00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
profiler said:
Well, Mattars got an SA -- I want one too! When I mentioned that, and what sylvan reported this morning to a friend of mine, they reminded me of my January projections. Apparently I might be closer than I thought?

It's become a bet between myself and the missus -- I am not permitted to disclose what is on the line in said bet.
I already know! ;)

I am behind you and Matthars. So we will get SA after you. ;D From my fingers to God's ears.

I think Botengcoke and us submitted on same day but they never asked him for updated forms. So maybe we are further behind him.

Lizann

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
Reading the updates - if I'm correct - there's about a year in between SA & AIPs after Works permit are received ?.
Just trying to get a feel for time frames we face as we did get his work permit a few weeks shy of the 4 month period so just curious

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
browning911 said:
I already know! ;)

I am behind you and Matthars. So we will get SA after you. ;D From my fingers to God's ears.

I think Botengcoke and us submitted on same day but they never asked him for updated forms. So maybe we are further behind him.

Maybe not! And no, you don't know, trust me. It's not what you think. And I better be right. Otherwise, it's going to suck. Wife's bet is May 1.

I actually doubt very much that the forms have slowed you down at all. As long as they are corrected now, you'll be fine. See, they can start on BG/Security checks with just his passport copy. So I bet you're on track with the rest of us.

botengcoke

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 3 2016
AOR Received.
May 3,2016
browning911 said:
I already know! ;)

hi there!.... same time line with browning, i hope we can get updates! so i will not waste money to renew my OWP... my consultant told me to wait few more weeks for sure there is update for us...

RaviJ

Star Member
Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9/27/16
AOR Received.
11/02/16
Med's Done....
upfront
Guys my work place just gave me 1 more month to provide my work permit , if i dont i will be terminated until i have it.I am under Implied status .my app was received since Sept 30 2016.They requested my passport information on March 6th to continue processing my OWP..that was sent immediately.Any idea of i am starting all da way at the back of queue again because of the doc request?...just so worried and frustrated now...hoping i get it this week.

lakwachero

Aug 23, 2016
profiler said:
Not quite sure what work permit he was coming from. Here is the OWP package:

IMM5710 is a mandatory form. If that is not supplied, then no request for a work permit was tabled to CIC. They would therefore not be working on one. If they are not working on one, then he does not have implied status, and therefore would be working illegally (if they didn't get a IMM5710).

Can you apply? Sure. But if he is more than 90 days out of status, he won't be able to restore his status until AIP. That can take months to get to.

Wish I had better news for you. But from what you supplied, that is the best I can do.
Hi Profiler,

Thank you for you advice! He was on a working holiday VISA for 1 yr having come from Spain which is now past the 90 days which you mentioned. We actually got a hold of the CIC today and they mentioned that he just send in the IMM5710 now w/ the supporting documents with a letter explaining what happened, which we couriered over. He's also quitting his job today at Starbucks, it's just tough as you can imagine. We weren't prepared for myself to be the sole financial provider for the interim – it is what it is for the time being. I'm not too sure when his AIP would come in. We applied back in Aug 2016 got confirmation it was received in November 2016. Would you have a sense of what the timing is like for that?

L

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
lakwachero said:
Hi Profiler,

Thank you for you advice! He was on a working holiday VISA for 1 yr having come from Spain which is now past the 90 days which you mentioned. We actually got a hold of the CIC today and they mentioned that he just send in the IMM5710 now w/ the supporting documents with a letter explaining what happened, which we couriered over. He's also quitting his job today at Starbucks, it's just tough as you can imagine. We weren't prepared for myself to be the sole financial provider for the interim – it is what it is for the time being. I'm not too sure when his AIP would come in. We applied back in Aug 2016 got confirmation it was received in November 2016. Would you have a sense of what the timing is like for that?

L
They are shooting to have applications completed in 12 months. So, I can guess under that. It's as good as I can give you for now. Sorry I didn't have better news. But good to know that, perhaps CIC won't hold that against him.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
RaviJ said:
Guys my work place just gave me 1 more month to provide my work permit , if i dont i will be terminated until i have it.I am under Implied status .my app was received since Sept 30 2016.They requested my passport information on March 6th to continue processing my OWP..that was sent immediately.Any idea of i am starting all da way at the back of queue again because of the doc request?...just so worried and frustrated now...hoping i get it this week.
Did you start working there without an OWP + SIN? I am confused why they would ask for additional documents for your OWP -- did you not include those before? Did you have a Work Permit before you applied for the OWP?

RaviJ

Star Member
Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9/27/16
AOR Received.
11/02/16
Med's Done....
upfront
Hi Profiler , i started with a POST GRAD WORK PERMIT + Sin which expired in October , and i provided them with the receipts of my application being submitted and even the letter from IRCC requesting my passport on March 6th to show i am under implied status still.I think they are just concerned now that it took more than 4 months ...i am going into 6 months now and still haven't receive OWP

lakwachero

Aug 23, 2016
profiler said:
They are shooting to have applications completed in 12 months. So, I can guess under that. It's as good as I can give you for now. Sorry I didn't have better news. But good to know that, perhaps CIC won't hold that against him.
Thanks so much Profiler, I saw that on the processing times on the CIC site which is so great. Originally it was supposed to be 26months - oy. Side question though. We've held off on travelling (almost 2 years now) because of this whole process and waiting for his work permit (even though that's not a guarantee it's ok to travel and come back). I know it's not advised to leave the country, but my husbands grandparents are ill and he's been wanting to visit for a while - he also would love to see the rest of his family.

Do you think if he leaves for a couple of weeks this June and is back for beginning of July that it would be a big deal with regards to his PR application? Going on the estimated timeline he should get PR by Aug 2017 (ideally, if all goes well). Seeing as he doesn't have an implied status to lose now, I guess he could leave the country. Maybe? If he tried to re-enter, would it be safe to say if he just shows his marriage licence and PR application copy + receipt of payment that it might be ok? Would they deny him? Any insight you have on that would be awesome.

L

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
RaviJ said:
Hi Profiler , i started with a POST GRAD WORK PERMIT + Sin which expired in October , and i provided them with the receipts of my application being submitted and even the letter from IRCC requesting my passport on March 6th to show i am under implied status still.I think they are just concerned now that it took more than 4 months ...i am going into 6 months now and still haven't receive OWP
I understand why they'd be nervous. Only CIC has the answers now...

RaviJ

Star Member
Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9/27/16
AOR Received.
11/02/16
Med's Done....
upfront
yup..thanks profiler ...all i can do now is keep hoping i will get it in time...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
lakwachero said:
Thanks so much Profiler, I saw that on the processing times on the CIC site which is so great. Originally it was supposed to be 26months - oy. Side question though. We've held off on travelling (almost 2 years now) because of this whole process and waiting for his work permit (even though that's not a guarantee it's ok to travel and come back). I know it's not advised to leave the country, but my husbands grandparents are ill and he's been wanting to visit for a while - he also would love to see the rest of his family.

Do you think if he leaves for a couple of weeks this June and is back for beginning of July that it would be a big deal with regards to his PR application? Going on the estimated timeline he should get PR by Aug 2017 (ideally, if all goes well). Seeing as he doesn't have an implied status to lose now, I guess he could leave the country. Maybe? If he tried to re-enter, would it be safe to say if he just shows his marriage licence and PR application copy + receipt of payment that it might be ok? Would they deny him? Any insight you have on that would be awesome.

L
The problem isn't losing implied status. The problem is:
- not being go for "too long" (as in Canada applications require you to remain in Canada; though "short trips" are tolerated). Gone for too long can have CIC consider the application "abandoned".

- if you're (the sponsor) not a citizen, then you have to remain in Canada.

- the border is where the big problem lies. He will be seekin dual intent entry (to enter as a visitor or a temporary resident, and have a PR application in play). So you should google "cic dual intent" and become versed on it. It's not wrong or illegal, but they can refuse him entry for any reason. They will focus on his ties to his country of origin. They must be satisfied that he will return home, if his app is refused. They could also focus on his unintended illegal working. So leaving is ok, but risky.

Also, keep in mind that, they will process his application under public policy. So he doesn't need to change status to still be processed. Public policy allows applicants to still be considered when they are out of status.

Hope that helps.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
RaviJ said:
yup..thanks profiler ...all i can do now is keep hoping i will get it in time...
You can also prove to your employer that you have been in contact regarding your OWP. So it might ease the pressure.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
RaviJ said:
I know it's different from study permit, but it might work for you too. My wife had to renew her study permit in 2015. She applied 4 months before it expired and the processing at that time was something like 2 months. It took 7 months to get it. When her status was expired for 2 months, the university was refusing to recognize her implied status, saying that according to the processing time published on CIC website she should already have her new study permit. They even stopped her fellowship... until she used her laptop, logged in to her "mycic" account in front of them and showed there was no decision yet. They then unblocked her files with the university and allowed her to continue her studies. I don't know if it is possible to link your mycic with the OWP application, but if you can, show your employer that there are no decision yet, therefore you are on implied status. In any case, I wish you to get good news very soon.