thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
profiler said:
Noo, Mrs Profiler is NOT the booze-y kind. The odd cocktail, semi-sweet red, Fruli, cider, Guinness, or sip of craft beer if I am recommending it. Otherwise, she is out. I know, strange that she won't touch the demon-wodka huh? I also fear her lack of attention to detail. I fear her free-pour. I'd better handle the barbequeing and the drinks. ;)

*mutters: one for you, two for me, and one for you, and two for me!*

LOL that is too funny and i can make the salad

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Alright 2016'ers.

Who is up for some Christmas-time betting? Profiler is going to start a pool and accept wagers for what McCallum's statement states tomorrow.

I am going to have to say, I am tossing my bets on:
- OWP extended (possibly indefinitely)
- Creation of "The Backlog Office"
- Yazidi's

Anyone in? Maria, I am looking at youuuuu....

rkurtur

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got confused with question 3 after reading so many posts.

My case is simple, Myself and my wife (PR) is with me working in Canada. I like to sponser my mom(who is in India) as my dad has expired an year ago. So, what is my family members count .

I am not going have my wife as co-signer as I have sufficient income on my own to sponser my mom.

Is it 2 (myself and my wife) or Is it 3(myself , my wife and my mother)?

Thanks,

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
rkurtur said:
I got confused with question 3 after reading so many posts.

My case is simple, Myself and my wife (PR) is with me working in Canada. I like to sponser my mom(who is in India) as my dad has expired an year ago. So, what is my family members count .

I am not going have my wife as co-signer as I have sufficient income on my own to sponser my mom.

Is it 2 (myself and my wife) or Is it 3(myself , my wife and my mother)?

Thanks,
You might want to ask in one of the PGP threads. If I was to guess, the total number of people is 2.

legolg

May 10, 2016
GTA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2016
Doc's Request.
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
28-04-2016 & AOR 2 10-06-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
04-11-2016; Passed end of March 2017
Interview........
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
27-07-2017
profiler said:
Alright 2016'ers.

Who is up for some Christmas-time betting? Profiler is going to start a pool and accept wagers for what McCallum's statement states tomorrow.

I am going to have to say, I am tossing my bets on:
- OWP extended (possibly indefinitely)
- Creation of "The Backlog Office"
- Yazidi's

Anyone in? Maria, I am looking at youuuuu....
I hope they at the very least say that they are completely finished with the 2015 applications so that we can be next and they are up to date. In my dreams though,they would say that everyone in the backlog reduction program is now approved for first stage,at the very least.

legolg

May 10, 2016
GTA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2016
Doc's Request.
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
27-07-2017
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-immigration-levels-2017-1.3883758

The bottom portion says that McCallum is will make good news about the processing times for families tomorrow in the live chat.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
legolg said:
I hope they at the very least say that they are completely finished with the 2015 applications so that we can be next and they are up to date. In my dreams though,they would say that everyone in the backlog reduction program is now approved for first stage,at the very least.
Unfortunately, July's are still getting landings. As I mentioned earlier, there is no longer a distinction between SIR and not. Every case, no matter the situation or circumstances is in SIR, and until they have a maintainable level and a sustainable process, they will continue to burn through the cases like they have been. This was straight from my MP's office today.

So everyone who was worried (I recall browning911, maria_mirabela, you and perhaps a few others(?) were), can stand down... your in SIR and they are continuing the same pace until the backlog is pretty much gone.

I wish they could say SA / AIP was blanket approved. Unfortunately, I don't think they can. Service Ontario would not be able to handle the waves of people rushing in to get OHIP :).

legolg

May 10, 2016
GTA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2016
Doc's Request.
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
27-07-2017
profiler said:
Unfortunately, July's are still getting landings. As I mentioned earlier, there is no longer a distinction between SIR and not. Every case, no matter the situation or circumstances is in SIR, and until they have a maintainable level and a sustainable process, they will continue to burn through the cases like they have been. This was straight from my MP's office today.

So everyone who was worried (I recall browning911, maria_mirabela, you and perhaps a few others(?) were), can stand down... your in SIR and they are continuing the same pace until the backlog is pretty much gone.

I wish they could say SA / AIP was blanket approved. Unfortunately, I don't think they can. Service Ontario would not be able to handle the waves of people rushing in to get OHIP :).
I don't fully understand what you mean by that. I remember discussing my work permit situation and being told that I should just wait until the end of the year because I may get my landing before I would get my work permit. Still think it's true?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
legolg said:
I don't fully understand what you mean by that. I remember discussing my work permit situation and being told that I should just wait until the end of the year because I may get my landing before I would get my work permit. Still think it's true?
I must be mistaken then. I thought it was you? Well, anyway, that's what happens when we get old I guess.

SIR is the program to reduce the backlog. On June 13 they announced it, and any case in the backlog on that date was to be assessed and if it could move through faster, it would be. How long were you out of status when you filed inland? I cannot remember...

legolg

May 10, 2016
GTA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2016
Doc's Request.
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
27-07-2017
profiler said:
I must be mistaken then. I thought it was you? Well, anyway, that's what happens when we get old I guess.

