Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hello all,

Two days ago, my wife received Sponsor Approval.
Today I got an email with a letter attached saying - "It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for Permanent Residence as a member of the Inland spouse class. Final decision will not be made until medical, background, security checks are completed."

So what is this letter ?? Is this the Approval in Principle (AIP) everyone mentions here. It means that they believe in our relationship (finally) and they are now only left with other background checks. The next step is Decision made. . .right ??

How long will it take to complete the other requirements I mentioned above ? I have had a pretty simple life and our country has good relations with Canada.

And now can I apply for OHIP with this letter I received today and the 3 month time will start ?

Thanks a lot

You all have a good weekend.
Congrats on AIP and SA. Time could be minutes to months for DM. Most are under a couple weeks. So, watch ECAS.

You can now apply for OHIP. The 90 days will start at the date of the letter. Do you want the forms and what to bring links?

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hello all,

Two days ago, my wife received Sponsor Approval.
Today I got an email with a letter attached saying - "It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for Permanent Residence as a member of the Inland spouse class. Final decision will not be made until medical, background, security checks are completed."

So what is this letter ?? Is this the Approval in Principle (AIP) everyone mentions here. It means that they believe in our relationship (finally) and they are now only left with other background checks. The next step is Decision made. . .right ??

How long will it take to complete the other requirements I mentioned above ? I have had a pretty simple life and our country has good relations with Canada.

And now can I apply for OHIP with this letter I received today and the 3 month time will start ?

Thanks a lot

You all have a good weekend.
Yes AIP, congratulations! You can apply for OHIP with this letter.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
But in that case, it's someone that applied after December 7th 2016 so the unrealistic 26 months should not even be mentioned to them. I may understand why this is an official line for those that applied before that date, although I disagree with communicating officially false information... But those applying after December 7th were promised that 80 percent would be processed in 12 months.

On another subject, is your wife taking melatonin to reduce the jetlag? That works very well on my wife and I.
I thought it was Dec 15, not 7? Won't matter anyway, most are done is about that time now -- not the 26 mos that it stated when we all applied. This is something to be celebrated, not complained about -- right?

No, she's out now. Even with our tv on. She's more than 24hours awake. So, obviously tired. Though if your wife flew in from Tehran, that's at least the 14hrs in the air that Moscow is -- even with minimal layovers...

Reactions: TempestD

Inlandspouse

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
Congrats on AIP and SA. Time could be minutes to months for DM. Most are under a couple weeks. So, watch ECAS.

You can now apply for OHIP. The 90 days will start at the date of the letter. Do you want the forms and what to bring links?
Thanks for your response.

I am on ontario.ca website and reading about OHIP. But if you can still give a heads up, that would be awesome.
So even if I apply for OHIP next week, I will get credit for a week off 90 days.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi Everyone,

I am August 2016 sponsorship applicant. On June 29th, I received an email from CIC requesting me to complete the Schedule A form and I was given a month to do so. I completed this form and sent it back to CIC through the web form. However, I received another email from CIC today requesting me to complete the Schedule A form again. I am very sure that I completed the form as requested the first time without leaving any gaps in-between the months... I made sure that all the months were accounted for (here is the format I used the first time From 2017-09 to 2017 - 10). Does anybody know why CIC asked me to complete this form again? Has this ever happened to anyone on this forum? What would you advise me to do?
That fast a turn around, there is a gap or its incomplete.

If you want to PM me, we can work out how to send it to me, if you'd like a review.

Ealaz

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Kelowna bc
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Veg
App. Filed.......
Aud 2015
Doc's Request.
May 2016 fingerprints
Med's Request
April 2017
Med's Done....
May 26 2017
Hi Everyone,

I am August 2016 sponsorship applicant. On June 29th, I received an email from CIC requesting me to complete the Schedule A form and I was given a month to do so. I completed this form and sent it back to CIC through the web form. However, I received another email from CIC today requesting me to complete the Schedule A form again. I am very sure that I completed the form as requested the first time without leaving any gaps in-between the months... I made sure that all the months were accounted for (here is the format I used the first time From 2017-09 to 2017 - 10). Does anybody know why CIC asked me to complete this form again? Has this ever happened to anyone on this forum? What would you advise me to do?
They asked for 3 schedule a's from me in the 2 years of waiting, I just kept sending them. I'm sure they were all correct. I'm not sure why they do that lol.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
I thought it was Dec 15, not 7? Won't matter anyway, most are done is about that time now -- not the 26 mos that it stated when we all applied. This is something to be celebrated, not complained about -- right?

