+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

fabianonetto

Star Member
Apr 29, 2011
Toronto
Med's Done....
Upfront
There is no way to know for certain. Those are the only ones we were asked at Kitchener. Keep in mind (and share with her), it's not a test. It's simple questions that everyone knows the answers to (they and your wife). If she has someone translating, then it will be fine. Don't over think this.
I'm not and I told her exactly the same. She's not there to be tested. She's approved. If that was a relationship interview than it was a different history. Told her they just want to confirm some data that's it. Some people told they may ask as well when did her last entry Canada which she also knows but she seems to be way more nervous than I am.

To me it's all over already, she's approved, there's no way to step this back but she's really nervous and will not relax until the COPR is in her hand.

fabianonetto

Star Member
Apr 29, 2011
Toronto
Med's Done....
Upfront
I'm not and I told her exactly the same. She's not there to be tested. She's approved. If that was a relationship interview than it was a different history. Told her they just want to confirm some data that's it. Some people told they may ask as well when did her last entry Canada which she also knows but she seems to be way more nervous than I am.

To me it's all over already, she's approved, there's no way to step this back but she's really nervous and will not relax until the COPR is in her hand.
Anyway we just want to hear from those who landed what else are supposed to expect just in case

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
For those who did inland application and already landed I have a question here

Most people say that they basically ask 3 questions being:
1) have you ever been denied entry to Canada?
2) Do you have any dependents that are not listed in your application?
3) Have you ever been convicted of a crime inside or outside of Canada?

So has anyone experienced any other question besides this ones? My concern is that my wife's English level is not fluent and she will probably be a bit nervous at the time. We may have a friend who's going with us to translate to her but in case he can't go I'd like to know in advance what we may expect.

Thanks guys....
They will also ask you to confirm your last entry in Canada. They already have it on the CoPR document, but in our case, it was not correct. We showed the last stamp in the passport and they just corrected it by writing on the CoPR document. You will not be separated from your wife there, so there should be no need for a translator. Also, remember that this interview is not a test and there will be no questions that you are not expecting. Once there, really just enjoy the time!

Reactions: fabianonetto

fabianonetto

Star Member
Apr 29, 2011
Toronto
Med's Done....
Upfront
They will also ask you to confirm your last entry in Canada. They already have it on the CoPR document, but in our case, it was not correct. We showed the last stamp in the passport and they just corrected it by writing on the CoPR document. You will not be separated from your wife there, so there should be no need for a translator. Also, remember that this interview is not a test and there will be no questions that you are not expecting. Once there, really just enjoy the time!
I cannot be her translator since I am the sponsor right?

fabianonetto

Star Member
Apr 29, 2011
Toronto
Med's Done....
Upfront
She actually never left the country since January 2016 when we moved in so I guess that's not even gonna be an issue for us

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
I cannot be her translator since I am the sponsor right?
that would be true in the case of a relationship interview, but for the landing, they are not testing, so I'm sure there would not be any problem if you would need to translate one sentence.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

Well, Kitchener only asked those three (minor variation, but effectively the same). It's not at all a relationship interview. In fact -- at Kitchener -- I had to almost beg for them to even check my ID -- and they got my name wrong! They really only care that RPRF is paid, and that you have a valid passport. The rest is simple formality (they are required to ask those).

My wife was shitting bricks when we were driving into Kitchener to go to CIC. She didn't believe what I had already told her -- that in the span of less than an hour it would all be over. She was so nervous, she refused to even talk to me. Closer to CIC, she finally revealed that she was nervous because she was going into immigration (what if they say no? what if they deport me? etc). When they took her passport, she became even more nervous..... when they started asking the above questions (that I told her were coming), she broke out laughing. It made the officer look at her funny... that was her response to relief.

My message to your wife: it's not worth stressing about. They usually don't go passed the above questions. If it was a relationship interview -- you wouldn't have a decision made (why would they decide without being confident in the relation?????). Don't over think it. You will drive yourself mad.

fabianonetto

Star Member
Apr 29, 2011
Toronto
Med's Done....
Upfront
Well, Kitchener only asked those three (minor variation, but effectively the same). It's not at all a relationship interview. In fact -- at Kitchener -- I had to almost beg for them to even check my ID -- and they got my name wrong! They really only care that RPRF is paid, and that you have a valid passport. The rest is simple formality (they are required to ask those).

My wife was shitting bricks when we were driving into Kitchener to go to CIC. She didn't believe what I had already told her -- that in the span of less than an hour it would all be over. She was so nervous, she refused to even talk to me. Closer to CIC, she finally revealed that she was nervous because she was going into immigration (what if they say no? what if they deport me? etc). When they took her passport, she became even more nervous..... when they started asking the above questions (that I told her were coming), she broke out laughing. It made the officer look at her funny... that was her response to relief.

My message to your wife: it's not worth stressing about. They usually don't go passed the above questions. If it was a relationship interview -- you wouldn't have a decision made (why would they decide without being confident in the relation?????). Don't over think it. You will drive yourself mad.
A guy in a facebook group said that were asked how did they meet in the landing interview.....

Anyone ever heard of that???

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
A guy in a facebook group said that were asked how did they meet in the landing interview.....

Anyone ever heard of that???
Pure interest (making conversation).

RKAZI

Mar 18, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FAM
@profiler, in a previous post of @RKAZI , she mentioned that her husband is a Canadian, so they are fine. The only thing is to get the marriage certficate, which I'm sure, they can get from Pakistan. @RKAZI you probably can ask one of your family member (or husband's family) to get the marriage certificate for you in Pakistan and send it to you. Alternatively, you may check with a Pakistan consulate in Canada to see if you can order it through them.
Thank you so much for reading my post thoroughly and for a reply which makes sense. Lol
I have asked my relative to get the marriage cert for me from Pakistan and its on its way. I think I will just go with that one as that the legitimate wedding and no doubts will arrive.
P.S. Hats off to all you guys for helping us out. I went to a immigration lawyer yesterday in Tdot and found out they charge 5500$ for filing our sponsorship + PR Application. Our case is very straight forward have no criminal offence. Hubby doesn't make money but that's fine as he is not taking any social help from govt.

Also One more question, is there anyway to apply online or it has to be via mail.

Thanks

Reactions: sylvain1

meaningful1

Dec 9, 2016
London
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-16
AOR Received.
03-10-16
Y'all probably sleeping by now as it is 2am already here in Calgary.

Congrats Meaningful1! I am Aug 30, 2016 applicant, as I mentioned from my previous posts, I never received AOR, no email at all since I sent my application, worried maybe they lost the package, but this morning when I checked my inbox, I have a medical request! Yay! Finally, first correspondence from cic! Still application received on both Sponsor and Applicant side. Do you guys think my Medical Request is just another glitch from them? If not, do you guys have any idea which clinic offers the cheapest in Calgary?

Thank you! :)
Medical request glitch????
Doubt it. I would call to verify. Normally , these guys respond to the best of their ability. . . not necessarily what you might like to hear. . . so before calling, I normally write down in point/question order what I need clarifications on. I would suggest u give them a call

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
@meaningful1 : do you have DM on both sides in ECAS now?

Jodie0982

Oct 23, 2016
Niagara Falls
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
08-08-2016
Doc's Request.
20-04-2017
AOR Received.
29-08-2016
Med's Request
20-06-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017 (passed in mycic July 10)
LANDED..........
19-09-2017
Y'all probably sleeping by now as it is 2am already here in Calgary.

Congrats Meaningful1! I am Aug 30, 2016 applicant, as I mentioned from my previous posts, I never received AOR, no email at all since I sent my application, worried maybe they lost the package, but this morning when I checked my inbox, I have a medical request! Yay! Finally, first correspondence from cic! Still application received on both Sponsor and Applicant side. Do you guys think my Medical Request is just another glitch from them? If not, do you guys have any idea which clinic offers the cheapest in Calgary?

Thank you! :)
I received the medical requests glitch in myCIC, but I knew it was an error as there was no letter with instructions on what to do. When I received my actual medical request there was a letter with instructions and the IMM 1017 in myCIC. So if you received the letter with instructions then you should be good to go get it. It's all pretty quick after that... good luck :)
Ps I'd already landed and ecas still said 'application received', it updated to 'decision made' the next day :)

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
@legolg is supposed to land today.... hoping it all goes according to plan, and she doesn't get *too* drunk ;)

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Thank you so much for reading my post thoroughly and for a reply which makes sense. Lol
I have asked my relative to get the marriage cert for me from Pakistan and its on its way. I think I will just go with that one as that the legitimate wedding and no doubts will arrive.
P.S. Hats off to all you guys for helping us out. I went to a immigration lawyer yesterday in Tdot and found out they charge 5500$ for filing our sponsorship + PR Application. Our case is very straight forward have no criminal offence. Hubby doesn't make money but that's fine as he is not taking any social help from govt.

Also One more question, is there anyway to apply online or it has to be via mail.

Thanks
To my knowledge, you can submit via mail only.
Yes, Immigration lawyers are very expansive and not useful at all with a straightforward application. This forum will help you more, and for free, than any immigration lawyer would do!