SIR is the program to reduce the backlog. On June 13 they announced it, and any case in the backlog on that date was to be assessed and if it could move through faster, it would be. How long were you out of status when you filed inland? I cannot remember...
We did discuss it. I'm in the SIR because I sent my application in March and my GCMS notes confirmed it. I was out of status for a year and a month. They denied my application for TRP and work permit in february 2015-ish. I then re-sent for restoration and that also got denied so I just decided to do the sponsorship as soon as I could because I didn't wanna wait 4 years for the H&C.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
legolg said:
We did discuss it. I'm in the SIR because I sent my application in March and my GCMS notes confirmed it. I was out of status for a year and a month. They denied my application for TRP and work permit in february 2015-ish. I then re-sent for restoration and that also got denied so I just decided to do the sponsorship as soon as I could because I didn't wanna wait 4 years for the H&C.
Right, I remember now. Thanks for the jog -- the mind is sharp, but sometimes has mini vacations...

So, my guess here is that you'd be pretty close to a SA / AIP anyway. Judging by what my MP's office stated today (they are giving me the net changes) my wife's application (which was BG check in progress in July) has now "received all the necessary documents and they will begin processing shortly". They did suffix that with the standard canned CIC answer of 16 months + 10 months.

Now, the only documents they didn't have was a PCC (that we'd already filed and they'd already thanked us for like 4 times), and the reports from CSIS (security) and RCMP (criminality). So, if I read between the lines, the last update was Security and Criminality in progress, to all documents received would tell me they are done those assessments, and now we just need a few hours for an officer to look at our case and decide. We are March 2 2016 applicants.

So, with that information, I would guess that you would be along the same or similar time line. So, you must be close to an SA / AIP.... right ?

legolg

May 10, 2016
GTA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2016
Doc's Request.
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
27-07-2017
profiler said:
Right, I remember now. Thanks for the jog -- the mind is sharp, but sometimes has mini vacations...

So, my guess here is that you'd be pretty close to a SA / AIP anyway. Judging by what my MP's office stated today (they are giving me the net changes) my wife's application (which was BG check in progress in July) has now "received all the necessary documents and they will begin processing shortly". They did suffix that with the standard canned CIC answer of 16 months + 10 months.

Now, the only documents they didn't have was a PCC (that we'd already filed and they'd already thanked us for like 4 times), and the reports from CSIS (security) and RCMP (criminality). So, if I read between the lines, the last update was Security and Criminality in progress, to all documents received would tell me they are done those assessments, and now we just need a few hours for an officer to look at our case and decide. We are March 2 2016 applicants.

So, with that information, I would guess that you would be along the same or similar time line. So, you must be close to an SA / AIP.... right ?
They received my application on March 18,2016 so pretty close after yours. I never got a request for PCC when the batch came around because I sent mine in pretty fresh (I got it done maybe a week before I sent in my application). My CIC says background in check and I'm waiting on them to pass my medical now. My MP called them yesterday and they said they are doing the eligibility for my sponsor and then my security will be the next step, assuming that's after I get my SA/AIP.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
legolg said:
They received my application on March 18,2016 so pretty close after yours. I never got a request for PCC when the batch came around because I sent mine in pretty fresh (I got it done maybe a week before I sent in my application). My CIC says background in check and I'm waiting on them to pass my medical now. My MP called them yesterday and they said they are doing the eligibility for my sponsor and then my security will be the next step, assuming that's after I get my SA/AIP.
A month ago they told my MP that they were assessing my eligibility while my wife's security and criminality was being processed. So, you're pretty close to what we have, must be in the same group.

Did they not state that security and criminality was in process? Criminality takes about 15 seconds of outside resource time typically. Security is the one that takes the time. But yes, I am seeing people in other threads going from just BG check in progress to SA and AIP (if they get them at all), then like a few days later DM. So, you might need to book your landing party with Maria... she is the Landing Party Ombudswoman...

legolg

May 10, 2016
GTA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2016
Doc's Request.
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
27-07-2017
profiler said:
A month ago they told my MP that they were assessing my eligibility while my wife's security and criminality was being processed. So, you're pretty close to what we have, must be in the same group.

Did they not state that security and criminality was in process? Criminality takes about 15 seconds of outside resource time typically. Security is the one that takes the time. But yes, I am seeing people in other threads going from just BG check in progress to SA and AIP (if they get them at all), then like a few days later DM. So, you might need to book your landing party with Maria... she is the Landing Party Ombudswoman...
No I guess not. It does say background in check for me though on the myCIC. Hopefully by the end of the year, I hear something.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
legolg said:
No I guess not. It does say background in check for me though on the myCIC. Hopefully by the end of the year, I hear something.
I am sure you will have something soon.

I guess I shouldn't have said ombudswoman, more like the Landing Party Whisper... but I digress...