Doc's Request.
June 06, 2017
AOR Received.
July 08, 2016
Med's Request
June 06,2017
Med's Done....
June 10,2017
I can finally do a happy dance!!!! (after I about hyper-ventilated and hubby told me to calm down)

We are pleased to advise you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be
finalized at your next interview that has been scheduled for:
September 14th, 2017 at 10:00AM

Got a call this morning from "private number". It was an immigration officer, offering me my choice of days/times for the appointment. I could hardly answer her. After I decided what day and time, I put down the phone and went screaming out the door for hubby, who was building his shed. I scared him to death, lol. He didnt know what was going on, I could hardly get the words out of my mouth. His response was "finally, its done!".
I cant even begin to describe how I feel, been so emotional all day. Im more excited about this appointment than I was about the DM. I guess because now its final.
This girl is on top of the world right now :)
Congratulations.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I can finally do a happy dance!!!! (after I about hyper-ventilated and hubby told me to calm down)

We are pleased to advise you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be

Got a call this morning from "private number". It was an immigration officer, offering me my choice of days/times for the appointment. I could hardly answer her. After I decided what day and time, I put down the phone and went screaming out the door for hubby, who was building his shed. I scared him to death, lol. He didnt know what was going on, I could hardly get the words out of my mouth. His response was "finally, its done!".
I cant even begin to describe how I feel, been so emotional all day. Im more excited about this appointment than I was about the DM. I guess because now its final.

MP called them:)

Congrats!!

Reactions: dskeard

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived

That's superb! Congrats!!

ariatseng

Jul 29, 2017
Hi everyone,

I might need some advice on what is happening with application case...

I'm the applicant of February 3, 2016. Yet I still get nothing from CIC since I did my medical exam on this year February. However, I called CIC agent last week to asked for my status update. I got the replication which says my medical passed, eligibility passed and criminality passed, and now is the security check in processing. So what does the security check means? Is this different from the normal background check? why it takes so long of my case?

Reactions: rizaki

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi everyone,

I might need some advice on what is happening with application case...

I'm the applicant of February 3, 2016. Yet I still get nothing from CIC since I did my medical exam on this year February. However, I called CIC agent last week to asked for my status update. I got the replication which says my medical passed, eligibility passed and criminality passed, and now is the security check in processing. So what does the security check means? Is this different from the normal background check? why it takes so long of my case?
Criminality -- criminal history
Background -- verify your life story
Security -- previous or on going threats to subvert governments, terrorism, human rights, war crimes, etc. It's where Canada's intelligence community makes sure you're not a threat to Canadian society.

This can take time. It can be delayed by: number of countries visited or lived in, other aliases or people who seem like they could be you, asylum seekers and refugees, etc.

You may want to talk to your local MP for answers. But it's coming soon...

ariatseng

Jul 29, 2017
Criminality -- criminal history
Background -- verify your life story
Security -- previous or on going threats to subvert governments, terrorism, human rights, war crimes, etc. It's where Canada's intelligence community makes sure you're not a threat to Canadian society.

This can take time. It can be delayed by: number of countries visited or lived in, other aliases or people who seem like they could be you, asylum seekers and refugees, etc.

You may want to talk to your local MP for answers. But it's coming soon...

Thanks for your replication.
One more question here.... is that the security check the last step of the entire process, or is there any other steps will be started after the secutiry check is done?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thanks for your replication.
One more question here.... is that the security check the last step of the entire process, or is there any other steps will be started after the secutiry check is done?
Security is usually scheduled to be completed when they expect your medical to be completed. The secret here is: your file has to have a valid security clearance and a valid medical to land.

There is two stages to spousal sponsorship PR's. Stage 1 is where they: verify the paperwork submitted, start the file, assess the sponsor, assess the bona fides of the relation. In this stage, inland applicants will (may?) see notices for: Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR), Sponsorship Approval (SA), and Approval in Principle (AIP). The AIP letter is the signal that the file has moved into stage 2. In Stage 2, they assess: Criminality, Medical, and Security. Once those three are complete, they will make a decision.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Yeah, as you know me being from Antigua we were hit directly and our sister island Barbuda pretty much got destroyed. Luckily we only had one fatality but we can use whatever help we can get.
I wanted to follow up here, because there was no news articles about Canada's response. They've made an initial donation to relief efforts, and the Navy is heading into the storms to help any government asking for it. So, if Antigua wants in, they should contact Global Affairs via official channel to request.

Reactions: sylvain1

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
I wanted to follow up here, because there was no news articles about Canada's response. They've made an initial donation to relief efforts, and the Navy is heading into the storms to help any government asking for it. So, if Antigua wants in, they should contact Global Affairs via official channel to request.

From what I understand was exactly that the navy was helping out due to a base nearby or something of that sort. However there's been so many relief programs assisting, kinda hard to keep up. Trudeau himself spoke on assisting but it's hard to keep track. It's hitting everywhere I have family, Antigua, Barbuda, Dominican Republic and possibly Florida now. Currently I believe Venezuela (country wise) has been assisting the most sending cargo planes to evacuate and also import supplies.

Reactions: profiler

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
Dear friends
Can anyone tell me how is the sponsorship approval letter please?

Thank you
The easiest way is basically by saying the letter sent to the sponsor. The principal applicant gets the AIP and the landing letter.

Here's an example of an SA: "this refers to the application to sponsor.... ON BEHALF of (applicant name)"

And of course "you meet the requirements for eligiblity as a SPONSOR"

father of the year

Star Member
Apr 30, 2017
Visa Office......
montreal
App. Filed.......
29-01-2016
AOR Received.
23-03-2016
Med's Request
13-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Interview........
07-09-2017
Passport Req..
13-03-2017
what's up y'all?

meaningful1

Dec 9, 2016
London
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-16
AOR Received.
03-10-16
In the fall of 2017, citizenship applicants will be able to apply if they have been physically present in Canada for three out of five years instead of the former requirement of four out of six years. Further, they will be able to count each day they were physically present in Canada as a temporary resident or protected person as a half day towards meeting their physical presence requirements for citizenship, up to a maximum of one year.

Maximum of 1 year

SUNNY19984

Aug 21, 2017
I HAVE A QUESTION.. I WAS REQ FOR FINGERPRINTS ON THE 15TH OF AUG 2017 AND SENT IT TO CIC ON THE 25TH AND RECEIVED ON THE 26TH OF AUG 2016... I GOT MY SA AND AIP ON THE 15TH.. WILL THEY TAKE TIME TO UPDATE MY FINGERPRINT ON FILE AND SEND ME A DM.. USUALLY HOW MANY DAYS DO THEY TAKE..
I HAD ORDERED B Y GCMS NOTES WHICH STATES THE OFFICE WAS SATIF AND IS ONLY WAITING FOR FINGER PRINTS.. ANY SUGGESTIONS