Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

fabianonetto

Star Member
Apr 29, 2011
Toronto
Med's Done....
Upfront
I have one question for the Masters of the Universe here :-D

So we applied for my wife's OHIP this week with CIC's approval letter that dates from July 25th. They accepted it and said it's gonna kick in on October 25th since there's the 3 month waiting period.

They also told us that since we did it with the AIP, the card is gonna be valid only for 1 year and that once she lands we shall go there again and they will change the card for the 3 years or 5 years one.

We got her landing appointment today for next week on August 11th. Now my question is, should we report immediately to Service Ontario that she landed or should we wait until we have the card in hand? My concern is about them pushing her covering start date to November 11th instead of October 25th for whatever reason? We have been denied this damn insurance so many times that I don't wanna take any risk at all

I even thought about waiting until November 11th which is when she will be a landed immigrant for 3 months just to avoid any issues.

Also, considering they will issue her a new card good for 3 or 5 years, she's still covered until then right?

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017

So we applied for my wife's OHIP this week with CIC's approval letter that dates from July 25th. They accepted it and said it's gonna kick in on October 25th since there's the 3 month waiting period.

They also told us that since we did it with the AIP, the card is gonna be valid only for 1 year and that once she lands we shall go there again and they will change the card for the 3 years or 5 years one.

We got her landing appointment today for next week on August 11th. Now my question is, should we report immediately to Service Ontario that she landed or should we wait until we have the card in hand? My concern is about them pushing her covering start date to November 11th instead of October 25th for whatever reason? We have been denied this damn insurance so many times that I don't wanna take any risk at all

I even thought about waiting until November 11th which is when she will be a landed immigrant for 3 months just to avoid any issues.

Also, considering they will issue her a new card good for 3 or 5 years, she's still covered until then right?
@profiler will know much better than me, but I'm sure there is no risk to update Service Ontario right after the landing. You will have the CoPR in hands and the 3 months period will remain the same (from when she was eligible to apply (AIP)).

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

Yes, just walk down the street once you have her COPR, and let Service Ontario see it. It won't affect when she gets coverage. They already determined that. They will just update the account.

Reactions: fabianonetto

esjen

Jun 23, 2017
If he was out of status when you applied, then no surprises that he didn't get the OWP yet. He will become eligible to apply only after AIP.
Regarding reaching an agent, indeed it's not easy, but you can get through from time to time.
Ok thank you.

Chateau27

Jan 21, 2016
Hi, thanks for posting :)

OK, so your OWP situation is likely because your partner was out of status. Regardless if they sent the OWP back as well, or if they kept the OWP package, your partner ran out of status in September 2016 (if I read correctly). So, that would mean, when you applied in December, you were well outside of the timeline to be able to restore status (and you are far, far outside that now).

What this means is: they are processing your partner's PR application under public policy. That means they cannot refuse your file based solely on being out of status. However, this also means they are not going to issue the OWP until they have granted AIP. Lately, AIP to DM has been a matter of hours to weeks. You can try to cancel the OWP, but I am not sure if they will, or if they will issue a refund. There is no harm in trying, I guess?
Thanks for your help! I'll probably give that a try

MariaCoco13

Jun 15, 2016
Hey guys! so yesterday i had my landing interview and all i can say it was so easy and pleasant that i thought "Oh my all that i worried and it was nothing"
I had my appointment at 2.30pm, we arrived around 2.05 so they told us to sit and wait. It was us and a Russian couple that's it.
We waited for almost 15 minutes and they called us. First of all, we were not separated like i though, we were standing in front of a very
nice man. He asked my 3 questions: Have i ever been deported, have i ever committed a crime and if i was in a common law relationship. Thats it.
He took all the permits from my passport and told me to keep them and not to carry them since they were no longer valid. He made me check a paper with all my information (name, DOB, Date i came to Canada the first time and address) and to make sure everything was right because after he submits it he is no longer able to change it. I signed it and then he shook my hand and said Welcome to Canada!
That's it, so don't worry, there wasn't separated rooms or questions like which side of the bed you sleep on? what brand of toothpaste does your partner uses? none of that.
Thanks to everyone who helped me with information and i hope the best of luck to everyone who's still on the process.
kiss kiss
Coco

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
Hey guys! so yesterday i had my landing interview and all i can say it was so easy and pleasant that i thought "Oh my all that i worried and it was nothing"
I had my appointment at 2.30pm, we arrived around 2.05 so they told us to sit and wait. It was us and a Russian couple that's it.
We waited for almost 15 minutes and they called us. First of all, we were not separated like i though, we were standing in front of a very
nice man. He asked my 3 questions: Have i ever been deported, have i ever committed a crime and if i was in a common law relationship. Thats it.
He took all the permits from my passport and told me to keep them and not to carry them since they were no longer valid. He made me check a paper with all my information (name, DOB, Date i came to Canada the first time and address) and to make sure everything was right because after he submits it he is no longer able to change it. I signed it and then he shook my hand and said Welcome to Canada!
That's it, so don't worry, there wasn't separated rooms or questions like which side of the bed you sleep on? what brand of toothpaste does your partner uses? none of that.
Thanks to everyone who helped me with information and i hope the best of luck to everyone who's still on the process.
kiss kiss
Coco
The reason you weren't asked any of those questions were because they were satisfied with your file already but yes those questions are asked in other interviews.. usually lasts 1-2 hours also. You simply had the landing interview. No more than 5-10 mins from questions to signing. Congrats to you though!

Tymir

Jul 14, 2017
London
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-11-2017
AOR Received.
15-01-2018
File Transfer...
06-02-2018
Med's Done....
06-06-2017
My application received Aug.23.2016, exactly the same. I hope we hear good news soon.
I haven't received that one yet. August 23rd 2016 application received. Fingers crossed.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Reactions: fabianonetto

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Reactions: f0rni

preet05

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
May 9 2016 applicant. SA received 3 months back, FBI submitted 1.5 months back , proof of cohabitation submitted more than 2 months back, Waiting waiting, Any ideal friends after SA what are the steps left, Called CIC, they said medicals passed, nothing required from my side.
They usually see the CSE in how much time so they can add the docs to our file's

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
May 9 2016 applicant. SA received 3 months back, FBI submitted 1.5 months back , proof of cohabitation submitted more than 2 months back, Waiting waiting, Any ideal friends after SA what are the steps left, Called CIC, they said medicals passed, nothing required from my side.
They usually see the CSE in how much time so they can add the docs to our file's
aip

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi everyone,

It's been really helpful reading over this thread, thank you all! I am sponsoring my husband inland and our application has been received on June 21, 2016:

June 29, 2016 started processing our application
September 2016: CIC asked my husband for a new police check from his home country and that was submitted and received
July 07, 2017 CIC asked husband for a new medical exam, RCMP fingerprint police check and a new copy of passport (because it has expired)
July 18: RCMP fingerprint mailed
July 26th 2017: e-medical submitted
July 25th: decision made on sponsor side and received approval letter

On my husbands side of permanent residence application it still says application received, also says medical results received, "we are checking whether you meet the elgibility requirements," "your medical results were successful", and the latest update is "we are processing your background check."

Any idea of what's next and when l can expect to hear back from CIC?

Thanks
Next will be them assessing the bona fides of your relationship evidence. Usually they do this soon after the SA is granted.

Can you verify there is nothing in ECAS (click on the PA link "Application Received" and paste the text into here -- sans personal info pls), and can you also share if they have requested any additional documentation?