IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
If just on the sponsor side, that means sponsor approval. When you will see also decision made on the principal applicant side, then you'll be done and waiting for a landing appointment. Still, you start to see some movement and it can go fast from that point. Congratulations on your SA.
Oh, I read that wrong. Apparently I needed more coffee. Sorry @Jaycritch this is correct.

Reactions: sylvain1

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi @profiler, is there a minimum amount of time after you get off welfare, that you are able to sponsor someone or you can sponsor right after coming off welfare?
You cannot be in receipt of it when you apply, and you must not owe a balance (if you were to repay it).

Reactions: KandyK and sylvain1

KandyK

Feb 9, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
O4-04-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
File Transfer...
05/10/2017
Med's Request
19/07/2017
Med's Done....
03/08/2017
LANDED..........
10/19/2017
Reactions: profiler

Sigurjot

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
After AIP they will complete the medical, criminality, and security checks. Once that's done, they will advise you that processing is complete, and that the local CIC office will contact you for an "interview" (which is a landing; and it's a simple process like getting a driver's license). At that appointment, you will be given a paper (Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR)), and will be told to expect a PR Card in the mail within 6-12 weeks.

Once you have the COPR, you will go to Service Canada to get a permanent Social Insurance Number (SIN), and will go to the province's ministry of health office to get your health care straightened.

Once the PR Card comes, you can freely travel to and from Canada. After 5 years, you will need to renew that card.

Thanks alot for information..
is there any time frame for this next process now a days ?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thanks alot for information..
is there any time frame for this next process now a days ?
It will depend if they have started your Security screening, and if so, when. Usually that is the longest part of the second stage. You can call the call centre (888-242-2100) and ask them for a status update, and then ask if they have started the security check -- if so -- when. It can be 3-6 months for them to complete it. At least that was the old time frame. Lately they seem to be done in less than a month (assuming your life to date wasn't too interesting).

ripper44

Nov 24, 2016
Hello everyone, good afternoon. We applied Nov 2, 2016 and did the medicals upfront (although mycic does not show that) we had PCC request in May and sent all info (nothing in mycic either). It does say Your Action is Required, but no messages, it been like that for a few months. Any guesses on when we might see some kind of movement?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hello everyone, good afternoon. We applied Nov 2, 2016 and did the medicals upfront (although mycic does not show that) we had PCC request in May and sent all info (nothing in mycic either). It does say Your Action is Required, but no messages, it been like that for a few months. Any guesses on when we might see some kind of movement?
Before November. They are working on September right now. I might suggest calling the call centre to get a verification that they are not waiting for something from you. I suspect they aren't, but better to make sure....

888-242-2100.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Just wanted to say thank you to profiler who helped calm my nerves. Got a response from CIC that my work permit was approved last week and is currently in the mail! Finally : D
Me? What'd I do???

Congrats on the OWP.... don't forget to get a Social Insurance Number from Service Canada when it comes!

Justos

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Me? What'd I do???

Congrats on the OWP.... don't forget to get a Social Insurance Number from Service Canada when it comes!
You gave me a number to call. Another guy mentioned that I could be facing delays for 3-4 months, which was just not true (for me at least, thankfully)

SIN and a new health card are definitely the first things on my to-do list :)

I have a job lined up and I could not be more excited to finally get back on track!

WOLFHAWK

Feb 8, 2017
From FLORIDA IN Ontario Ca
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-MISS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
19-03-2017
I told you though -- if you are driving (I think you said you needed to go to Ohio -- from Ontario it would take longer to wait for an airplane and traversing an airport, that it would be to just drive), I would expect it would be a "nothing burger" to cross (see what I did there? ;)).

It's CBP that's been hard on Canadians traversing, not CBSA being difficult for 'muricans traversing. Not recommended, but I suspect very little problem would be had (if they even bothered to question you).
I do not FLY lol its about an 8 to 9 hour drive in my Pickup.. I've never had any problems getting into Canada,, but let me tell you when id go back home in the U.S. omg you would think I was some kind of criminal.. I happen to know a Supervisor at the Buffalo crossing, I told this Officer once Look I am getting very tired of the crap your putting me thru ,, why don't you call Supervisor ____ and he will help you let me back in.. He says oh umm ok you can go have a wonderful day lolol... I only worry about Canada because its getting tuffer at all borders

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I do not FLY lol its about an 8 to 9 hour drive in my Pickup.. I've never had any problems getting into Canada,, but let me tell you when id go back home in the U.S. omg you would think I was some kind of criminal.. I happen to know a Supervisor at the Buffalo crossing, I told this Officer once Look I am getting very tired of the crap your putting me thru ,, why don't you call Supervisor ____ and he will help you let me back in.. He says oh umm ok you can go have a wonderful day lolol... I only worry about Canada because its getting tuffer at all borders
The only questions I am asked (typically) at the border when returning is, "How long were you in line?"

The wife has had times where it was that simple, but she has also had some more interesting... encounters... I am just waiting to see what her latest adventure will look like, now that she has a PR Card. She comes back Friday....

Last edited:

sunset66_71

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
ON
App. Filed.......
16-June-2016
Dear Profiler, I just now received an email from CIC which says, "We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in Etobicoke IRCC will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application"
What does this mean? Should I just wait for a call or another email from IRCC for appointment details? Or Can I call myself to fix an appointment?
Hi,
May I ask, when did you first apply?

Reactions: carolbb23