+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

teemary

Mar 27, 2017
Hold up a second.... you don't have an SA and they asked for a medical? Did you get an AOR? Do you have a rep?
NO, I submitted my medicals upfront. I do not have any rep. I got AOR.
I just want to know what to expect after my application says medical passed.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
NO, I submitted my medicals upfront. I do not have any rep. I got AOR.
I just want to know what to expect after my application says medical passed.
I can't give that to you, without more information (which you just provided).
You can expect SA, AIP, then DM (unless you are chosen for an interview). Given that your submission date is still about a month from the time they are presently processing, I would say in the next month or 2 you should hear something.

Reactions: sylvain1

Medieko

Jun 26, 2017
Hello good guys,
I am a bit scared this morning my lowyer(refugee case lowyer) told me that my hearing has been seceduled for oct 30 which i have no chance to win. And my spausal sponsership appn has been filled 2016 oct 4. And as of now no AIP/SA...i was requested to fill gaps on form imm 5406 and 5669. And leter on asked to submit police certificate and i dd a month later on may 2017. On june i passed medical which i dd upfront....my intention want secure pr before out of status or smothly but now unlikely to happen and confused what to do. I already extended my hearing once. Any advice or outcome preditions are appreciated. Thanks in advace

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hello good guys,
I am a bit scared this morning my lowyer(refugee case lowyer) told me that my hearing has been seceduled for oct 30 which i have no chance to win. And my spausal sponsership appn has been filled 2016 oct 4. And as of now no AIP/SA...i was requested to fill gaps on form imm 5406 and 5669. And leter on asked to submit police certificate and i dd a month later on may 2017. On june i passed medical which i dd upfront....my intention want secure pr before out of status or smothly but now unlikely to happen and confused what to do. I already extended my hearing once. Any advice or outcome preditions are appreciated. Thanks in advace
You have a spousal PR file in play here? Does your lawyer know? If it was me, I would be dropping the refugee claim before it goes to hearing...

sweet_mahsa

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Hello good guys,
I would suggest to drop the claim, unless you really feel like you wont get approved for spousal sponsorship... But you can still stay in Canada as you have an open work permit no?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
@profiler if i do that but i would automatically lose my status
I suggest reading: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/ip/ip08-eng.pdf

Pay close attention to Public Policy in Appendix A (starting at pg 64). If you have an inland application in process, and CBSA attempts a removal, you can request a deferral on that basis. They will contact CIC and request they expedite your case (to get you at least to AIP, so you can restore status with an OWP).

HTH!

sweet_mahsa

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
I don have open work permit i do renew every year.
Tnx
so do you have a work permit at the moment? when does it expire?
I know when you have a refugee claim pending, you are eligible for an open work permit.
My husband had one, and once we received the AIP we dropped his claim. and they sent his passport to CIC.

Medieko

Jun 26, 2017
so do you have a work permit at the moment? when does it expire?
I know when you have a refugee claim pending, you are eligible for an open work permit.
My husband had one, and once we received the AIP we dropped his claim. and they sent his passport to CIC.
@profiler and @sweet mahsa i really appreciate ur help. Here is ma situation: i had been taken to addmissablity hearing based on the case i have given i suspected being involved crime or organize crime back home. But i proved i never involved and i found not inaddmisable however CBSA put me condition of signing/report every month. So i am here worried that if i drop my refugee heering i wouldnt have status to hold and CBSA probabily remove me. That is why i i have been extending my hearing for a while.
Yes i have open work permit but i am afraid i wont be able to staty or mantain status by work permit without visa. My visa expiré 2 yrs ago.
Profiler; i will go through the link u send me and will c but conside ma situation.
Thank you very much good guys here.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
@profiler and @sweet mahsa i really appreciate ur help. Here is ma situation: i had been taken to addmissablity hearing based on the case i have given i suspected being involved crime or organize crime back home. But i proved i never involved and i found not inaddmisable however CBSA put me condition of signing/report every month. So i am here worried that if i drop my refugee heering i wouldnt have status to hold and CBSA probabily remove me. That is why i i have been extending my hearing for a while.
Yes i have open work permit but i am afraid i wont be able to staty or mantain status by work permit without visa. My visa expiré 2 yrs ago.
Profiler; i will go through the link u send me and will c but conside ma situation.
Thank you very much good guys here.
People with removal orders (not the check-ins, but actual deportation orders) have requested administrative deferrals based on Spousal Sponsorship PR applications in process -- and exactly as I described happens.

If you have a lawyer, ask them for advice?

Medieko

Jun 26, 2017
Yes i have asked him for advice and he said we are not withdraw the application until i got pr through spausal sponsorship appn. And i became frustrated.

flagpoleready

Star Member
Apr 25, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
01-09-2015
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
File Transfer...
06-28-2016
Med's Request
03-28-2016
Med's Done....
06-09-2016
Interview........
09-28-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Received email with date of permanent resident interview 5 days after DM on ecas. Interview is for sept 28, anyone know what I should expect?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Received email with date of permanent resident interview 5 days after DM on ecas. Interview is for sept 28, anyone know what I should expect?
It's pretty simple and easy.

Show up, give them your passport. They present you with your COPR. Ask a couple questions: have you been convicted of a crime in Canada or anywhere, have you been denied entry to Canada or anywhere, do you have dependents in Canada or anywhere not listed in your application, etc. Simple non-test questions. You sign, they sign, you can ask questions at that point. And you're done. Like getting a driver's license.