03-08-2017
LANDED..........
28-11-2017
Sponsorship Application Status Permanent Residence Application Status
Meaningful1 Decision Made
Sponsor's side . . . this morning
Yesssssssssss!
Awesome!!! I wasn't feeling so good this morning but I am better now

Y'all probably sleeping by now as it is 2am already here in Calgary.

Congrats Meaningful1! I am Aug 30, 2016 applicant, as I mentioned from my previous posts, I never received AOR, no email at all since I sent my application, worried maybe they lost the package, but this morning when I checked my inbox, I have a medical request! Yay! Finally, first correspondence from cic! Still application received on both Sponsor and Applicant side. Do you guys think my Medical Request is just another glitch from them? If not, do you guys have any idea which clinic offers the cheapest in Calgary?

Thank you! :)

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Trucks are fun fir sure. I loved Nissan Titan. There is a $17000 discount going on in my vity for 2017 model now. It makes you feel safe comfy and roomy slong with power. Is yours Hellcat by the way?
No I don't have a hellcat and I meant the Mini would be fun.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

Congrats Meaningful1! I am Aug 30, 2016 applicant, as I mentioned from my previous posts, I never received AOR, no email at all since I sent my application, worried maybe they lost the package, but this morning when I checked my inbox, I have a medical request! Yay! Finally, first correspondence from cic! Still application received on both Sponsor and Applicant side. Do you guys think my Medical Request is just another glitch from them? If not, do you guys have any idea which clinic offers the cheapest in Calgary?

Probably not a mistake. I'm not from Alberta, so I can only go on info Google has -- so I'll defer this question to my Albertan colleagues.

Topalev

Jan 16, 2017
Update
So yesterday we did my landing at Etobicoke office.
Here is my time line:
Sent full application with police letter and medical by courier on August 3, 2016
Application received on August 4, 2016.
Acknowledging receipt of application on August 24, 2016.
Started processing application on August 23, 2016.
OWP in the mail box on Nov 14 2016
Sponsor Approval email June 29 2017
Applicant Approval email June 30 2017
Invitation for landing interview July 17 2017
Landing interview July 26 2017
-----
About landing interview
We came fully prepared with all papers and all docs(didn't need any print outs(except invitation) and needed only 1 photo)
At the reception, lady asked for invitation and then was looking for and kept checking and rechecking list (i got nervous hopping that it is in the list:) , finally after like 5 times checking she found it and given us number to wait.
Waited for like 30 min and then lady at the window was nice, all she asked for: invitation letter, passport, driving license for me and wife and her pr card. Then asking few reconfirming questions like when did you land, birthday, any crime committed and basically that is it, then she told few things about pr conditions like to be so many days in the country, not to take welfare(me & sponsor) for next 3 year or will need to pay it back etc and when can apply for citizenship and advised about going to service Canada to change sin and said congratulations. So it was very easy, smooth and all together took like 1h 5 min (including parking, changing sin, washroom and leaving parking lot). So it was much easier and faster than I thought.
Thanks to everybody for their support and help. Special thanks for Mr Profiler for answering all my questions in the past.
This is great forum with lots of information and real life experience/cases.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Update
Here is my time line:
Sent full application with police letter and medical by courier on August 3, 2016
-----
About landing interview
We came fully prepared with all papers and all docs(didn't need any print outs(except invitation) and needed only 1 photo)
At the reception, lady asked for invitation and then was looking for and kept checking and rechecking list (i got nervous hopping that it is in the list:) , finally after like 5 times checking she found it and given us number to wait.
Waited for like 30 min and then lady at the window was nice, all she asked for: invitation letter, passport, driving license for me and wife and her pr card. Then asking few reconfirming questions like when did you land, birthday, any crime committed and basically that is it, then she told few things about pr conditions like to be so many days in the country, not to take welfare(me & sponsor) for next 3 year or will need to pay it back etc and when can apply for citizenship and advised about going to service Canada to change sin and said congratulations. So it was very easy, smooth and all together took like 1h 5 min (including parking, changing sin, washroom and leaving parking lot). So it was much easier and faster than I thought.
Thanks to everybody for their support and help. Special thanks for Mr Profiler for answering all my questions in the past.
Congrats! It coulda been 1h if you didn't stop to pee! ;)

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Reactions: sylvain1

masouleht

Star Member
Apr 8, 2017
I agree, it does get really depressing and I am generally an impatient person to begin with, but this has really tested me. I was feeling that April and May applicants were being passed over (Im May 9th, 2016). Crossing fingers we arent forgotten and they are just taking their sweet time.

And yes, is very difficult for me also to get through to be put on hold to talk to someone, spent most of today trying.

I wish for things to start moving along for you.
Ask your MP.Theyhavet immigration person and he can ask your most update information
Update
Here is my time line:
-----
About landing interview
I am so happy for you. My application received Aug.23.2016

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
Update
Here is my time line:
-----
About landing interview

Congrats! & Where did you apply from?

TempestD

Jan 28, 2014
App. Filed.......
29-09-2016
AOR Received.
29-10-016
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
08-12-2017
got the DM letter today, yay! Seems nice to have the actual letter and not just see it in ECAS and think its a dream, lol.
And Im definitely landing in St Johns....come on landing letter!!!
Nice to see things moving along again :)

"We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in St. John's IRCC will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application."
Congrats!!!!

Reactions: dskeard

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
Thanks. I applied from Toronto, case was received in Mississagua, moved to Alberta and I landed in Etobicoke.
Yesterday Etobicoke office was quite busy but line(numbers) moves fast.
Oh wow, thats awesome! Good for you!

Tyara

Star Member
Feb 24, 2012
Calgary
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
21-04-2016
Med's Request
30-05-2017
Med's Done....
02-06-2017. Med's passed 13-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
DM 17-06-2017
LANDED..........
29-06-2017

Not sure where is the cheapest, but I did at Dr. Grunberg in the 4th street SW. It was 225 cad, I believe, but only for exam. I did xray in the Core and blood work in downtown.

fabianonetto

Star Member
Apr 29, 2011
Toronto
Med's Done....
Upfront
For those who did inland application and already landed I have a question here

Most people say that they basically ask 3 questions being:
1) have you ever been denied entry to Canada?
2) Do you have any dependents that are not listed in your application?
3) Have you ever been convicted of a crime inside or outside of Canada?

So has anyone experienced any other question besides this ones? My concern is that my wife's English level is not fluent and she will probably be a bit nervous at the time. We may have a friend who's going with us to translate to her but in case he can't go I'd like to know in advance what we may expect.

Thanks guys....

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
For those who did inland application and already landed I have a question here

Most people say that they basically ask 3 questions being:
1) have you ever been denied entry to Canada?
2) Do you have any dependents that are not listed in your application?
3) Have you ever been convicted of a crime inside or outside of Canada?

So has anyone experienced any other question besides this ones? My concern is that my wife's English level is not fluent and she will probably be a bit nervous at the time. We may have a friend who's going with us to translate to her but in case he can't go I'd like to know in advance what we may expect.

Thanks guys....
There is no way to know for certain. Those are the only ones we were asked at Kitchener. Keep in mind (and share with her), it's not a test. It's simple questions that everyone knows the answers to (they and your wife). If she has someone translating, then it will be fine. Don't over think this.