+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

mohamednbil179

Star Member
Feb 16, 2017
Where are you living? If you don't have driving license you can make photo card for your government issued identification. It shows your address
i did this today her in Toronto, but they said i will receive the cards after 6 weeks, but gave me a paper has my information, can i submit this paper with my application ?

novitakrnawn

Dec 2, 2016
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
App. Filed.......
14-DEC-2016
AOR Received.
04-JAN-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
LANDED..........
27-JUL-2017
i did photo card for government issued identification today here in canada, but they said i am gonna receive it after six weeks, but they gave me a paper has my information, can i submit this with my application???????
If the paper has your address then i guess you can submit it too

mohamednbil179

Star Member
Feb 16, 2017
Then i guess you can include it as well since it has your address
ok, i am gonna submit this papers and joint lease and joint accoun bank and my sin paper has the same address , and my phone contract with bell has my wife as authorization person means she cann access my account, do u see this enough for the immigration?

mohamednbil179

Star Member
Feb 16, 2017
@novitakrnawn , i have one more question my wife is the sponser , her income in the assement for tax2016 is 25000 $, is this enough or no??
and the lease contrtact has my name and her name and her son. is it ok???

novitakrnawn

Dec 2, 2016
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
App. Filed.......
14-DEC-2016
AOR Received.
04-JAN-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
LANDED..........
27-JUL-2017
ok, i am gonna submit this papers and joint lease and joint accoun bank and my sin paper has the same address , and my phone contract with bell has my wife as authorization person means she cann access my account, do u see this enough for the immigration?
Should be enough. My application didn't have joint lease and phone contract and i passed.

novitakrnawn

Dec 2, 2016
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
App. Filed.......
14-DEC-2016
AOR Received.
04-JAN-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
LANDED..........
27-JUL-2017
@novitakrnawn , i have one more question my wife is the sponser , her income in the assement for tax2016 is 25000 $, is this enough or no??
I don't really understand about tax thing. Maybe @profiler can answer this question for you. But as profiler said before, its kinda hard to got rejected as sponsor.

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
The income amount does not matter. As long as she isn't on welfare you're good to go

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
It's ok as long she's not on welfare does not matter how much she makes

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I don't really understand about tax thing. Maybe @profiler can answer this question for you. But as profiler said before, its kinda hard to got rejected as sponsor.
For spousal sponsorships (and dependent children), there is no low-income cut off. So, as long as she is not collecting social assistance for any reason other than a disability, money doesn't matter.

As a sponsor, I did submit NoA's and employment information to prove that I work to support myself. As long as she has provided some explanation as to how she supports herself, that would be enough. An NoA and or employment proof is usually enough.

Every Canadian citizen, and Permanent Resident has the right to sponsor. The only cases where they cannot are:
- the sponsor is already sponsoring someone else (the undertaking is 36 months)
- the sponsor is undischarged bankrupt
- the sponsor is in prison
- the sponsor has been convicted of a violent crime against a family member (domestic)
- the sponsor is not presently collecting social assistance
- the sponsor has an outstanding balance owed on a claim for social assistance (if it was deemed necessary, those have to be repaid)

As long as those very specific things are not true, then she can sponsor.

Last edited:

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
How was everyone's holiday weekend? I'd say we did see a valiant effort by CIC to make it a special Canada Day for some new PR's :). This I am happy for!

We now have a bunch who are DM, and some got AIP's. For those who were requested to, or did respond to document requests, it should be about 45-60 days before they can get them added to your file. You might see some movement just after 60 days. If you had SA (which is likely) when they sent the request, you might end up just going straight to DM.

We are now entering vacation season, so I suspect you may see a little bit of a slow down in processing. I had noted this last year and the year previous as well. Rest assured they are still working, but perhaps not as fast.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this thread. We are planning of submitting my husband application next month. We just got married in April(Marriage Certificate is out) this year after dated for 8months. Im PR have been here for 13years originally from congo. My husband moved to Canada as an international student from Nigerian just in May 2016 then we met in August 2016, after dated for couple of months we finally was officially married in April 2017.

We have all the proves of our relationship and wedding pictures with all my family members present except that his family members are all back home and couldn't make it but they did had a get together and send us photos too. He also had to fly from Winipeg 5times to visit me during the time we were dating because I lived in Victoria BC (Different province.) We have all air ticket recipts for his visit as prove as well.

He pause his school and finally moved to Victoria because of the nice weather we have here and I also have my job here too. We are working on him transfering few courses he took in winnipeg to any school here and finish up when he gets his papers or before then anyone that works for us.

And we also thinking if it is possible to apply for open work permit so he can work full-time save up and go back to school after his PR is approved or go to school same thing but not sure if he will still be allowed to continue his school with open work permit and his study permit will expire in 2019.

We are currently living together happly and he got a part time job here while im working full time. We plan submitting our application next month and look forward to getting all the advice we need on how to go about it in here thanks☺
Have you looked at any of the paperwork yet? http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

If you look in my signature, there is a link to another post I did that explains how to fill out to the Open Work Permit (OWP). You pay for both (and send the receipts with your package) and they will send them to the appropriate offices.

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
How was everyone's holiday weekend? I'd say we did see a valiant effort by CIC to make it a special Canada Day for some new PR's :). This I am happy for!

We now have a bunch who are DM, and some got AIP's. For those who were requested to, or did respond to document requests, it should be about 45-60 days before they can get them added to your file. You might see some movement just after 60 days. If you had SA (which is likely) when they sent the request, you might end up just going straight to DM.

We are now entering vacation season, so I suspect you may see a little bit of a slow down in processing. I had noted this last year and the year previous as well. Rest assured they are still working, but perhaps not as fast.
"Vacation" You sure know how to kill my hopes Prof! LOL.. it's been 30 days since I submitted my requested documents and remember I stated that some of it got uploaded to my file (I see that on my notes) but they haven't actually acknowledged a receipt yet. Still no SA/AIP or DM Hopefullly I hear something soon! As for a Canada Day, Great fireworks as usual at centennial park! Hope everyone had a splendid weekend!