my AIP on 22nd of june after that nothing so could you please tell me how does the process take place after AIP and how long
Thank you
it can be anywhere from days to 6 months, based on recent trends. For me its been 3 months today and still nothing.

Reactions: rizaki

y2015

Sep 28, 2017
how long it is taking the appointment for the interview in the Etobicoke. I was approved by my IAP on 19 September 2017

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
how long it is taking the appointment for the interview in the Etobicoke. I was approved by my IAP on 19 September 2017
You need to get a DM (decision made) after AIP. From DM, you get the landing appointment in 1-8 weeks for Etobicoke, but from what I read most are in 6-8 weeks.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hi
Thank you
It can be as fast as few days to as long as several months. It's very difficult to give you a timeline. Most of the time, security checks are what is holding up. If so, the timeline varies a lot depending on the cooperation of your country of origin with CSIS and CSIS partners.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hello Guys,

I have a question in regards to our application. We applied for our application inland spouse in feb 2016. we attached our application to our account in mycic but never got the update for medicals which were requested on may 28th. we called in august to have them give us an update as it was so long and were told there was a medical request sent 3 months ago which we never got, so they documented everything and sent us another one on 28th august. we got the medical done and a week after they asked for some documents to prove that me and my wife live together and also to do a fingerprints RMCP criminal check, which we got done and now the CIC call centre agent confirmed they have received all of the documents plus the criminal check from the RMCP.

in short, Guys do you have any idea how long will it take to process our application further before they make the decision as it seems like its been an awful long time and an unnecessary delay because of their own MyCIC not updating for me.

Any replies in regard would be helpful.

thanks!
Saqlain
So early September they asked for proofs of relationship and you sent proofs soon after. It will normally take 45-60 days to get attached to your file. And then an agent must pick up your file again to evaluate your additional proofs. So my guess would be that you will not get news until early November. Then if your security checks are done by that time (different from simple background checks), then you could get DM very soon after they check your file.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Any idea how long it takes to get AIP or DM after getting SA
For most people SA and AIP come almost simultaneously. SA is sent to the sponsor (generally by email) and AIP is sent to the principal applicant by email and in the linked mycic account. If you used a representative, communications are sent to him.
Were you asked to send additional proofs for relationship and/or cohabitation?

Reactions: masouleht

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Our background stuff took a while as well, not as long as yours mind you. It is just really frustrating that they set a timeline of 12 months. You jump through hoop after hoop, and then when you think I am at the end now...not much longer to go- your hope soars and then boom! brick wall. It seems that most people have an agonizing wait until their med checks and it flies by...that is what happened with us...we got AIP and everything was moving so fast for like a month and then....nothing! We are told, "oh well we actually have 26 months...yes all we are doing is reviewing the case to make the decision, no we aren't lacking anything. No everything has been accepted and approved, and passed. No, there is nothing else we need from you. You just have to wait. A timeframe, oh I am sorry we cannot provide that to you, its unclear."

Why is there a timeframe of 12 months being told to people in the first place....I am so baffled. Its just so frustrating. Obviously I have a patience issue...that or I am just at the end of my rope from being patient this long. lol. Good luck on your case...I hope we both get results soon.
Hang on, it will come. It was indeed 26 months when you applied so you are on this timeline officially. But honestly, only few exceptions will even get close to 20 months.

Even for those applying after December 2016, the 12 months processing time is not a maximum. That's the time to process 80 percent of applications. There will always be some more complex cases. For example, when you are asked to provide supplemental proofs, it delays a bit the processing time of your application. If you travelled a lot or if you come from a country that has little diplomatic relations with Canada, that might lengthen your background checks and your security checks also.

But you and your spouse are here and are probably living a quite normal life. So enjoy your everyday life and don't put yourself in a continuous stress because of the immigration process. It's only a matter of time. Hang on, stay positive and enjoy your everyday life. That's much more important than the immigration process itself!

masouleht

Star Member
Apr 8, 2017
For most people SA and AIP come almost simultaneously. SA is sent to the sponsor (generally by email) and AIP is sent to the principal applicant by email and in the linked my account. If you used a representative, communications are sent to him.
Were you asked to send additional proofs for the relationship and/or cohabitation?
Yesterday I received an email that IRCC needs proof of relationship. I checked my ECAS today and on the sponsor, side says " Decision made". Is that SA?
Do I receive AIP when they receive the documents that they asked?

dok

Apr 20, 2014
Hello friends, I got this message in MyCIC, like a letter just couple of hours ago:

Dear XXXXXXXXX XXXXXX:

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements...

My status at MyCIC hasn't change, eligibility says - application in progress. ECAS remains the same: sponsor side in process. Applicant side: application received.

I received a document request on relationship a month ago.

I applied on December 20, 2016 and AOR received on January 19, 2017.

Anyone knows what this letter means? Sponsor hasn't received any email yet. In July 2017 when I received my GCMS notes, it states criminal record passed, medical passed, eligibility in process, security - seems like a file was created but never carried forward. Officer's note on admissability include criminal (police reports, RCMP), medical and nothing on security checks. Any idea on what I should expect? Thanks

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Yesterday I received an email that IRCC needs proof of relationship. I checked my ECAS today and on the sponsor, side says " Decision made". Is that SA?
Do I receive AIP when they receive the documents that they asked?
Salaam masouleht, Yes decision made on the sponsor side means SA.
You will not get AIP until they are satisfied with the proofs submitted that you are in a genuine relationship. So no AIP until you submit the additional proofs and that they are done reviewing them. For the additional proofs, I recommend reading the post on that subject by @profiler you can find the link in the signature of any of his posts.
Khodafes!

Reactions: profiler

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hello friends, I got this message in MyCIC, like a letter just couple of hours ago:

Dear XXXXXXXXX XXXXXX:

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements...

My status at MyCIC hasn't change, eligibility says - application in progress. ECAS remains the same: sponsor side in process. Applicant side: application received.

I received a document request on relationship a month ago.

I applied on December 20, 2016 and AOR received on January 19, 2017.

Anyone knows what this letter means? Sponsor hasn't received any email yet. In July 2017 when I received my GCMS notes, it states criminal record passed, medical passed, eligibility in process, security - seems like a file was created but never carried forward. Officer's note on admissability include criminal (police reports, RCMP), medical and nothing on security checks. Any idea on what I should expect? Thanks
First congratulations, this is your AIP. So CIC is satisfied with the additional proofs you sent that you are in a genuine relationship. Even if the sponsor hasn't received the letter, the sponsor is for sure already approved, because you cannot get AIP without the sponsor being approved. Check tomorrow morning ECAS, you will likely see decision made on the sponsor side.

Once your security checks will be completed, you'll get your DM and land soon after.

With your AIP letter, you can register to your province health insurance program.

Reactions: dok