+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

Lashen

Nov 1, 2016
Hello Everyone,
September 2016 applicant here, The 12th to be precise. My application has been under background check from January 2017. My medical has expired in august of 2017 and CIC has not requested for a new one. Any advice with what i could expect from now on. I have already been through the CSIS process for my Restricted Airside Identification Card to work in the secured side in most airports. Should i contact my MP or should i wait a bit longer for things to move on, So far Cic contacted me regarding my OWP in january and then an email which turned out to be a glitch in April. Thank you for time, Godspeed.
I will suggest that you will till October ending. Currently CIC is processing applications received in September 2016. For medicals, I think they might have extended the expiring date or they will ask you to redo as soon as they are done with your application. I would suggest you order for GCMS notes on your file.

Sigurjot

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
Thanks profiler for all your help in this! :)
To do request to csis , you just write your info on blank paper and mail them ?

Here's my timeline:
01/2016 - Application Received
03/2016 - AOR
07/2016 - SA and AIP (1 week apart)
07/2016 - Upfront medical sent and received
08/2017 - Contacted CSIS directly to request into the status of security screening
08/2017 - DM on applicant side (3 weeks after contacting CSIS)
09/2017 - Landing (3 weeks after DM on ECAS)

Sagekobby

Star Member
Jun 25, 2017
I'm Dec 2016 applicant. My background check started after I sent in PCC and other additional documents on April 20, 2017. I haven't heard anything yet. No AIP nor medical request nor SA. Should I be worried. Well I am worried should I say. Any advice on what to do. Ircc confirm they receive all documents
Thanks guys

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hello Everyone,
September 2016 applicant here, The 12th to be precise. My application has been under background check from January 2017. My medical has expired in august of 2017 and CIC has not requested for a new one. Any advice with what i could expect from now on. I have already been through the CSIS process for my Restricted Airside Identification Card to work in the secured side in most airports. Should i contact my MP or should i wait a bit longer for things to move on, So far Cic contacted me regarding my OWP in january and then an email which turned out to be a glitch in April. Thank you for time, Godspeed.
Do you have SA or AIP? They will likely request another medical after AIP has passed. There was an operational bulletin stating they were not to extend the medicals anymore. You can't redo the medical until they ask. If they don't ask, count the blessing.

Once SA and AIP are done, they will do medical, criminality, and security. Then you'll receive a decision. Probably before December.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I will suggest that you will till October ending. Currently CIC is processing applications received in September 2016. For medicals, I think they might have extended the expiring date or they will ask you to redo as soon as they are done with your application. I would suggest you order for GCMS notes on your file.
An Operational Bulletin was released stating medicals were to no longer be extended. There is a transition period, so it's possible to see a few extended. But expect they won't be.

Also, ordering GCMS notes, when it's not really necessary, is a wasteful process, that will eventually slow others down, who desparately need them. As an example, I was forced to wait more than 180 days for notes, despite my MP and the Privacy Commissioner being involved, due to volume. Please be mindful of others.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I'm Dec 2016 applicant. My background check started after I sent in PCC and other additional documents on April 20, 2017. I haven't heard anything yet. No AIP nor medical request nor SA. Should I be worried. Well I am worried should I say. Any advice on what to do. Ircc confirm they receive all documents
Thanks guys
What date in December, and which application package was used? (New or Old)

Ravi_GY

Jul 21, 2017
App. Filed.......
09-3016
Sept 30th , 2016 applicant...called CIC yesterday and the automated system says:
1.We are currently reviewing your eligibility.
2.Medical Successful
3.Background Check in Process

Hoping to hear some good news soon

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
New package and was received on Dec 1
Since the new package was not released before December 1 2016, it would be the old package. The process changed December 15 -- you are being processed via the old process. SA and AIP will come near the end typically in fast succession. It will be near December most likely.

Lashen

Nov 1, 2016
An Operational Bulletin was released stating medicals were to no longer be extended. There is a transition period, so it's possible to see a few extended. But expect they won't be.

Also, ordering GCMS notes, when it's not really necessary, is a wasteful process, that will eventually slow others down, who desparately need them. As an example, I was forced to wait more than 180 days for notes, despite my MP and the Privacy Commissioner being involved, due to volume. Please be mindful of others.
Thanks Profiler for you clarification. My friend got his medicals extended just last week. So I think it's a bit of luck as you said. For GCMS notes, I think in his case it won't be a unnecessary to order for his notes.

amazingt

Sep 22, 2017
Hey Everyone,
I am September 2016 applicant. AOR received around mid-October 2016. Have submitted medicals a month ago. I came along this thread after so long I wish I knew about this before.

The process for Inland spousal sponsorship is so stressful especially when one doesn’t know what is happening and is waiting to get some answers from CIC. I am more confused now recently when I called CIC to check status of my application and the automated machine said:

Your application was received on Sep 1, 2016.

Review of Eligibility-Not yet started

Additional Documents-Received (what are those we never sent any)

Medicals have been successful.

Interview not required.

Background check is in processing.

To clear the confusion I spoke to CC agent he said you passed the medicals and criminal and security is in review and background check is in progress. (The Background check is since February..why it’s taking so long?). I asked him that what does it mean when IVR says Interview doesn’t require he explained me the process then when I asked him is it written on my file that I don’t require an Interview he didn’t say anything. It’s so CONFUSING. Please can somebody clarify this for me?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hey Everyone,
I am September 2016 applicant. AOR received around mid-October 2016. Have submitted medicals a month ago. I came along this thread after so long I wish I knew about this before.

The process for Inland spousal sponsorship is so stressful especially when one doesn’t know what is happening and is waiting to get some answers from CIC. I am more confused now recently when I called CIC to check status of my application and the automated machine said:

Your application was received on Sep 1, 2016.

Review of Eligibility-Not yet started

Additional Documents-Received (what are those we never sent any)

Medicals have been successful.

Interview not required.

Background check is in processing.

To clear the confusion I spoke to CC agent he said you passed the medicals and criminal and security is in review and background check is in progress. (The Background check is since February..why it’s taking so long?). I asked him that what does it mean when IVR says Interview doesn’t require he explained me the process then when I asked him is it written on my file that I don’t require an Interview he didn’t say anything. It’s so CONFUSING. Please can somebody clarify this for me?

BG will be completed when the Security screening is complete. For my wife, the BG was in progress July 2016 and remained that way until she landed in May 2017. However, that's great news that they only have to review your Security screening and then you will be done! Could be any day now (as soon at the officer picks your file up next)!

amazingt

Sep 22, 2017
Thank you for the quick reply. Its such a relief. One quick question though if Automated machine said we dont require an Interview so it means we dont or it can change?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thank you for the quick reply. Its such a relief. One quick question though if Automated machine said we dont require an Interview so it means we dont or it can change?

Inland's always have an interview. The landing, is an "interview" (though really not; more like getting a driver's license). That said, if you have passed AIP, and gotten a letter from CIC stating you are "eligible" to apply for PR, then the chances are pretty low that you will see an interview. In the final stages, they could elect to conduct a Quality Assurance interview. This isn't that common -- and we euphemistically refer to it as the QA Interview lottery around here. Those could focus in on anything relating to the file. But, again, the occurrence is very, very low.

All that to say, plan for "the" interview (landing), but keep in mind, that they could elect to conduct a QA.

Last edited: