+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

Sam8119

Aug 26, 2016
Quick question guys, if anybody is acquainted with NEXUS program, do you know if I can apply for it with COPR document or do I have to wait for PR card?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Quick question guys, if anybody is acquainted with NEXUS program, do you know if I can apply for it with COPR document or do I have to wait for PR card?
Probably could try with COPR, but I'd wait and just try with PR Card...

Reactions: Sam8119

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

enkarthik

Dec 19, 2014
Hello All,

I would require your advise on the below questions:

1) I hold Canada PR and I recently got married. I live in Montreal. I got my wife to Canada on a visitor visa.I now want to apply for Inland PR and Work Permit together. Could you please let me know what could be the timeline to get the Work permit and the PR?
2) My wife does not have work experience, So will the WP get approved?
3) In the work permit application, what should I fill in the previous work experience section as it is compulsory to fill that section?
4) Also to get the open work permit, Do I need to apply for CSQ/CAQ?

Thanks for your advise.

Regards,
Karthik

Last edited:

utopia2016

Jun 13, 2017
Thanks Sam, it definitely helps, wish I am as lucky:)

Hi Utopia,
No I did not get any SA or AIP, on June 6 my mycic eligibility check changed to under review and next day I got an email from directly landing office while all other things were under process. Hope that helps :)

Reactions: Sam8119

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hello All,

I would require your advise on the below questions:

1) I hold Canada PR and I recently got married. I live in Montreal. I got my wife to Canada on a visitor visa.I now want to apply for Inland PR and Work Permit together. Could you please let me know what could be the timeline to get the Work permit and the PR?
2) My wife does not have work experience, So will the WP get approved?
3) In the work permit application, what should I fill in the previous work experience section as it is compulsory to fill that section?

Thanks for your advise.

Regards,
Karthik
~4 mos for Work Permit. ~12mos for PR.

It's not really required, but if the form is demanding it, and she has no work history, you can just put general labour ?

As to the CSQ, no I think that's only to settle (PR).

Last edited:
Reactions: carolbb23

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
IRCC is processing applications received before Monday, April 25 2016.
They moved up 4 days in the last 12 days, it seems like they have been slowed down.
It used to move up by a week every week or so.
Wow, that's true. Used to be a week at a time. They slowed down then. I suppose the webform backlog could've caused this? It seems like they're 1.5 months delayed on the webform. Based off personal experience

Reactions: Whimsical04

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Wow, that's true. Used to be a week at a time. They slowed down then. I suppose the webform backlog could've caused this? It seems like they're 1.5 months delayed on the webform. Based off personal experience
It may be true. If they are waiting for submitted documents. That said, it's the same department, I think, that is also handling the digitizing the docs being sent via courier.

So, it might be fair to say, there is a tremendous amount of document requests?

nick_ind

Star Member
Jul 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
29-09-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP-G results sent with Appilcation
Med's Request
05-03-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-05-2014
LANDED..........
10-05-2014
I have got sponsor approval today , CIC received my spouse application on 6th June 2016, almost an year.

Also my wife received medical exam request, we submitted upfront medical though, not sure if it is not valid after an year or it was system generated email sent to all the people, if anyone have clue please suggest.

Reactions: profiler

mohamednbil179

Star Member
Feb 16, 2017
~4 mos for Work Permit. ~12mos for PR.

It's not really required, but if the form is demanding it, and she has no work history, you can just put general labour ?

As to the CSQ, no I think that's only to settle (PR).[/
@profiler, i sent my birth certificate with my application, but i did not send my wife's birth certificate. my wife sponsors me , i have read there are some people there applications have been returned because they need the birth cetificates of the family. for who they need birth certificates

mohamednbil179

Star Member
Feb 16, 2017
i sent my birth certificate with my application, but i did not send my wife's birth certificate. my wife sponsors me , i have read there are some people there applications have been returned because they need the birth cetificates of the family. for who they need birth certificates
I have got sponsor approval today , CIC received my spouse application on 6th June 2016, almost an year.

Also my wife received medical exam request, we submitted upfront medical though, not sure if it is not valid after an year or it was system generated email sent to all the people, if anyone have clue please suggest.
please, i want to ask you . i sent my birth certificate with my application, but i did not send my wife's birth certificate. my wife sponsors me , i have read there are some people there applications have been returned because they need the birth cetificates of the family. for who they need birth certificates

Benlie

Star Member
Jun 12, 2013
Hi i just wonder should i re do medicaltest again? I submitted before with my application in june 2016 and it said Pass on mycic but i think it's expired . I wanna do it before they request , is it possible? Thanks