Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2016
AOR Received.
13-04-2016
profiler said:
Strange. Just a PP and a WP? They asked for a WP??

I mean, if the letter doesn't say, "In order to continue processing", then I guess it's positive...
Hi Profiler, below is an excerpt from the letter they sent which makes me think it is just a formality now of getting my permanent residency, fingers crossed that is the case anyway

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Canada Immigration Centre in Edmonton IRCC will contact you to arrange an appointment for
the finalization of your permanent resident application.

IMPORTANT: You and your family members, if any, will be required to present original
identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration Centre at your appointment. A final
decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be made at that time. If
permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the confirmation of permanent
resident document is your name as it appears on your passport or identity documents.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Crais84 said:
Hi Profiler, below is an excerpt from the letter they sent which makes me think it is just a formality now of getting my permanent residency, fingers crossed that is the case anyway

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Canada Immigration Centre in Edmonton IRCC will contact you to arrange an appointment for

IMPORTANT: You and your family members, if any, will be required to present original
identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration Centre at your appointment. A final
decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be made at that time. If
permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the confirmation of permanent
resident document is your name as it appears on your passport or identity documents.
Yeah it's positive. You're done. But why on earth would they care about the WP??

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Crais84 said:

congratulations

mmusial15

Oct 18, 2016
Alberta, Canada
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Doc's Request.
17-10-2016
AOR Received.
25-07-2016
Med's Request
06-21-2017
Med's Done....
07-07-2017
profiler said:
Hi preet, I cannot answer this at all. Sorry. I will defer to someone who has had to order the FBI package. My wife is from Eastern Europe, and her first and only experience in North America is Ontario.

So, speaking from personal experience here....I was going to wait to send in my FBI report until I found out it takes like 3-6 months to get that paperwork sent to you from the FBI unless you go through a third party company, and then it takes like 24 hours up to a week, depending upon how you choose to receive it etc. The FBI will NOT send your information to anyone other than yourself, unless they were maybe to receive a direct request from CIC (unfortunately, they will not do this- you'll have to gather it all yourself). Hopefully that answers that question. If CIC is expecting that paperwork within a months time, I would advise you get to that immediately so that you can get it sent to you as soon as possible. The problem with this whole FBI system is- they will Not mail it to Canada. I had to have mine sent to my mothers home (in care of) and she had to mail it up to me from the states so it took a bit longer to get it ( I think about a month and a half). Good luck!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
mmusial15 said:
So, speaking from personal experience here....I was going to wait to send in my FBI report until I found out it takes like 3-6 months to get that paperwork sent to you from the FBI unless you go through a third party company, and then it takes like 24 hours up to a week, depending upon how you choose to receive it etc. The FBI will NOT send your information to anyone other than yourself, unless they were maybe to receive a direct request from CIC (unfortunately, they will not do this- you'll have to gather it all yourself). Hopefully that answers that question. If CIC is expecting that paperwork within a months time, I would advise you get to that immediately so that you can get it sent to you as soon as possible. The problem with this whole FBI system is- they will Not mail it to Canada. I had to have mine sent to my mothers home (in care of) and she had to mail it up to me from the states so it took a bit longer to get it ( I think about a month and a half). Good luck!
Hey thanks for answering this one. It's out of my wheelhouse :).

Regarding CIC requesting it... funny enough, there is tight integration between Canada's Public Safety Ministry and DHS. CBSA and CBP very frequently query each other's systems to get information. Proof of this: Order your GCMS notes in a few months time. You'll see an entry where they requested a fingerprint check against the US to see if they'd get a hit. It's automatic for every case.

mmusial15

Oct 18, 2016
Alberta, Canada
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Doc's Request.
17-10-2016
AOR Received.
25-07-2016
Med's Request
06-21-2017
Med's Done....
07-07-2017
profiler said:
Hey thanks for answering this one. It's out of my wheelhouse :).

Regarding CIC requesting it... funny enough, there is tight integration between Canada's Public Safety Ministry and DHS. CBSA and CBP very frequently query each other's systems to get information. Proof of this: Order your GCMS notes in a few months time. You'll see an entry where they requested a fingerprint check against the US to see if they'd get a hit. It's automatic for every case.
Ya know, about that....I am unable to access anything. I have been trying to link my account for months and keep getting error messages, then too many attempt messages. I have filed two separate inquiries for technical support. The first time I was advised to create a new account and try again. I am still waiting on the response from the second inquiry....I have no clue what is going on. Half the time, I believe I am overwhelmed because I literally am in the dark and have no clue what is going on with my case. (until I get a surprise letter in the mail like I did last Friday)...I would rather follow it and keep my sanity. :) Anyone else had a problem with this and any suggestions?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
mmusial15 said:
Ya know, about that....I am unable to access anything. I have been trying to link my account for months and keep getting error messages, then too many attempt messages. I have filed two separate inquiries for technical support. The first time I was advised to create a new account and try again. I am still waiting on the response from the second inquiry....I have no clue what is going on. Half the time, I believe I am overwhelmed because I literally am in the dark and have no clue what is going on with my case. (until I get a surprise letter in the mail like I did last Friday)...I would rather follow it and keep my sanity. :) Anyone else had a problem with this and any suggestions?
I can't recall what the magic voodoo was to get myCIC to work. Since we linked months ago, we just use the bank card to check.. There is a few on this thread who do know how to make myCIC give up the goods...

mmusial15

Oct 18, 2016
Alberta, Canada
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Doc's Request.
17-10-2016
AOR Received.
25-07-2016
Med's Request
06-21-2017
Med's Done....
07-07-2017
Unfortunately, my bank is American and my husbands bank is not on there...so I had to use my GCKey to make an account and it will not link no matter what I do. It's quite frustrating, so anyone with any advice....that would be oh so helpful.

Maina4576

Star Member
Jan 2, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
19-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Nothing requested
AOR Received.
11-01-2017 / 19-01-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront 3-12-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Present it on day of appointment
LANDED..........
6-6-2017
With pleasure, today april 3 rd i got my opw....It feels good to start working again very soon...Praise the Lord...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Maina4576 said:
With pleasure, today april 3 rd i just got my opw....It feels good to start working again very soon...Praise the Lord...
Congrats

novitakrnawn

Dec 2, 2016
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
App. Filed.......
14-DEC-2016
AOR Received.
04-JAN-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
LANDED..........
27-JUL-2017
Hi!
December 14 application here. I just got my OWP in mail today too. Issued on march 27.
;D ;D ;D

Maina4576

Star Member
Jan 2, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
19-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Nothing requested
AOR Received.
11-01-2017 / 19-01-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront 3-12-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Present it on day of appointment
LANDED..........
6-6-2017
Thanks Profiler and Congrats Novitakrawn

RaviJ

Star Member
Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9/27/16
AOR Received.
11/02/16
Med's Done....
upfront
Maina4576 said:
With pleasure, today april 3 rd i got my opw....It feels good to start working again very soon...Praise the Lord...
Congrats Maina4576....happy for you

Maina4576

Star Member
Jan 2, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
19-12-2016
Doc's Request.