+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

BoscoCanada

Mar 26, 2017
Impossible to answer. If your medical is already submitted and was passed, and your security and criminality screenings for you and your dependents was already completed, ECAS could show DM as early as today. From that point, you will be waiting for a landing invitation, which is generally a week from the day you get it (ish).
Thank you Profiler. That answers my question.

Medicals were sent and passed. I don't even know how to confirm where we are with the criminal checks. I guess that's where the hold up is.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thank you Profiler. That answers my question.

Medicals were sent and passed. I don't even know how to confirm where we are with the criminal checks. I guess that's where the hold up is.
If you got that letter last night, I would say there is no hold up as of yet. Did you check ECAS? When were the medicals submitted? When were they done?

BoscoCanada

Mar 26, 2017
If you got that letter last night, I would say there is no hold up as of yet. Did you check ECAS? When were the medicals submitted? When were they done?
Hey Profiler. Pardon me for my ignorance but what is ECAS exactly and how do I get to it? The medicals were done on 05-May. The CIC portal says that my wife and daughter both passed the medicals.

Thanks mate.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Reactions: sylvain1

BoscoCanada

Mar 26, 2017
No ignorance at all. As sponsor, log into: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do
Got it mate. The home screen says:

Sponsorship Application Status: Decision Made
PR Application Status: Application Received.

By clicking onto the application status it says:
1. We received XXXXXXXX's application for permanent residence on May 17, 2016.
2. Medical results have been received.

Reactions: rizaki

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

Then it's the security screening that your application is waiting for.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Got it mate. I guess I can't do much about it. Almost feels like being on the inside lane of the M1 but stuck behind a horse carriage.
Well, considering you're saying the M1 -- I am guessing we have a Brit here. If the Principal Applicant (and dependents) are English, then Security would likely be done in short order. Usually they order those from CSIS earlier in the process. And, information sharing with the UK is pretty simple for them...

Reactions: BoscoCanada

BoscoCanada

Mar 26, 2017
Well, considering you're saying the M1 -- I am guessing we have a Brit here. If the Principal Applicant (and dependents) are English, then Security would likely be done in short order. Usually they order those from CSIS earlier in the process. And, information sharing with the UK is pretty simple for them...
Thanks Profiler. That sounds positive! I generally don't have a scooby about things like this.

Reactions: profiler

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Reactions: like0417

like0417

May 19, 2017
They should be submitted electronically from the doctors office. Do you have the eMedical form? If so, that's submitted electronically. If you are concerned about that, you can scan and use this https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?_ga=2.147407550.880435945.1506615803-1959297963.1488291669 to submit.
Hi Profiler

Thank you. I'll ask a copy of eMedical form next Wednesday when my wife will pass the Medical Exam. And then I'll use this web link to send it to CIC as well.
Thanks again.

Reactions: profiler

Bilando

Aug 4, 2017
Hi guy I'm sept. 20 applicant and I don't received SA or AIP. I received this morning this letter . What does it mean? Are they going to conduct a relationship interview ?

for permanent residence interview has been scheduled at the above address on

10th October 2017 at 10:00AM-11:00AM

Please present this letter upon your arrival. Failure to appear for this interview will be perceived as a lack of interest in permanent residence and your application could be refused. Therefore, if you cannot attend this interview, please write or fax (403-292-6843) or email (CIC-Calgary@cic.gc.ca) this office immediately and explain why.
Please let us know prior to your Landing appointment if you have a short trip scheduled outside of Canada prior to receiving your PR Card as an alternate Landing appointment may be required.

PR Card processing time: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp

Please bring the following original documents:

•  this call-in notice;

•  a valid passport, identity or travel document; if you were previously advised that you are exempt from the travel

document requirement, bring the waiver letter and other documents establishing your identity;

•  Two photographs of yourself and for each person in your family that is being processed for permanent residence

inside Canada. Please show the specifications on the reverse to the photographer.

•  Temporary Resident document issued by CIC (Work Permit, Student Permit, Visitor Record)

•  Proof of Payment of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF). Refugees are exempt from fees.

o http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/fees/schedule.asp#1
    If you are subject to and have not yet paid the RPRR Fee of $490 each (principal applicant and dependent

spouse, if applicable) you must do so prior to your interview by way of the following method: ONLINE IPRMS PAYMENTS made online require 3 business days to process.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp

PLEASE NOTE:
  •  We no longer process payments in the office.

•  If your application was processed under the Convention Refugee category you are exempt from paying this fee.

•  If you were sponsored, please ensure that your sponsor attends the interview with you

•  If the sponsor has previously declared Bankruptcy, be sure to bring the discharge documents.

•  If you are currently employed but were receiving welfare or social services benefits at or since the time that you submitted your application for permanent residence, please bring proof of employment, proof of income and termination of benefits with you to the above-noted interview. If you are currently in receipt of welfare or social services benefits, please bring a written explanation explaining your situation.

•  If you believe that you will require the services of an interpreter, you are responsible for hiring/finding an interpreter and ensuring that they attend the interview with you.

The client number in the upper right corner of this letter is your personal identification number and it provides access to information on your file. For your own protection, do not allow any other person to use this number. If you require further assistance, please telephone your local Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100 or email question@cic.gc.ca and be prepared to

quote your client number and your date of birth. General information and application kits may also be obtained through our Internet web site at [http://www.cic.gc.ca].

PERMANENT RESIDENTs PHOTOGRAPH SPECIFICATIONS Update to Permanent Resident Photo Specifications
(Exactly the same as the current passport photo specifications used by Passport Canada)

Notes to the applicant
TAKE THIS SPECIFICATION SHEET WITH YOU TO THE PHOTOGRAPHER

•  You must provide two (2) identical and unaltered photographs.

•  Photographs may be in colour or black and white.

•  Photographs must be original and not altered in any way or taken from an existing

photograph.

•  Photographs must reflect your current appearance (taken within the past six (6) months).

Notes to the photographer
    The two (2) photographs must be:
  •  taken by a commercial photographer

•  50 mm x 70 mm (2 inches wide x 2 3/4 inches long) and sized so the height of the face

measures between 31 mm and 36 mm (1 1/4 inches and 1 7/16 inches) from chin to

crown of head (natural top of head)

•  clear, sharp and in focus

•  taken with a neutral facial expression (eyes open and clearly visible, mouth closed, no

smiling)

•  taken with uniform lighting and not show shadows, glare or flash reflections

•  taken straight on, with face and shoulders centered and squared to the camera (i.e. the

photographs must show the full front view of the person’s head and shoulders, showing full

face centred in the middle of the photograph)

•  taken in front of a plain white or light coloured background with a clear difference between the

person’s face and the background. Photographs must reflect/represent natural skin tones

*The back of one (1) photograph must:
  •  bear the name and complete address of the photography studio

•  bear the date the photograph was taken

•  the photographer may use a stamp or handwrite this information. Stick-on labels

are unacceptable.

rizaki

Star Member
Jun 11, 2017

we are April 2016 and ours says exactly the same as yours, the waiting feels like it is taking forever, month after month with no changes

hope for luck for you and us and all the rest of us in these "forgotten months", hope they will get us done before 2018 but I'm not holding my breath

Futurism

Sep 15, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
12-08-2016
AOR Received.
02-09-2016
Med's Request
22-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-07-2017
LANDED..........
25-07-2017
Hi guy I'm sept. 20 applicant and I don't received SA or AIP. I received this morning this letter . What does it mean? Are they going to conduct a relationship interview ?

for permanent residence interview has been scheduled at the above address on

10th October 2017 at 10:00AM-11:00AM

Please present this letter upon your arrival. Failure to appear for this interview will be perceived as a lack of interest in permanent residence and your application could be refused. Therefore, if you cannot attend this interview, please write or fax (403-292-6843) or email (CIC-Calgary@cic.gc.ca) this office immediately and explain why.
Please let us know prior to your Landing appointment if you have a short trip scheduled outside of Canada prior to receiving your PR Card as an alternate Landing appointment may be required.

PR Card processing time: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp

Please bring the following original documents:

•  this call-in notice;

•  a valid passport, identity or travel document; if you were previously advised that you are exempt from the travel

document requirement, bring the waiver letter and other documents establishing your identity;

•  Two photographs of yourself and for each person in your family that is being processed for permanent residence

inside Canada. Please show the specifications on the reverse to the photographer.

•  Temporary Resident document issued by CIC (Work Permit, Student Permit, Visitor Record)

•  Proof of Payment of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF). Refugees are exempt from fees.

o http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/fees/schedule.asp#1
    If you are subject to and have not yet paid the RPRR Fee of $490 each (principal applicant and dependent

spouse, if applicable) you must do so prior to your interview by way of the following method: ONLINE IPRMS PAYMENTS made online require 3 business days to process.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp

PLEASE NOTE:
  •  We no longer process payments in the office.

•  If your application was processed under the Convention Refugee category you are exempt from paying this fee.

•  If you were sponsored, please ensure that your sponsor attends the interview with you

•  If the sponsor has previously declared Bankruptcy, be sure to bring the discharge documents.

•  If you are currently employed but were receiving welfare or social services benefits at or since the time that you submitted your application for permanent residence, please bring proof of employment, proof of income and termination of benefits with you to the above-noted interview. If you are currently in receipt of welfare or social services benefits, please bring a written explanation explaining your situation.

•  If you believe that you will require the services of an interpreter, you are responsible for hiring/finding an interpreter and ensuring that they attend the interview with you.

The client number in the upper right corner of this letter is your personal identification number and it provides access to information on your file. For your own protection, do not allow any other person to use this number. If you require further assistance, please telephone your local Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100 or email question@cic.gc.ca and be prepared to

quote your client number and your date of birth. General information and application kits may also be obtained through our Internet web site at [http://www.cic.gc.ca].

PERMANENT RESIDENTs PHOTOGRAPH SPECIFICATIONS Update to Permanent Resident Photo Specifications
(Exactly the same as the current passport photo specifications used by Passport Canada)

Notes to the applicant
TAKE THIS SPECIFICATION SHEET WITH YOU TO THE PHOTOGRAPHER

•  You must provide two (2) identical and unaltered photographs.

•  Photographs may be in colour or black and white.

•  Photographs must be original and not altered in any way or taken from an existing

photograph.

•  Photographs must reflect your current appearance (taken within the past six (6) months).

Notes to the photographer
    The two (2) photographs must be:
  •  taken by a commercial photographer

•  50 mm x 70 mm (2 inches wide x 2 3/4 inches long) and sized so the height of the face

measures between 31 mm and 36 mm (1 1/4 inches and 1 7/16 inches) from chin to

crown of head (natural top of head)

•  clear, sharp and in focus

•  taken with a neutral facial expression (eyes open and clearly visible, mouth closed, no

smiling)

•  taken with uniform lighting and not show shadows, glare or flash reflections

•  taken straight on, with face and shoulders centered and squared to the camera (i.e. the

photographs must show the full front view of the person’s head and shoulders, showing full

face centred in the middle of the photograph)

•  taken in front of a plain white or light coloured background with a clear difference between the

person’s face and the background. Photographs must reflect/represent natural skin tones

*The back of one (1) photograph must:
  •  bear the name and complete address of the photography studio

•  bear the date the photograph was taken

•  the photographer may use a stamp or handwrite this information. Stick-on labels

are unacceptable.
That is your landing interview. Congratulations!