+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

SA_to_Canada

Oct 3, 2016
fabianonetto said:
I hope not profiler

Last year was like hell for us. Our life's completely struggled. My wife has no public health. She does not speak english and also there's no way for her to study (Cause she's a hell of a visitor so international students' rates) and now this thing of her father 2 weeks ago

Man I never felt as a piece of sh... as I did the two last weeks. I called CIC waiting for an answer like "In case of a family loss she can go and return" but no what I heard was "She can go out anytime she wants but if the border agent denies her entry her application is abandoned?"

What the hell man? Abandoned cause she went to bury her father? What is the concept of family for this guys? Wish sometimes she was a refugee. Our life would be way easier....

She would have health, free english classes, assistance here, assistance there. Thank god there are foodbanks man, those are what are saving our lifes for the last 6 months....
I know the agony of such a decision. My wife initially applied for PR in August 2014. Her father passed away in November 2014 and she made the hard decision to leave Canada to go bury her father and mourn with her family. She had been here on a one-entry visitor visa, and when I tried to get her back after the funeral, she was denied as she no longer met the definition of "visitor". I was outraged, consulted with a lawyer and expressed the ridiculousness of the situation to my MP. Our 6 month old daughter went with her as we had no one to care for her while I worked. So here we were, doing everything legally, and only through a tragic family event, had to abandon the PR process and face the denial of her reentry to Canada with our Canadian-born daughter. So all of this "family first" garbage from the government is nonsense. They were keeping my wife and daughter from me.

After an exhaustive effort to comply with the "visitor" requirements (done all by myself, by the way, since the lawyer and consultants said it was unlikely they could get it approved), we were able to get an approval for her return to Canada under a one-entry visitor visa again (even though I had gotten her mother and brother multiple-entry visitor visas, go figure) in January 2015. Life happened, and after getting a student visa while she completed her studies, we reapplied for PR in Feb 2016. Thankfully, we are almost to the end, just awaiting the landing interview letter.

I hope at some point they change the rules regarding immediate family deaths and allow those grieved to attend funerals without losing status in Canada.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Wife's MyCIC today:

Application status We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results We are reviewing the results of your medical exam.
Review of additional documents Not applicable.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I find the medical funny...

polarvolcano

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
profiler said:
Wife's MyCIC today:

Application status We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I think the request for you to do another medical was sent in error. I am in the same situation - I just sent the previous eMedical form via CSE. myCIC also says this for me now as well. Hopefully you get that DM letter before your booked doctor's appointment and save yourself $200.

Hope-for-luck

Star Member
Aug 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-06-2016 PCC requested
AOR Received.
15-03-2016 / 13-06-2016
[/quote]

Good evening, good news, I just got a Landing
interview email from local CIC, My wife will be landing on
April 4th, Wow very fast, just got DM on March 21st 2017.

Good luck everyone. all the best to come.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
polarvolcano said:
I think the request for you to do another medical was sent in error. I am in the same situation - I just sent the previous eMedical form via CSE. myCIC also says this for me now as well. Hopefully you get that DM letter before your booked doctor's appointment and save yourself $200.
CIC's level 3 agents (the ones MP's call into) said it wasn't in error, and that they want it done ASAP. Validity Period states November 25 2016. So, technically, it's not valid any longer. We will hold onto the appointment anyway. If we end up going and they DM without the results, then $200 was collateral damage for being compliant, right?

Once she has the PR, she will never have to do this stuff again... And it's not like it's $13k...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hope-for-luck said:

Which office?

SA_to_Canada

Oct 3, 2016
polarvolcano said:
For medical, I think that is just their standard (inaccurate) boilerplate wording. When we received the request for medicals on Feb 22 2017, the next day in MyCIC it also changed to "we are reviewing the results of your medical exam." They did not get our medical results for until two weeks after that, and then the description changed to "passed" three days after that.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
profiler said:
Nope. Your only view is eCAS, my friend.

This is why I have to wait for her bank card for information. She did this, so I wouldn't keep checking every day and reporting to her no change. It pissed her off...

I know my friend same with my friend me. Carol was like relax

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
SA_to_Canada said:
For medical, I think that is just their standard (inaccurate) boilerplate wording. When we received the request for medicals on Feb 22 2017, the next day in MyCIC it also changed to "we are reviewing the results of your medical exam." They did not get our medical results for until two weeks after that, and then the description changed to "passed" three days after that.
For us, it was already "Passed", and I have GCMS notes stating the same (Want the Doctor's ID??) eCAS and myCIC are reporting there is a medical there. MyCIC is now not saying passed.

Hope-for-luck

Star Member
Aug 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-06-2016 PCC requested
AOR Received.
15-03-2016 / 13-06-2016
zumbagirl said:
Congrats Zumbagirl, I just got a landing appointment
on April 4th the same place as you will land.

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
profiler said:
Wife's MyCIC today:

Thanks Profiler. Gosh I hope we do not have to redo the medical too. It expires in June 2017.

Our Review of eligibility: Your application is in progress. The next step is to review your eligibility.

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
Hope-for-luck said:

Yay Hope. Great news. Congrats.

Hope-for-luck

Star Member
Aug 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-06-2016 PCC requested
AOR Received.
15-03-2016 / 13-06-2016

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
fabianonetto said:
I hope not profiler

Last year was like hell for us. Our life's completely struggled. My wife has no public health. She does not speak english and also there's no way for her to study (Cause she's a hell of a visitor so international students' rates) and now this thing of her father 2 weeks ago

Man I never felt as a piece of sh... as I did the two last weeks. I called CIC waiting for an answer like "In case of a family loss she can go and return" but no what I heard was "She can go out anytime she wants but if the border agent denies her entry her application is abandoned?"

What the hell man? Abandoned cause she went to bury her father? What is the concept of family for this guys? Wish sometimes she was a refugee. Our life would be way easier....

She would have health, free english classes, assistance here, assistance there. Thank god there are foodbanks man, those are what are saving our lifes for the last 6 months....

Cic is like God I am sorry

Hope-for-luck

Star Member
Aug 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-06-2016 PCC requested
AOR Received.
15-03-2016 / 13-06-2016
browning911 said:
Yay Hope. Great news. Congrats.
thank you browning911 , your turn will come very soon too.