AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Thank you! That helps. I was waiting until I got this email today and wasn't sure what to make of it. Glad to know I don't need to take any steps at this point and should wait for the interview invitation.

That being said, can you please tell me, if you know - what happens at these landing interviews and what documents should one take with them. Also, what's DM :) [I couldn't follow all the abbreviations involved in the PR application world].
DM = decision made

Your landing appointment letter will state everything you need to bring. Normally your passport, your receipt for your RPRF (right of permanent residence fee), 2 photos for your PR card and your sponsor with an ID.

Questions: very simple and not a test. Have you committed a crime in Canada or anywhere else in the world? Have you been denied entry in Canada before? Do you have any dependants that are not listed on your application. Then you review the information on your CoPR (Confirmation of permanent residence) and sign it. Then the officer tells you, congratulations you are now a permanent resident of Canada.

Reactions: cenker and profiler

meaningful1

Dec 9, 2016
London
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-16
AOR Received.
03-10-16
Hi, I just received the same letter from CIC and am not sure what this means and what my next steps need to be, if any. The last I heard from CIC was on July 25th saying "We are pleased to advice you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in Etobicoke will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your PR application."

Am I to just wait for CIC to contact me to set up an interview or is there something I need to do about either of these letters. Any guidance will be appreciated. After the July 25th letter I was happy that I will be getting my PR soon but now I'm confused again about this whole process.

Thanks!
You're awaiting the landing date from the local CIC office closest to you.
Congrats
I got my landing appointment before I got decision letter

Reactions: carolbb23

Marie_genial

Star Member
Jul 28, 2017
Alberta
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
June 27, 2016
Doc's Request.
June 06, 2017
AOR Received.
July 08, 2016
Med's Request
June 06,2017
Med's Done....
June 10,2017
Hello all, pls I have a quick question, how many days after you submit additional documents and you receive a message that the documents have been received and attached to your file can you expect a DM? Thanks.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hello all, pls I have a quick question, how many days after you submit additional documents and you receive a message that the documents have been received and attached to your file can you expect a DM? Thanks.
It will take 30-60 days to be attached to your file. You will get an email telling you that it's been attached to your file (or forwarded to the appropriate office). From this time, it can be another 1-60 days before the officer picks the file up. The next time they pick it up, they will check if the documents have been attached. If they are there, they will continue processing.

Assuming all the documents asked for are attached, and they are satisfied, your file could move forward very quickly. There is no way that anyone can tell you how many days or how much time, as no one knows if all the external checks (medical, criminality and security) are complete. If these are done, you could see the file reach DM very quickly after the officer picks it up.

rizaki

Star Member
Jun 11, 2017
Same to you. Thank you for the good vibes you're sending. I'm trying to be positive but sometimes its hard especially if there's no movement in the application :( it's more than 9 months now for us and haven't heard anything from CIC except the "glitched" they had in the system. So frustrating and unfortunately we can't do anything about it. Everything is all up to the officer who handle our application. Good luck to all of us.
you are not alone, we never had any glitches at all and it has been 16 months for us and counting..... extremely frustrating and depressing process :(

Marie_genial

Star Member
Jul 28, 2017
Alberta
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
June 27, 2016
Doc's Request.
June 06, 2017
AOR Received.
July 08, 2016
Med's Request
June 06,2017
Med's Done....
June 10,2017
It will take 30-60 days to be attached to your file. You will get an email telling you that it's been attached to your file (or forwarded to the appropriate office). From this time, it can be another 1-60 days before the officer picks the file up. The next time they pick it up, they will check if the documents have been attached. If they are there, they will continue processing.

Assuming all the documents asked for are attached, and they are satisfied, your file could move forward very quickly. There is no way that anyone can tell you how many days or how much time, as no one knows if all the external checks (medical, criminality and security) are complete. If these are done, you could see the file reach DM very quickly after the officer picks it up.
thanks for the response. i got the email that the file has been sent to appropriate office. i got DM on sponsor and AIP as well. guess the waiting continues. i leave it in God's hands now

Reactions: esjen

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
thanks for the response. i got the email that the file has been sent to appropriate office. i got DM on sponsor and AIP as well. guess the waiting continues. i leave it in God's hands now
It will be your security clearance. The longest I have seen a file take is 2 months in this same state. But most are under a month.

f0rni

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
Category........
FAM
AOR Received.
24-08-2016
Med's Request
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
07-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-09-2017
Checked MyCIC today and:

"We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in Vancouver Immigration will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application."

@profiler @sylvain1
Can I contact CIC and request landing at Calgary office? It is like..300km closer to where I live and I have a place to stay there. Would they take it under consideration or do I have to stick with Vancouver?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Checked MyCIC today and:

"We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in Vancouver Immigration will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application."

@profiler @sylvain1
Can I contact CIC and request landing at Calgary office? It is like..300km closer to where I live and I have a place to stay there. Would they take it under consideration or do I have to stick with Vancouver?
Weird. Surrey is closer. Unfortunately, they won't change it. You can certainly call the call centre to ask, but I suspect it will be something they cannot change.

Reactions: sylvain1 and f0rni

f0rni

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
Category........
FAM
AOR Received.
24-08-2016
Med's Request
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
07-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-09-2017
Weird. Surrey is closer. Unfortunately, they won't change it. You can certainly call the call centre to ask, but I suspect it will be something they cannot change.
I certainly will give it a try and call though. If somehow they can change that I would be really happy! 800km for 'landing appointment' seems to be a little much :eek:

Reactions: sylvain1

f0rni

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
Category........
FAM
AOR Received.
24-08-2016
Med's Request
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
07-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-09-2017
"Currently we are experiencing a high volume of calls and we are not able to transfer your call to an agent." Oh how I love hearing that message...

Reactions: rizaki and sylvain1

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
"Currently we are experiencing a high volume of calls and we are not able to transfer your call to an agent." Oh how I love hearing that message...
Call your local MP then.

f0rni

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
Category........
FAM
AOR Received.
24-08-2016
Med's Request
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
07-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-09-2017
Or I can submit my request via IRCC WebForm. What can my local MP do about that?

Reactions: rizaki