No, she's out now. Even with our tv on. She's more than 24hours awake. So, obviously tired. Though if your wife flew in from Tehran, that's at least the 14hrs in the air that Moscow is -- even with minimal layovers...
To go to Mashhad we were awake for about 40 hours... But it helps in the following days to recover faster from the jetlag. Naturally, we can adapt 1 hour per day. Melatonin really helps to avoid feeling the jetlag during the recovery.

Inlandspouse

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
One more thing I wanted to take your opinion on profiler.

I received letter on July 24,2017 asking for additional documents - proof of relationship and cohabitation. Uploaded all the documents on webform on August 1,2017. Have not heard anything from them regarding received the documents/ documents attached to the file.
Do you think they already looked at those documents and did not send us anything regarding receipt as until last month, they wanted more proofs.

Thanks again.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017

I received letter on July 24,2017 asking for additional documents - proof of relationship and cohabitation. Uploaded all the documents on webform on August 1,2017. Have not heard anything from them regarding received the documents/ documents attached to the file.
Do you think they already looked at those documents and did not send us anything regarding receipt as until last month, they wanted more proofs.

Thanks again.
Having AIP means they are now convinced by the proofs you submitted that you are in a genuine relation and cohabiting. It's a bit faster than expected (typically they attach to your file what you send 45-60 days after), but great news for you!

Reactions: Inlandspouse

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
To go to Mashhad we were awake for about 40 hours... But it helps in the following days to recover faster from the jetlag. Naturally, we can adapt 1 hour per day. Melatonin really helps to avoid feeling the jetlag during the recovery.
Can you just buy melatonin?

I am not sure if you heard about Harvey hitting Texas -- I am waiting for this, the fallout from it, and apparently Ontario will see the remnants of the Tropical Storm/Depression that is Harvey by next weekend. Batten down the hatches Ontarians near the Great Lakes -- this is a severe rainmaker!

Edit: for a fellow craft beer aficionado, I am rocking a craft from California tonight. An IPA called "LAGUINTAS IPA". It's like Muskoka Detour (if you have access to that in QC). If you don't mind a flowery IPA, this is hitting the spot.

Last edited:

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

Thanks again.
30-60 days is the typical timeline that they will add files to your file. Generally, I add an additional 30 days to that, because that seems to be the cadence at which they recheck files to see if document requests have been completed.

Reactions: Inlandspouse

Inlandspouse

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
30-60 days is the typical timeline that they will add files to your file. Generally, I add an additional 30 days to that, because that seems to be the cadence at which they recheck files to see if document requests have been completed.
So should I assume that they have looked at the additional proofs now ??

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017

I am not sure if you heard about Harvey hitting Texas -- I am waiting for this, the fallout from it, and apparently Ontario will see the remnants of the Tropical Storm/Depression that is Harvey by next weekend. Batten down the hatches Ontarians near the Great Lakes -- this is a severe rainmaker!
Yes melatonin is in any pharmacy. I bought our bottle in Walmart.

Yes I heard about Harvey. I remember Katrina.... I was driving on the highway when it hit Quebec province, I was such a long ride. I had to drive slowly because the rain was too intense. And of course, when it reaches Canada, it's already downgraded to a simple tropical storm; it's now category 4! I can't imagine how intense it is there!

Inlandspouse

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017

Edit: for a fellow craft beer aficionado, I am racking a craft from California tonight. An IPA called "LAGUINTAS IPA". It's like Muskoka Detour (if you have access to that in QC). If you don't mind a flowery IPA, this is hitting the spot.
Yeah you can just buy melatonin from the healthy planet.