Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Quick question guys

I know you cant sponsor someone if u have bankruptcy.
But what about consumer proposal or debt consolidation?
Will that affect process in any way???
Only bankruptcy.

Reactions: KandyK

LJLWaddell

Feb 21, 2017
Mine was easy,, Chest xray, blood test for STDs and if you have high sugar a blood test for kidney function,, we talked about any previous issues, listened to my heart and lungs, did eye chart,, and was done had me touch my toes and my nose... If your near Kitchener let me know ill give ya a damn good doc to go see, He is awesome !!!
Im actually in Cambridge but have been looking at a practice in Kitchener, which one did you use?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Reactions: sylvain1

utopia2016

Jun 13, 2017
I like to share my experience here:
I landed on Aug. 11, and was told that my PR card should arrive in 3 months.

Then I need to attend a conference in the States last week. I know I should not travel abroad before receiving the PR card to avoid troubles. But I checked online, the risk is that the airlines won't allowed me to board. I have a (seemingly) valid work permit and visitor visa (overheard that they should become invalid after receiving PR status), and the worst scenario is that I have to cross the border via private vehicles. So I bought the flight ticket anyway, I was willing to take the risk.

On my flight back, the people at the airport counter checked my passport and work permit, and issued me boarding passes with no question. The officer at the border asked no question regarding my PR and let me in. Unbelievably smooth process!

Again, my work permit is valid until Sep 2018, and I was willing to take any RISK. I just want to share my experience in case you face the same dilemma, and don't intend to mislead anyone.

WOLFHAWK

Feb 8, 2017
From FLORIDA IN Ontario Ca
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-MISS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
19-03-2017
Reactions: sylvain1

WOLFHAWK

Feb 8, 2017
From FLORIDA IN Ontario Ca
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-MISS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
19-03-2017
I like to share my experience here:
I landed on Aug. 11, and was told that my PR card should arrive in 3 months.

Then I need to attend a conference in the States last week. I know I should not travel abroad before receiving the PR card to avoid troubles. But I checked online, the risk is that the airlines won't allowed me to board. I have a (seemingly) valid work permit and visitor visa (overheard that they should become invalid after receiving PR status), and the worst scenario is that I have to cross the border via private vehicles. So I bought the flight ticket anyway, I was willing to take the risk.

On my flight back, the people at the airport counter checked my passport and work permit, and issued me boarding passes with no question. The officer at the border asked no question regarding my PR and let me in. Unbelievably smooth process!

Again, my work permit is valid until Sep 2018, and I was willing to take any RISK. I just want to share my experience in case you face the same dilemma, and don't intend to mislead anyone.
Thanks for sharing, I to need to go to the states for a family issue, I haven't received any info about my PR status, but I have my OWP valid till 2019,, I need to go but im afraid to go lol... Glad it went well for you!!! signed; ((Chicken in Ontario)) lolol

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thanks for sharing, I to need to go to the states for a family issue, I haven't received any info about my PR status, but I have my OWP valid till 2019,, I need to go but im afraid to go lol... Glad it went well for you!!! signed; ((Chicken in Ontario)) lolol
I told you though -- if you are driving (I think you said you needed to go to Ohio -- from Ontario it would take longer to wait for an airplane and traversing an airport, that it would be to just drive), I would expect it would be a "nothing burger" to cross (see what I did there? ;)).

It's CBP that's been hard on Canadians traversing, not CBSA being difficult for 'muricans traversing. Not recommended, but I suspect very little problem would be had (if they even bothered to question you).

Reactions: WOLFHAWK
Apr 5, 2017
Dear Profiler, I just now received an email from CIC which says, "We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in Etobicoke IRCC will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application"
What does this mean? Should I just wait for a call or another email from IRCC for appointment details? Or Can I call myself to fix an appointment?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Dear Profiler, I just now received an email from CIC which says, "We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in Etobicoke IRCC will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application"
What does this mean? Should I just wait for a call or another email from IRCC for appointment details? Or Can I call myself to fix an appointment?
Congrats. You have a DM. That means your case is finished processing, and they will send you a landing invitation email. You cannot schedule this. You can reschedule, if the initial appointment won't work for you.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi
Anyone can tell please , what will be the next step
Your question is ambiguous. So, the next step is likely that earth will be visited by an alien race, and will help us to build warp technology so we can wage wars in other places -- because what's new places if they don't have humans waging war in them???

If you can provide some details about your case, I would be happy to include my opinion about next steps...