AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
Lol are there any 2016 Inlanders waiting besides me and I think @rizaki ?

Reactions: rizaki

cenker

Star Member
Aug 1, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
11-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
June 2016
As I said, I have been waiting since July 13th (DM on ECAS) for the landing invitation. SA letter received, DM letter not yet.

Reactions: dominicantiguan

Chateau27

Jan 21, 2016
Hey everyone :) I have read through this thread a lot recently and it's been MUCH more helpful than calling CIC, so thank you!! I am sponsoring my partner from the UK. We originally submitted everything (including OWP) in August 2016. Unfortunately it was sent back to us in October 2016 due to a missing document. My partners visitor status expired right in between that, mid September 2016. We re-submitted and it was received Dec 1 2016. Got AOR Dec 20 2016. Since then, no movement. We called at the end of April to ask about the OWP and they told us it was under secondary review (they could not tell us why or what that is) and to call back mid July if we had not received it by then. We called back then and were told the same thing, that they could not give us any additional details, and to call back in a few months if we have still not received it.

Going through this thread I can now see that it is likely due to the fact the the PR app was sent back after the visitor visa was expired. If that's true, I have no idea why CIC could not tell us that on the phone. We have been worried that there is something more seriously wrong with the application and it's been a pretty shitty feeling not knowing anything! Anyway... I was just wondering what the likelihood of getting the OWP is? Is there anyone who was in a similar situation and received their OWP? Or are we basically going to get PR first and then whole OWP would have been a waste of time & money?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hey everyone :) I have read through this thread a lot recently and it's been MUCH more helpful than calling CIC, so thank you!! I am sponsoring my partner from the UK. We originally submitted everything (including OWP) in August 2016. Unfortunately it was sent back to us in October 2016 due to a missing document. My partners visitor status expired right in between that, mid September 2016. We re-submitted and it was received Dec 1 2016. Got AOR Dec 20 2016. Since then, no movement. We called at the end of April to ask about the OWP and they told us it was under secondary review (they could not tell us why or what that is) and to call back mid July if we had not received it by then. We called back then and were told the same thing, that they could not give us any additional details, and to call back in a few months if we have still not received it.

Going through this thread I can now see that it is likely due to the fact the the PR app was sent back after the visitor visa was expired. If that's true, I have no idea why CIC could not tell us that on the phone. We have been worried that there is something more seriously wrong with the application and it's been a pretty shitty feeling not knowing anything! Anyway... I was just wondering what the likelihood of getting the OWP is? Is there anyone who was in a similar situation and received their OWP? Or are we basically going to get PR first and then whole OWP would have been a waste of time & money?
Hi, thanks for posting :)

OK, so your OWP situation is likely because your partner was out of status. Regardless if they sent the OWP back as well, or if they kept the OWP package, your partner ran out of status in September 2016 (if I read correctly). So, that would mean, when you applied in December, you were well outside of the timeline to be able to restore status (and you are far, far outside that now).

What this means is: they are processing your partner's PR application under public policy. That means they cannot refuse your file based solely on being out of status. However, this also means they are not going to issue the OWP until they have granted AIP. Lately, AIP to DM has been a matter of hours to weeks. You can try to cancel the OWP, but I am not sure if they will, or if they will issue a refund. There is no harm in trying, I guess?

Reactions: sylvain1 and cenker

janecki

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012

We are in the same boat
My wife status expired on Nov 6 and they returned our application 2 weeks later as incomplete. We resubmitted and it was received successfully on Dec 3. Since then CIC sent my wife a request for Police certificates in April. I called CIC once and was told that the case will be finalized before Dec'17 but they wouldnt talk to me re OWP. We may have to leave Canada before that for couple of weeks due to family circumstances but I have no idea what kind of risk it may have.

f0rni

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
Category........
FAM
AOR Received.
24-08-2016
Med's Request
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
07-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-09-2017
@profiler @sylvain1

Does landing invitation come in mail or e-mail? Or can it be either of those two?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Reactions: sylvain1 and f0rni

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
We are in the same boat
My wife status expired on Nov 6 and they returned our application 2 weeks later as incomplete. We resubmitted and it was received successfully on Dec 3. Since then CIC sent my wife a request for Police certificates in April. I called CIC once and was told that the case will be finalized before Dec'17 but they wouldnt talk to me re OWP. We may have to leave Canada before that for couple of weeks due to family circumstances but I have no idea what kind of risk it may have.
I would highly recommend your wife not to travel until she gets PR. Due to her lost of status, which also means she is overstaying right now, there is a higher risk of being denied re-entry to Canada. If she cannot re-enter Canada her PR application will be deemed abandoned. You're quite at the end, so I would highly recommend to wait until she gets PR before travelling.

Reactions: profiler