Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
The only letter I received was the refusal letter.

The MP wasn't there when my husband and I went. We spoke to his people in the office and that's what they told us. And I went the day after it was suggested.

I submitted:
Lease agreement
Joint bank account
An old car insurance with my name on it
And letters we receive at the address

I am sorry

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I agree, they should be helping whatever their opinions are, and maybe a lot of them do. But some are clearly not helping. We had a lot of help from the previous MP when we wanted my wife's family to come for our wedding. Was it because it was an NDP or because they were just doing their job? Now we have a conservative, I felt listened when we met his employees when we were desperately waiting for SA and AIP, but I didn't feel they were willing to push for us.
Marwan Tabbara is a Lib, and his office went above and beyond for us. Even when I called and "re-opened" my file because we got a medical request -- they called me back, after calling their Tier 3 CIC contact (25 mins max) and explained the whole deal to me. 25 mins.

I just hate it when people are paid to help, and they don't bother. We all know they can!

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Mississauga, Ontario
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
13.5 is when we landed. So it's not too bad. Should be any day now...

Winnipeg is ground zero... They seem to like Emerson...
Thank's again profiler. By the way for the medical expense, is that possible if we can reimburse that in your medical insurance (company benefits)? or filing the tax next year.
Thanks

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thank's again profiler. By the way for the medical expense, is that possible if we can reimburse that in your medical insurance (company benefits)? or filing the tax next year.
Thanks
Most won't cover it -- you can try, but most won't. We asked about the PR expenses, and our accountant said, "Nyet". So, no you can't claim those (so I am told).

Gloria217

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26-02-2016
Med's Request
24-10-2016
Thanks @carolbb23. It Will be fine, just my luck I guess. The interviewer didn't even send back my original documents she took in the interview. She said she will arrange a time I can pick them up. @profiler and @sylvain1 the impression I get from the MP employees was to just go ahead and reapply. They Will request my file and get back to me. So I am going to do just that. My husband didn't even get a proper interview, but such is life.
I have been searching for the Statutory Declaration form online, can not seem to find the correct one; @profiler can you send me the link please. Appreciate it loads.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thanks @carolbb23. It Will be fine, just my luck I guess. The interviewer didn't even send back my original documents she took in the interview. She said she will arrange a time I can pick them up. @profiler and @sylvain1 the impression I get from the MP employees was to just go ahead and reapply. They Will request my file and get back to me. So I am going to do just that. My husband didn't even get a proper interview, but such is life.
I have been searching for the Statutory Declaration form online, can not seem to find the correct one; @profiler can you send me the link please. Appreciate it loads.
You can just whip one up. If you PM me an email address, I can send a sample..

Reactions: carolbb23

meaningful1

Dec 9, 2016
London
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-16
AOR Received.
03-10-16
To all fathers
both mothers who have played an excellent roles, and real fathers.
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY
For those who think the process is unbearable!!!!

“Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficulty…
I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life.
I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well.”

― Theodore Roosevelt

Gloria217

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26-02-2016
Med's Request
24-10-2016
You can just whip one up. If you PM me an email address, I can send a sample..
I am not able to send you a private message.
The letters I have are signed by notary public, would that be the same?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
To all fathers
both mothers who have played an excellent roles, and real fathers.
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY
For those who think the process is unbearable!!!!

“Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficulty…
I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life.
I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well.”

― Theodore Roosevelt
Did you get a chance to hear from your kids?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I am not able to send you a private message.
The letters I have are signed by notary public, would that be the same?
https://www.servicealberta.ca/pdf/ltmanual/STATUTORY__DECLARATION.pdf that's a blank form-fill pdf that you can type what you want into it.

Ours stated this:
"
1) Mr Profiler and Mr Profiler married on June 19 2015, at Kitchener Ontario. No one from Mr Profiler's family attended, at his request.

2) With the exclusion of 1 month, Ms Profiler has lived at their family home in Cambridge, Ontario since June 2015 continuously.

3) I would characterize their relationship as deepening and on-going.
"

<and my parents included:>
"
4) Ms Profiler is an excellent step-mother to our grandson.
"
It's then taken to a Notary to be signed by the person who wishes to attest to the statements, and them and the Notary sign it together at that time.

Reactions: carolbb23

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
Today my MyCIC account was updated and now, under the review of additional documents it is written "We do not need additional documents" :) Also, my Review of eligibility is updated to "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements". Does this mean that I can expect AIP soon? :D
*wishful thinking*
Our MyCIC still says "We need additional documents to process your application. Check your messages below for details." But there is no message.

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
ok, Ive heard of the AIP....is this it?? If so I got it today, this after my status was DM

"It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements.
Congrats Dskeard!

Reactions: dskeard

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
Profiler 1....board -1.

But they need AC in the dojo...and wow I had to do jumping jacks and pushups... And the only 39yo in the room...
Yayy!! Happy Belated Father's Day!

Reactions: profiler

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I have seen several (many?) requests for additional documentation lately. I wanted to compile a list of what CIC's operations manual IP-8 states as examples of evidence for:

Relationship (Married):
  • a completed Spouse/Common-law Partner Questionnaire (IMM 5285; included in the application package);
  • a marriage certificate;
  • proof of divorce if either the applicant or spouse was previously married; and,
  • evidence that the applicant lives with the sponsor, such as
    • mortgage, lease
    • other documents showing the same address for both, e.g. government-issued identification documents, driver’s license, insurance policies.
  • If the applicant and sponsor have children in common, long-form birth certificates or adoption records listing the names of both parents.
Evidence may also include:
  • wedding invitations and photos;
  • Proof of joint bank accounts, e.g. bank statement or a letter from a financial institution;
  • documents from other institutions or other government authorities, such as the Canada Revenue Agency, that indicate a marital relationship.

Relationship (Common-Law):
In the case of a common-law partner, documentary evidence should include:
  • a completed Spouse/Common-law Partner Questionnaire (IMM 5285; included in the application package)
  • a statutory declaration of common-law relationship (included in the application package);
  • proof of separation from a former spouse if either the sponsor or the applicant were previously married; and
  • evidence that they have been living together for at least one year (e.g. documents showing the same address for both).
Evidence may also include:
  • documents from other institutions or other government authorities, such as the Canada Revenue Agency, that indicate a marital or common-law relationship;
  • documents indicating joint ownership of property (mortgages, leases);
  • joint bank accounts; and
  • insurance policies.

Co-habitation:

Documents provided as proof of the relationship should also establish that the spouse or common-law partner and the sponsor are living together. If this is not clear from the evidence available, the CPC-M should request further documents or refer to a CIC for an interview. Evidence of cohabitation may include:
  • joint bank accounts or credit cards;
  • joint ownership of residential property;
  • joint residential leases;
  • joint rental receipts;
  • joint utilities accounts (electricity, gas, telephone);
  • joint management of household expenditures;
  • evidence of joint purchases, especially for household items;
  • correspondence addressed to either or both parties at the same address;
  • important documents of both parties show the same address, for example, identification documents, driver’s licenses, insurance policies;
  • shared responsibility for household management, household chores;
  • children of one or both partners are residing with the couple;
  • record of telephone calls.
Persons who are not cohabiting with their sponsor at the time CIC seeks to grant permanent residence (persons who have been removed or who have left Canada voluntarily), are not eligible to be granted permanent residence in the Spouse or common-law partner class and may apply in the family class (overseas).

Your application can (and probably should) contain a few letters or (even better) Statutory Declarations from family and friends that would know of the relationship.

Last edited: